Stolen 288 GTO's | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Stolen 288 GTO's

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by EdwardLovett, Oct 7, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Juicy. We want more details.

2. Kangxi

Kangxi Rookie

Dec 16, 2016
    Just to update,I contacted the original Finance Company who seem to exist in name only but are still live and filing accounts in the U.K.

They have not responded to my call and message left for a specific person,the named Director.

I therefore once again contacted the Police who found details that I had contacted them last in 2011 and that the file was active. They confirmed that someone was to have contacted me to update the situation but I informed them that no contact with me was actually made despite follow ups that they also have on their records.

I have been given details of a DCI to contact and it will be up to him whether they provide the full details back to me.

Without details from Pitney Bowes of their Insurance Companies details I can't do any more.

Very frustrating that no one seems to be interested.

3. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Why don't you just provide details such as proper names and chassis number? I am sure that would lead to proper reactions here.

Marcel Massini

4. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Agreed.

5. Kangxi

Kangxi Rookie

Dec 16, 2016
    The only people with the details of the Chassis are the Police and the unknown Insurance Company.

If you'd have bothered to read the thread properly then it would appear self evident.

6. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Perhaps you should re-read your own post #8?

Who do you mean with "E.K.A."?
    And why don't you just "provide de chassis number" here on fchat?

Marcel Massini

7. Kangxi

Kangxi Rookie

Dec 16, 2016
    Marcel,that was almost 25 years ago when I had all the paperwork.

If I had the Chassis No. I would look it up in Joes' excellent book or indeed discuss it with you.

I am the only person actively seeking a conclusion,neither the Police or indeed the original owners seem bothered about it.

Maybe I should just give up.

8. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Fascinating thread.

Switching gears slightly (excuse the pun) but in today's world where social media provides a wealth of quality information that's instantly available (especially through the likes of Instagram, autogespot and FChat etc) has this reduced the risk of targeted theft of such vehicles, has it increased the risk, or no change/case by case?

My assumption is it's now much harder to dispose of a limited edition/well known/frequently shot vehicle. That sooner or later, a car will be spotted/seen/serviced. Unless someone is Bond-style super villain, loves these types of cars and has their own private island.

9. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    AGAIN: Who do you mean with "E.K.A."?

Marcel Massini

10. Kangxi

Kangxi Rookie

Dec 16, 2016
    If I provided you with the name it would make no difference.

I have named other persons and I think that should be enough.

I'm quite happy if a moderator wishes to delete my posts.

11. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    It appears you are somewhat uneducated in the world of Ferrari and specifically that of the 288 GTO.
    Joe Sackey and in particular Marcel Massini are considered to be the 'go to' people where these cars are concerned...elaborating on the initials E K A will more than likely lead you to the car's identification with the aforementioned gentlemen and perhaps provide a little closure on what is appearing to be a wild goose chase for you...

Paul

12. Kangxi

Kangxi Rookie

Dec 16, 2016
    E K A are the initials of the thief/fraudster, I am aware of the knowledge of Mr Sackey and Mr Massini.

They are the 'go to' people when I have hopefully obtained the long lost Chassis No. and any other information on the other vehicles.

13. saadxj220

saadxj220 Karting

Oct 13, 2008
    Dubai, U.A.E
    U mean Abdul Wahab Galadari and Ilyas Galadari?

I think they are of Iranian origin and 1 of the richest families in the U.A.E.

Regards.

14. saadxj220

saadxj220 Karting

Oct 13, 2008
    Dubai, U.A.E
  15. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I think it has reduced the risk significantly.

16. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    this thread is just cracking me up. no wonder the banks and companies don't return your calls. you fail at putting any type of coherent argument together.

Joe and Marcel probably know a ton of things that could help you out here. You can lead a horse to water...

17. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    Why is it so hard to understand the rightful owners of said cars won't talk to you because it's none of your business? Unless you own a 288gto that you suspect was once stolen why on earth would they indulge your inner Sherlock Holmes?

18. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    Hell... I wish I stole 'em!

19. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    E.K.A ?

Yes it would be useful to post the name here if he is/was, as alleged,a company director in the UK.....or maybe you are not actually sure if he was the guy involved?

Perhaps the whole thing is just sick joke?

20. rddvl

rddvl Rookie

Jan 14, 2008
    New Zealand
    Is E.K.A
    presently involved with the sale of any cars in the UK (or internationally)?
    just putting 2 n 2 together

21. Mckinney

Mckinney Karting

Mar 29, 2013
    Marcel, was the car recovered in Osaka? Hopefully things have changed since 1995 and one cannot now fly stolen cars in and out of major airports - but that's probably wishful thinking. I'm thinking about the fchat member whose 250 GTE was stolen in Germany. He says the authorities reviewed cargo manifests at all the nearest airports, to no avail. But, perhaps it was flown out nonetheless.

22. Kangxi

Kangxi Rookie

Dec 16, 2016
    Just an update, no response from the Police but today I found the Month when I submitted the report and the clients reference no.

I reported back to the client in My 1991 so the thefts occurred 1989-90.

I don't need any rude replies,just hoping the dates may help jog any memories. Two Dealers that I had copy invoices from were Talacrest and Greypaul.

23. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    Sales invoices or service invoices?

Paul

24. bonneau13

bonneau13 Karting

Oct 18, 2009
    California
    This isn’t your own online diary man, we don’t want or need anymore of your “updates”

Gmack likes this.
  25. Kangxi

Kangxi Rookie

Dec 16, 2016
    Sales Invoices,I recall being stunned by the amounts back then3-400,00 for one of them,less for the other.

Bonneau13,you could quite easily have not posted rather than left an ugly remark and it reflects badly on you.

Moderator,please remove my posts,I've had enough of the mean spiritedness here.