FABSPEED MOTORSPORT | CARBON FIBER TRACK MATS | FerrariChat

FABSPEED MOTORSPORT | CARBON FIBER TRACK MATS

Discussion in '360/430' started by Fabspeed Motorsport, Mar 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    #1 Fabspeed Motorsport, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey all,

Wanted to get some opinions from the FChat community. I've been revisiting ideas/older products to revamp from various models (F355, 360, F430, etc) and really keep coming back to our Carbon Fiber Track Mats. I love this idea for the guys who aren't running floor mats in the car and want to add an extra aesthetic to the interior, or are using their F car as a dedicated track weapon.

Let me know what you guys think, looking to start getting these back into production asap!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    They look really cool, do they slide just like the originals? Estimated price?

3. ty423

ty423 Karting

Jun 9, 2015
    Socal OC
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I'm interested... what does the surface feel like and like the previous post how does it stick to the carpet? Does it hold up well to some abuse from shoes and such? Also I'm guessing these will have the ferrari tax...lol

4. HIO Silver

HIO Silver Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Alonso C.
    Those will shave off a good .0001 seconds off lap times!

5. JoeyBear

JoeyBear Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 31, 2016
    A forest near you
    Full Name:
    The JoeyBear
    Two thumbs WAY up!!

6. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    #6 360trev, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    I think these look great but I'd also be interested in a sort of checkplate tred pattern in the resin to stop them being slippy when wet, exactly like on the Scuderia mats.

Also a side lip to stop dirt getting under the side and making them look a bit nicer would be great, rather than just completely flat (again like on the F430 Scuderia mats). Also missing the heel pad for the driver.

Here's a pic of the scud ones remade in cf as inspiration (not for sale)...

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/142793748-post727.html

7. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    #7 Fabspeed Motorsport, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    You got it, they go right on like factory - mounting points and all.

Tony, right now the surface is the carbon fiber with a laminate over top. We are looking at some more options to protect from any constant in/out. If you guys have any opinions, I would love to hear them! They're starting at $495 for a set. A little less with the FChat discount :)

Haha, exactly!

Thanks Joey! :)

Much appreciated. I like the idea of having a resin-based tread so it doesn't take away from the carbon fiber. Side lip makes sense too, and should help with any potential fraying of the carbon weave around the edges over time. Thank you for the insight, Trev!

8. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    I have forwarded all the ideas I have received to my R&D department. Looking forward to bringing these back to the community and thanks again for all the feedback!