1983 512 Bbi 44815 | FerrariChat

1983 512 Bbi 44815

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by porschecarl, Jun 26, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. porschecarl

porschecarl Rookie

Oct 24, 2013
    Manhattan Beach
    Full Name:
    carl tofflemire
    #1 porschecarl, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was fortunate enough to purchase this beautiful Rosso Corso over Black full leather Boxer from an Fchat member and felt it only appropriate to offer it back to the community first prior to the world at large.

512 bbi 44815 is a very presentable 33k km, unrestored, no accident example with matching body numbers present at all visible locations. A Full major engine out service was completed in 2014 (@31k km) including, belts, valve adj, filters, fluids, paint and plating of anything that needed attention. Ignition, Cooling and AC systems were fully serviced as well at that time by Steve Tillacks team at Fastcars. It has had a minor service including oil and brake fluid since. Invoices total over $25k.

For CA residents where smog requirements still exist and are very strict this BBi is one of a very few with a CA B.A.R (bureau of automotive repair) lable allowing it to be registered here. Grey Market Cars without this designation are impossible to smog and register in CA.

We entered the car at FCA's Concorso Colorado in Pasadena consecutively in 2014 & 15' winning Platinum both times. Mclusky LTD resprayed all of the satin boxer trim in 2014 just prior to the first show. The interior is original. All keys, books and tools are present along with the original Pioneer head unit and EQ. Everything works as designed including the clock. The only non stock items are the Nuvoari exhaust and MSD ignition. The Catalyst exhaust and air injection system come with the car.

Originally imported to MA on 3-9-83 and certified by Amerispec. There is little evidence of the EPA / DOT federalization work remaining with the exception of the door beams. The complete file from Dick Fritz is included along with the EPA & DOT releases. The body was never drilled for side marker lights, a huge plus.

Known Owner history:

Arnold Katz / Magna Corp of N. Chelmsford, MA - original owner & importer of record 1983

Ronald Schmidt of Danbury, CT 1987

Mark Hurwitz of Newport Beach, CA 2003

Kevin Murphy of Glendale, CA 2004

Carl Tofflemire of Manhattan Beach, CA 2013

As we live at the beach in LA this Boxer rarely gets the exercise it needs and deserves on open roads at appropriate speeds. We have found that this environment is far more conducive to the Porsches in our collection and would be open to interesting vintage, collector quality Porsches in trade plus cash.

Priced realistically to sell at $349,000

Please contact me for any additional info:
    Carl Tofflemire 310-418-3112
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Texas, would let her stretch her legs....

GLWS!

Great car, and well written ad.

3. porschecarl

porschecarl Rookie

Oct 24, 2013
    Manhattan Beach
    Full Name:
    carl tofflemire
  4. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    Oh yeah, Murph's car. He was supposed to give me a ride in it, but never got a chance.

5. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    sweet BB :) GLWS

6. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Wow!!! One of my favorites!!! GLWS

7. porschecarl

porschecarl Rookie

Oct 24, 2013
    Manhattan Beach
    Full Name:
    carl tofflemire
    Had the Bbi out for a a great run up the coast this am. Someone is going to get one awesome driving, iconic Ferrari. Will it be you?

8. porschecarl

porschecarl Rookie

Oct 24, 2013
    Manhattan Beach
    Full Name:
    carl tofflemire
    Reflecting the current market conditions and our desire to sell we have repriced our 512 Bbi to $339,000. I believe this is now the most competitively priced BBI in the US and certainly one of the highest quality examples available anywhere. Interesting trades + cash are welcome, Porsche's preferred.

Thanks, Carl

9. porschecarl

porschecarl Rookie

Oct 24, 2013
    Manhattan Beach
    Full Name:
    carl tofflemire
    Well we managed to pick up another Porsche putting additional pressure on an already full garage. Accordingly we've dropped the price today to $329,000. Certainly the finest example on the market today for the price.

10. porschecarl

porschecarl Rookie

Oct 24, 2013
    Manhattan Beach
    Full Name:
    carl tofflemire
    Thought we had a deal but somehow the funds just never materialized!? Hmm? Still on the market at the best price for the condition and possibly any ready to go BBi, now $319,000.

11. HeloSixx

HeloSixx Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 15, 2007
    Amelia Island FL
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Love this car! GLWS

12. Deluxe_Broker

Deluxe_Broker Rookie

Apr 15, 2016
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon Fragopoulos
    Is the car still available ?

13. craterface

craterface Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2011
    Sanibel Island, FL
    In the late 80s, I worked at the Kennebunkport Inn, Kennebunkport, Maine, and one of my many jobs was valet parking, a job that I inherited from my older brother.

Arnie Katz was a regular, and by the time I worked there, he had traded this car for a Testarossa. When he had a a reservation, I would put some cones by the front door and save that space for him. He also owned an AM Volante, slant nose 911 Turbo, Corniche, etc. I never parked these cars, but I did get to drool over them while I worked.
    He was a real car guy. He had a big summer house on Ocean Ave. I have no idea what he did for a living, but clearly it was lucrative.

In the intervening 30 years, I have had the opportunity to drive a TR, a 360, 430, 550, and a BBi on the open road. As well as an 89 factory slantnose. The 512bbi is an insane looking, sounding, iconic car, but definitely a bit tiring to drive long distances. I ended up buying the 550.

Funny to see that name again...

14. porschecarl

porschecarl Rookie

Oct 24, 2013
    Manhattan Beach
    Full Name:
    carl tofflemire
    Great back story re the BBI which is still available and running great!

15. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Love hearing the old tales!!

Thanks for posting.
    Good luck Carl, definitely a great car at the current "ask"....

16. Sbodie

Sbodie Rookie

Dec 17, 2014
    Wilmington, NC
    Nice car!!

17. porschecarl

porschecarl Rookie

Oct 24, 2013
    Manhattan Beach
    Full Name:
    carl tofflemire
    With all the drama of election season over it's time to get back to marketing the Boxer with a holiday bump and a new price of $299,000. I drove it extensively this past week and it's ready to drive anywhere to its new home. Would look great under the tree as well!

Happy holidays

Carl

410-418-3112

18. porschecarl

porschecarl Rookie

Oct 24, 2013
    Manhattan Beach
    Full Name:
    carl tofflemire
    The BBi is about to be listed on Bring a Trailer. Have a look if interested and happy bidding.

19. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    #19 calder1, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    Great car for any one looking for a good BBI .

Craig

20. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Surprised that it's still for sale!! I wish I was on the market for one.

21. mjw02

mjw02 Karting

Nov 14, 2014
    Rancho Santa Fe
    Full Name:
    Marc
    I am new happy owner :)

22. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY