Amazing deal on a 9k mile 1984 Boxer! | FerrariChat

Amazing deal on a 9k mile 1984 Boxer!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by ExcelsiorZ, Mar 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
  2. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    That does look to be a preferred configuration. The asking is not terrible but I wonder if the current market will support that 250K or if the seller will go lower. Seems to be an opportunity for the BBI enthusiast.

3. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    #3 samsaprunoff, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Good day All,

Just adding some documentation...

Does anyone know the chassis number?

Cheers,

Sam

1984 Ferrari 512BBi
    Color: Red No-Boxer Trim Exterior with Tan Interior
    Mileage: 9800 miles / 15,778 km
    VIN: ?
    Chassis: ?
    Asking: $249500.00 USD

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. CarbBoxer

CarbBoxer Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    PW
    too bad about the DOT hacks for the bumpers & side markers cut into metal

5. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Missing some supports on air boxes, not a fan of the red intake plenums and the interior looks like it needs a good cleaning. As I will be bored out of my mind this week with the snow and I have not been to Gullwing in years, I may drop by to see this car. My gut tells me as with most things, pictures are never a good thing to make a car purchase or an odometer reading.

6. 550Maranello

550Maranello Karting

Oct 2, 2011
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Greg
    MPH speedometer so likely 15,700 miles.
    May be a good car but Gullwing frequently sells cars that are hurting.
    There likely is an issue.

7. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

I went to their website to see if they are still in the same location and I don't see this car on their website. Where did this listing come from?

8. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day,

The link provided above is right from Gullwing's site. In fact if you do a Ferrari inventory search on their site you will find this BBi on the 2nd page of the results.

Cheers,

Sam

9. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Yeah, not sure when you were on the site, but it is not there in the 39 Ferraris listed for sale. No Boxers. I just checked again to make sure I'm not missing it.

I will call them and hear what happened to the ad or the car.

Forget the link go to their site http://www.gullwingmotorcars.com

10. randomlambo

randomlambo Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2013
    RI & MA border
    Full Name:
    DT
    Looks like the car was scooped up?

11. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Says sold

12. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    #12 samsaprunoff, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Good day,

It was there early yesterday... but you are right today it is not. As Paul mentioned the original ad now says sold... I guess we have a data point/valuation as to how fast (2 days or so?) a marketed good condition BBi can sell for in today's market.

Cheers,

Sam

13. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    assuming the car really existed and was not clickbait.

14. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Also had poorly federalized bumpers. I would also wager that whatever "service" was done, was not sufficient to cure the issues of a Boxer that has sat for several years.

15. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

#15 dwhite, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    This car was up on Hemmings site yesterday which is always a month behind minimum, for unsubscribed viewers. It did not sell in 2 days.

16. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day,

As of just now there is no longer a Hemmings ad for the car. Perhaps the subscribed users may have more visibility to current or past ads?

No one but Gullwing knows how long it was offered for sale. That being said Gullwing has a bunch of Fcars for sale on Ebay and I am certain that it was not listed this past weekend when I did quick ebay scan. It is certainly possible that they did not create an Ebay listing, etc but given our Boxer group I would imagine that if the car was around for a while a post would have been created... like the one posted the other day.

Now... whether it was truly sold, traded, or removed from the market we just do not know.

Cheers,

Sam

17. 550Maranello

550Maranello Karting

Oct 2, 2011
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Greg
    For sale again. Someone probably jumped on this only to realize there is a good reason for the low price.

18. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

It looks really nasty.

19. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

You saw it or pics?

Now I really may have to go look. Not a place I would really go to get a car in the past. Some here say things are better, I'm a bit doubtful.

If I go I'll let you know.

20. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

So, I went to their place and for me it was now as it was then (back in 99 when I was looking for an XKE) - lots of cars packed into a warehouse. Most of them are condition 4 and 3 with a couple of 2s maybe. If you plan on making a puchase from them you have to go in person.

The Boxer is not there, it's on the way in and I doubt I would go back to look as I saw their 100ish other cars.

Just for perspective, they have several Dinos and the french Blue car has bubbles in the paint in several places, wrong steering wheel, areas of repaint, poor fitment of the doors and I looked at it for 20 seconds. A deal at 339K.

The Fiat Dino spyder which at first looked the nicest car there also had issues and I gave it 1 minute.

The blue 400 Countach is in CA., no silver 275GTB. Now if you want to acquire an early Maserati 3500 which needs a total restoration, you will probably get it from them in fairly sound condition and maybe they have some consignment cars on their site which are higher quality and not at the NY location, but I still would go look in person.