Best exhaust for the ff | FerrariChat

Best exhaust for the ff

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Woppum, Feb 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Woppum

Woppum Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    I always go novitec when it comes to Ferrari but for the FF the leadtime is very long and I just don't think I can wait. I have been offered a tubi for much less with cables and also and IpE. I am told that both are rubbish compared to the novitec and in fact Sound very similar to stock.

What upgrades have people made ? Be interested in views, thanks in advance!

2. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Have Capristo ... it's a mean lower growl, not a high scream like Fi or Novitec. You can get a custom job for the Novitec price. Yet some will insist it's better. Like their $600 spacers. Branding.

550nitis and andyrichter like this.
  3. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I had a chance to compare my stock FF with a Capristo on FFMACs car a while back

With valves open the Capristo was definitely deeper at low rpm and I preferred the sound. Didn't get to very high rpm but found it sounded much better whilst driving without being intrusive and with valves closed not far from stock sound.

4. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Capristo!

5. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Maybe true for all of them with X pipe ... feels like more lower RPM torque. Drove two FFs back to back to back, stock vs Capristo.

6. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    One of the members here ttforcfed has the Novitec on his car and I've heard it and its fantastic. Id like him to comment more on the specifics but if I had an FF, and I wanted to change the exhaust, Id wait for the Novitec based on what Ive heard.

7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yes its insane. literally have had people say its the best sounding car theyve ever heard. and its a rather experienced audience. the sound sends shivers all over.

8. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    I have paired a handful of the FF's with the Novitec setup, sound is absolutely incredible. I will see if I have any clips handy - I noticed Novitec carried a much higher note over Capristo setup. Both built great, just personal preference at that point.

9. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    Novitec sounds the best but it's so expensive in my eyes. Hoping prices come down sometime and then I would get one for sure. I'm on a budget when getting an exhaust... but you get what you pay for in life.

10. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I don't see prices coming down, seems like everything they do is double others.

Novitec has a great scream. The Fi is a cheaper product with the same kind of scream. New Lusso is more like the Capristo ... deeper and a high tone that has a growl, not a scream.

11. Philman

Philman Rookie

Jan 25, 2017
    Hong Kong
    I have been searching for an FF here in Hong Kong. Zeroing in on one that has the Novitec system. I had the "privilege" to listen to it and one word "Orgasmic". I would definitely suggest Novitec to anyone who has an FF. You won't regret it.

12. boostorbust

boostorbust Karting

Jan 27, 2013
    Got a Capristo with Novitec catless downpipes

It screams and is very high pitch but smells badly

If I had to do it again, I would do Novitec with high flow catted downpipes

13. asphaltca

asphaltca Karting

Nov 3, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    I installed the valve controller I took out of my 430 and it made a hell of a difference on the FF. I later put on Capristo's with the cross pipe and it is louder but at over $5000- not that much of a difference for the money IMHO.
    The Capristo exhaust system came with a controller with two remotes. I never took it out of the package so if someone wants to change the sound by remote, $400 bucks will do it.

14. 996TTurbo

996TTurbo Formula 3

Apr 9, 2006
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I wonder if there are diff exhausts out on the ff throughout the years..

My ff with valve unplugged (basically remote open all the time) is loud... and I Ken/owned loud modified cars

It was higher pitch and louder than a 15 f12 I had for a while and no one believed it until I rev'd side by side for a few people

For me no need to change, but maybe they've modified it to be quieter over the years

15. FFMAC

FFMAC Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mac
    I had the capristo system plus x-pipe on my '12 FF. When I bought my '15 FF, I took the capristo with me. Sounded identical. He x-pipe does alter the sound to make it more of a F1 scream at high revs. I used mine with the valves closed 99% of the time. Opening the valves I found caused a low rev drone which I didn't like.

16. contadino

contadino Karting

Oct 18, 2016
    ITALY
    Ciao Mac,
    You have drone with X pipes? strange, did you ask to the manufacturer why there is?
    You have all aftermarket system or only X pipes?
    Thanks
    Mario

17. FFMAC

FFMAC Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mac
    Only at low revs with the valves open. I have the exhaust as well as the x-pipe. Drone is normal I think. It's certainly less pronounced with the x-pipes as I tried the system with and without. Would still thoroughly recommend it. Sounds so much better than standard!

18. Woppum

Woppum Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    Thanks chaps ordered the novitec

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Are you getting the novitec ecu? If so you can have the settings tailored. I have sport set so the valves are always open.

21. boostorbust

boostorbust Karting

Jan 27, 2013
    Curious, who did your order it from?

22. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013

All NR ECU upgrades have valves always open in sport on FF and Race on F12 even if you have a capristo remote, you still can't override it....I spoke with Dirk about this at length

23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Not when I ordered mine. Sport was the same as from the factory, throttle induced

24. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Noted - you've had yours longer than any of us so they must have tweaked it since

25. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I went back and asked them if they cld set the valves closed for startup in the rain setting so I wldnt wake my house in the morning. They said it's not possible. Sucks