Engineless 250 GTE on eBay | FerrariChat

Engineless 250 GTE on eBay

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by olinde, Feb 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. olinde

olinde Karting

Mar 23, 2004
    #1 olinde, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    I apologise if this is a repost, I did a search but could not find a previous reference here. It seems impossible this hasn't been discussed somewhere here already, so moderator please delete if I have missed the boat:

1963 Ferrari Other GTE | eBay

2. 360modena2003

360modena2003 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2009
    Isn't this completely overpriced??

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

3. fly275

fly275 Karting

Dec 27, 2009
    Midwest USA
    this looks like a body with no chassis, no suspension, no correct brakes, wrong wheels, no correct gauges. impossible to restore correctly. this must be some ones left over parts from a replica build. this might make a great Rat Rod

4. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    Yes.

5. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    The huge factor in the value is whether it retains the original VIN. If it actually retained the VIN and had the original chassis underneath, then it would be worth quite a lot.

The listing seems to suggest that it doesn't have the original VIN, and the wheels seem to suggest it doesn't have the original chassis (or at least hubs), so the value would be quite low.

If it doesn't have the original chassis, somebody went through quite a bit of work to find a chassis with the correct wheelbase and that positioned the shifter in the proper location. They also filled the dash holes with something somewhat appropriate, so it seems like this car may have once been on the road, post donor, as a rebody of something else.

It's impossible to know the value without clarity on the chassis and VIN.

6. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Wow... apparently this thing sold. Wonder if the winning offer was around $20k (all it's worth IMO)