Bugatti Chiron | Page 12 | FerrariChat

Bugatti Chiron

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by Aerolithe57, Nov 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    It's way better looking than the Veyron.

2. lsmkr01

lsmkr01 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    VA
    Full Name:
    Alexander
  3. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    I just embed the link!

:)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89T1j1usPLI[/ame]

4. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I think it looks great in black. I also love that blue interior. I agree w the video though, no competition when the Veyron came out. Now there is crazy competition. Bugatti may have trouble moving 500 normal Chirons, especially if there's some sort of economic correction.

5. lsmkr01

lsmkr01 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    VA
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    100% agree, especially since they are essentially pushing out the same formula. I will say the car look amazing in black w/ blue interior. maybe having the front matte and the rear gloss might make it pop more. The two color Bugatti cars IMHO look the best.

6. TopspeedPT

TopspeedPT Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2012
    Portugal
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxnFea9k6ek[/ame]

7. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    A really nice documentary about the Chiron.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56-rzvtq3SU&index=33&list=WL[/ame]

8. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I like the Chiron more each time I see it. Stunning and sharp compared to Veyron.

9. ebrafin

ebrafin Rookie

Jul 26, 2007
    I'm also warming to it more every time I see it, and I see AutoExpress consider it 'more tactile' than the Veyron, so it bodes well. Plus suggesting 250 firm deposits already on the 500 car total run, so looking like it'll sell. (Hope it's ok to link to AutoExpress??)

New Bugatti Chiron review | Auto Express

10. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    So much better looking than the Veyron. I have never liked the looks of the Veyron.

11. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    So much better looking than the Veyron. I have never liked the looks of the Veyron.

12. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wFetSrDqEeY

This is insane. Chiron struggles for grip at first but once it links up, look out. I've never seen a speedo climb like that except on the one:1 but these are totally different cars. P1, 918, LAF aren't even close once the Chiron gets traction.

13. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler

Probably didn't even spill his latte!

14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q5irHpA90Fs

Looks insanely sinister in black. I can't wait for the official statistics from reviews to come out. 0-200 mph in 15 seconds or so I'm guessing. Performance on an entirely different level.

That's about 10 seconds faster to 200 mph than a Porsche 918 to put things in perspective.

15. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    #290 Twosherpaz, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I cannot begin to describe the feeling of driving this car. It was smooth, it was beyond incredibly fast, it had great steering feel, and phenomenally enjoyable stopping power.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Please elaborate further!

17. lsmkr01

lsmkr01 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    VA
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Yes, please share more thoughts! The all black with orange interior Jethroe test drove looks phenomenal. I really want one now.

18. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    I have never driven in a faster, more luxurious car. Think about that combo.

Andy Wallace, who was my co-pilot, raged on about the steering feeling and feedback. He has many more hours in the car than I do, of course. What I did gather rather quickly in the two and a half hour test drive, was that the steering feel in this car was as good as that in my 2011 GT3RS which has been sort of my benchmark. To come from a 4,400 pound car is mind boggling.

The acceleration in this beautiful beast could be nausea inducing. Andy told me one passenger had nearly blacked out from the acceleration while yet another had soiled themself. Immediately after his accelerating from 50-170 I knew how this could have happened. Then the braking was like being passenger in a race car and being thrown forward into your safety restraint.

While the braking power (estimated at 2000hp) was even more fun than the acceleration, said acceleration and ease and comfort was unparalleled. Within two minutes of taking the wheel, he said punch it. I floored it on a straight patch of road for just a little while, and after braking, was speechless at having just hit 193. Later, on a bumpy up and down stretch, I hit 173. This was never a risky or uncomfortable sort of thing. It was a stable, comfortable cruise. The bumps were absorbed easily and the wheels always planted.

A story was relayed of a test driver who enjoyed accelerating to 150, taking his hands off the wheel, and braking hard. The car is so well engineered, so stable, that braking was absolutely straight and the hands weren't needed.

I am in no way suggesting or recommending anyone drive unsafely. What I am trying to say is that at these ridiculous speeds, this car feels stable. Beyond stable. Slamming on the brakes after hitting 228, the car didn't move left or right on me, just this awesomely huge stopping power that made me smile broadly.

I feel my summary is grossly inadequate to describe this masterpiece of automotive engineering.

19. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Wow!
    where did this take place?

20. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I feel the Chiron is the only car to get at the moment in the $1 million and up range. I wouldn't even look at a P1/918/LAF/Pagani/Ksegg etc. over a Chiron. The reviews have been beyond expectation.

21. cmack

cmack Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Germany

I had the honour to Drive the Chiron today, also with Andy as my co driver. I can agree with Your Impression. I ordered the Chiron Way back at the end of 2015 but I did Not expect that out of this world experience in Portugal today. The Word accelaration has a new meaning to me After this drive.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

22. cmack

cmack Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Germany

The Test drives did take Place around Lisbon in Portugal.

23. cmack

cmack Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Germany

I would not have believed that number yesterday. But After Diving the Chiron today and sitting next to Andy Wallace when accelerating out of a toll Box from Zero without any wheelspin I think the Chiron is on a different Level.

24. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Amazing. I'm insanely jealous.