I think I've found my car but........ | FerrariChat

I think I've found my car but........

Discussion in '360/430' started by FrankForrest, Apr 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FrankForrest

FrankForrest Rookie

Nov 12, 2016
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Price seems to good to be true. Red/tan '06 Spider with 22k miles, 2 owner, no accidents, all service records - $120,500. Oh, and did I mention it's a gated manual! What am I missing here other than this dealer also has an '11 458 for $85k (granted it has almost 100k miles on it, but still) and an '11 California for $92k with 18,000 miles. Something's got to be wrong with these cars, right? If the deal is legit, it's probably gone already.

2. Perkins

Perkins Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Rick
    You already know the answer to your question.

3. HIO Silver

HIO Silver Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Alonso C.
    The 2006 might be a good deal or overpriced for what it is. Do your research, get an objective PPI, and put it through its paces.

4. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Wow. Get it checked out. That may be worth it even if it needs a few things. From what I see, as long as it's not anything major, the 430 repair prices are pretty damn reasonable. The lack of F1 helps too. That sounds like a stellar deal.

5. cclassics

cclassics Rookie

Jun 21, 2016
    Langley
    the 06 sounds like its priced right- i know the asking prices on a 3 pedal are high but how many sell at that?

at 20k miles its likely needing a clutch very soon- and if thats the case then the price to me seems right- all depends on what work it needs-

the suns almost out here today-- i may go and wash mine to take it out .. thats IF the sun st stays out here..

6. BladeMD

BladeMD Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2015
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Hannibal
    I think I know the dealer your looking at. I was looking at some cars they had too. They have very bad reviews and seem to be very shady. If you do biz w them, make damn sure you get a PPI from a VERY reputable wrench.

7. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    does not pass the smell test

8. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Source for gated manual clutches needing replacement "very soon" after 20k miles?

9. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I have 34k on my original clutch

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

10. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    40k on mine

11. Cinque

Cinque Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2012
    West Coast
    #11 Cinque, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    A 2006 430 Manual spider that was listed on fchat sold recently for $170k and it had under 18k miles. The owner listed it at a lower initial price than most of the dealers gated 430's and it sold pretty quickly. The dealers seem to hold out for top dollar since there are so few 430 Manuals on the market, like around 5 coupes for sale across the US, and a few more spiders at any given time.

Also, in the listing for this car did you actually see a picture of the interior to confirm it is actually a gated car? As is often the case, dealers will call it a manual even if it is F1.

12. MrFancyPants

MrFancyPants Rookie

Mar 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Brandon L Adkins
    Link to the 458? Not trying to get in on the 430 as I'm no interested in a manual. Lol.

13. BladeMD

BladeMD Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2015
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Hannibal
    The 458 they have listed is an old Vegas track car that's made the rounds a bit. First time I sniffed it the seller was asking $110k for >100k miles. Damn sure this is same car. Wish I could remember the dealer website but it's not the easiest to find as they don't get their listings on the big sites like cars.com very often. Last I saw this site was about 3 months ago.