has anybody tried coolsculpting? | FerrariChat

has anybody tried coolsculpting?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by ross, Mar 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i see the ads for it here in houston and it looks tempting.
    anybody familiar with the process and the results?

2. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    I am a physician and not only personally had it done but opened an office with a friend and can tell that it only works for 30% of the population. It didn't work for me nor my friends despite the weight loss regimen and strict dieting that is suggested to do with it for better results.

The concept is good but don't believe that it actually kills off the all the fat cells they claim it can. Its a scam in my opinion and believe me wished it did really work cause I would be opening more offices and cash in. Save you money and get lipo for better results.

3. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    so if it works for 30% of the population, what are the criteria to know whether it will work for you?

4. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    They aren't known (AFAIK). Response is highly individualized, and in general poor (I'm a Dermatologist, so this is in my wheelhouse). Liposuction is still the gold standard (I don't do it, and would not have it done, but if I wanted to trim a specific body area I would opt for that). Kythera (an injectable fat dissolving agent) is approved to treat "neck waddles" but may end up being used off label for other areas. I've previous played around with the chemicals involved for another reason--it has some promise, but I suspect it will only be effective in very specific areas.

5. erik__c

erik__c Rookie

Oct 21, 2014
    DC
    Full Name:
    Erik
    My wife tried it a few years ago. It did not work for her. No idea why, nor were we informed that it might not work.

6. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Great question , I would like to know too or at least here from the 30 % ers.

7. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    According to the Zeltiq (makers of the coolsculpting) they claim that most people see dramatic results in only 1 application but some patients may need more than 1 treatment.

Each treatment costs about $750 and will "freeze" an area that is the size of stick of butter. So, most patients will need more than 1 treatment since it must have a balanced look so figure 4-5 or more. According to them the ideal candidate is someone that is within 30 lbs of their ideal weight who has not had previous laser treatments or other enhancement procedures irregardless of gender.

In our experience only about a 1/3 of our patients were satisfied which I found was the feeling with other colleagues.

It's a great concept but IMO for that type of money, traditional liposuction is better.

8. DerrickJ839

DerrickJ839 Rookie

Mar 17, 2017
    Full Name:
    Derrick J
    My wife had this done last year on her thighs. We didn't think there were drastic results after 1 treatment, but after 2 more I think we were both really surprised. She loves the way her thighs look now. Just make sure you go to a good doctor & you'll be fine.

9. DerrickJ839

DerrickJ839 Rookie

Mar 17, 2017
    Full Name:
    Derrick J
    My wife had this done last year on her thighs. We didn't think there were drastic results after 1 treatment, but after 2 more I think we were both really surprised. She loves the way her thighs look now. Just make sure you go to a good doctor & you'll be fine.

10. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    If I were on the fence this post would knock me back.

11. speedyellow08

speedyellow08 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2012
    Houston,TX
    Ross....my wife has a med spa in west chase district and she does the procedure on selective patients. According to her it works on those patients. I do not know what criteria she uses to select those patients. If you need to know more about it or want to visit the place to have first hand information PM me.

12. ramgopalvarma219

Mar 17, 2017
    Hi guys ... i have no idea about coolscupting... can anybody tell me about it ?

13. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    BUMP !

Ive lost about 60 lbs on keto but hit a wall it seems.
    That said I'm at my desired weight just wish more was muscle ;)
    Started training hard starting Dec 1st and may have lost another 5 but still have a small gut.

"Coolsculpting" is ultrasonic fat cell breaking right ?

Lipo has its drawbacks including downtime, risk of clots and others. But I'm open to anything.

In the 3 years since the thread start have things changed ?