Boxer Pricing | FerrariChat

Boxer Pricing

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by stevenschuh, Mar 9, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stevenschuh

stevenschuh Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2008
    Gibson Island, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve Schuh
    It kills me to even think about it, but I may be selling my Boxer in the next year. I was wondering what the F-Chatters think about pricing these days. Mine is a national concours level 1983 512BBi -- it was the only injected Boxer invited into the concours at the recent Ferrari Mondiali. My sense is that pricing has pulled back from a year or two ago, but maybe with the country's new found optimism, prices are coming back up. How do you guys read the market?

2. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    280-340K.

3. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    I think there's a divide in the market today that didn't exist a few years ago and beyond. I think people will pay the money for a no excuses car, especially one that has accolades.

4. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    I know you're always following sales trends, have you seen any restored or platinum level cars sell? Or are they drivers with DOT lights and other issues?

5. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Thats why I am giving a range, a decent running with some questions car went for 280K, others went for less. Peak BBI car was 400K in 14, 340 would reperesnt 20-30% down on peak. Could one go for 360 yes, but I have seen a few claiming evrythimg advertised for that price and not selling.

Course one could get lucky and get 400k at an auction.

But we also saw a countach QV 14k miles described as timewarp not getting past 245K. Market is strange now and the speculator money is playing in the stock market again.

6. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Not that I am selling any time soon, but like what was said previously in this thread, it is hard to find a comp for a top concours car with provenance. Consequently, I would be curious what the general consensus on my car would be --- 82 BBi that was awarded Platinum at this years Cavallino (so 97 points or better), Classiche Certified, factory luggage, full Euro spec with exception of door beams, and 35k kms. with original Euro spec speedo. Car came to US on day one, so never spent time in Europe and has DOT / EPA papers and of course all books, manuals, original warranty card, tools, and records.