anyone have / use an Auto Lift Car Park lift? | FerrariChat

anyone have / use an Auto Lift Car Park lift?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Jimmy3993, Feb 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jimmy3993

Jimmy3993 Karting

Oct 31, 2016
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Jim Augustine
    I am lift hunting. Looking to get 2 cars into one spot in the garage and thus relieve spousal pressure.

Auto Lift seems like a solid choice but I don't know what I don't know so I thought that I would throw this out there and see if anyone had any direct experience.

thx!

2. Envious Eric

Envious Eric Karting

Sep 21, 2009
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #2 Envious Eric, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    I got my lift from bestbuyautoequipment.com

Its a mid-rise, and AUTOlift, Bendpak, and Dannmar all seemed VERY similar, with different colors.

I then went on Alibaba and checked for the lift. BAM, there it is in both blue and black.

There is a bunch of re-labeling going on, this is a case I believe (not 100%) here and why I didn't go with the bendpak. The auto lift didn't have free shipping, which is why I went with Dannmar (black, free shipping = same price as auto lift plus shipping, but autolift was blue)

3. Jimmy3993

Jimmy3993 Karting

Oct 31, 2016
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Jim Augustine
    Could you tell me about the installation process?
    Are you happy with it?
    Lastly, would you mind taking a picture of how you set it up?
    I'd really appreciate it!

4. Gialllo uno

Gialllo uno Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    12 years ago I bought a Bark yard buddy. American made.......American or Canadian steel. Probably like.....Snap on tools. Well made and Safe. About $4600 back then, with drip pans etc? Heavy pieces and definitely it is work to set up. I just moved mine recently in a new house. You need to measure floor to ceiling and need a minimum of 10 feet.

5. Gialllo uno

Gialllo uno Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Back yard buddy that is.

6. IMAGINETHAT

IMAGINETHAT Rookie

Mar 18, 2015
    Palm Desert, CA
    Full Name:
    Len
    #6 IMAGINETHAT, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I used AC Lifts out of San Diego, worked with Jason, and a year into ownership and I haven't had any issues. It's the ParkKing model and American grade steel. Not the cheapest lift out there but I wouldn't stack my cars on a cheap product. You'll get varying opinions from different folks but I would recommend AC if you want a quality product.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Looking to add a 2nd so we can park 4 inside. The existing lift has 2 bridge-jacks to raise the car off the lift for wheel, brake, and shock work.

8. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #8 Owens84QV, Apr 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017