New RUF CTR | FerrariChat

New RUF CTR

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by 444sp, Mar 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
  2. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Hard not to be VERY interested in this machine ...

3. jb21

jb21 Karting

Apr 28, 2015
    anyone hear anything about what they are going to cost?

4. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
  5. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    If only Ferrari did the same with the F40... a modern interpretation with same look, manual gearbox, but modern , state of the art technology!!

6. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    You're right or with the 288 GTO, If only....but...

7. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
  8. RareAir23

RareAir23 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Good Lord, that thing is amazing!

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I love the original yellow bird. But this one, not so much. It looks like the wheel base is too long and the rear is too wide. Doesnt look right.
    I preferred when they came up with their original design with the CTR3.

10. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    WOW, I really want this car!!! It is really awesome to see a high HP, low weight analog production car being built in this day and age.

Rumor has it that Ruf has the Nurburgring record in their sights with this car...if so, this thing must handle like a dream.

I don't understand how Ruf can make any money on this model given they are only selling 30 cars. Surely the development costs for a car like this (developed from the ground up by Ruf) must be quite substantial. Did I mention that I really want this car?

11. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Ruf and Koenigsegg are the only two manufacturers I care about at Geneva every year. They always bring something special.

12. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
  13. lsmkr01

lsmkr01 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    VA
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    The 2017 CTR was the best car of the show in my eyes. A masterpiece and a car I actually want really bad in the way that I'm thinking of ways I can make it a reality. Did Alois say it would be limited? If the market is ther for 300 cars why would they not build them? The R&D was probably very expensive and if the end reslut is this amazing machine then why not cash in an possibly get Ruf into the limelight that is long over due. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!! The head light assembly alone is art along with those beautiful intakes that get rid of the worst part of the Porsche turbo cars. Clean and elegant is an understatement and we all know it will bring the goods in quality, engineering and performance.

14. lsmkr01

lsmkr01 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    VA
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Correct, the entire car is Ruf design including the carbon tub and Le Mans race spec suspension. The Ruf Ultimate was a test bed for this full Monte.

15. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    I think RUF will start making money after the first 10 cars are sold... This would cover their R & D...

I believe RUF is heading in the right direction, since there is a huge market that still loves the classic 911 lines and driving experience, combined with modern technology and speed..

In the recent years, the 911 has lost part of its character, as it has become took big and offers too much luxury to be considered a real 911... Only the motorsport derived models like the GT3 and GT2 offer the true 911 experience...

I believe that RUF should offer the retro look 911 models and at the same time develop some kind of supercar completely new like the CTR3.. I guess it's tough to spread their budget, but I think they can do it...

RUF basically does everything we would have wanted Porsche to make, but won't...
    It's like a Porsche special wish department !!

16. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    All RUF needs to do is re-create the CTR 2 as well, based on the 993 turbo look, which in my opinion is prettier (nicer curves) , more aerodynamic and more modern looking than the original CTR that was based on the 1980s 911 carrera...