2008 Orange Porsche GT3RS | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2008 Orange Porsche GT3RS

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by ByeEnzo, Nov 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. montegoblue

montegoblue Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    East TN
    Love your GT4 in the Gulf colors, wish I had room in the garage for your GT3RS , orange for us Tennessee fans is a special color :)

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Congrats on the confirmation.

Some of my specialty vendors can demand 50% up front.
    Be comforted I suppose that at least Ford is not "going anywhere" with your $$$.

3. TnJed

TnJed Karting

Apr 20, 2015
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Eric Griffin
    Good news!

Two allocations I know of, have not heard anything yet.

Did you find out any MSRP info?

4. AZSpider

AZSpider Karting

Oct 8, 2004
    San Diego CA
    I think you should hold on to the Porsche. Just because I am a nice guy, I will relieve you from the burden of worrying about the Ford GT order by taking that spot for you. :) GLWS and bump for a lucky guy.

5. ByeEnzo

ByeEnzo Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2008
    Tejas
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo Bandini
    The 08 RS is rated at 415 hp but the Mezger engine is basically a race motor. It howls and pulls strong up to redline which is near 8k. The sound is almost as much fun as a Carrera GT. Clutch is heavier than GT4 and gearshift a bit notchy. I have not tracked the RS but I suspect being rear engined there would be some learning curve to prevent oversteer.

The GT4 is well balanced but lacks a bit of umph midrange in the RPMs. You have to get above 5k rpms to wake it up. It has 385 hp rated with a slightly detuned Carrera S motor. Fun to drive, shifts very smoothly with autoblip in sport mode. Makes for fun downshifts.

6. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Couldn't agree more! The GT4 is super well balanced - but doesn't wake up until 5k+ unless you throw a set of headers on the car. The auto rev matching took some getting use to at first, haha.

7. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Thanks.

8. jvmax

jvmax Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    John

$450k is the base msrp with options well over $500k. I know someone who has an allocation

9. ByeEnzo

ByeEnzo Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2008
    Tejas
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo Bandini
    Bumpity bump...Springtime is around the corner!

10. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    very nice

11. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    Nice car. I would love to jump from .1 GT3 to a .1 GT3 RS.... But too big of a jump right now.

GLWS.

12. WillF

WillF Karting

Dec 2, 2016
    Bay Area, California
    Full Name:
    Will
    WOW this thing is such a tank. That price is almost too good, someone jump on this! I love the pumpkin

13. ferrarisun

ferrarisun Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2011
    Hopefully you will get "locked in" at the 450-500 range on the Ford GT. Know of several people that said the price keeps getting increased, and a couple of people, way up the ladder, that were supposed to get GT's and now they are not so sure, that they are still in line to get one. Did I read somewhere that Ford is now going to extend production of the new Ford GT, to 3 years?

14. Sushimon355

Sushimon355 Formula Junior

May 27, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Wade
    Were you in Highland Park Village last night? Swear I saw a car that looks identical. Beautiful by the way...

15. ByeEnzo

ByeEnzo Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2008
    Tejas
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo Bandini
    3 years ('17 to '19, 750 cars) confirmed. Application process will open up again in 2018 for last 250 cars built in 2020. Total of 1000 cars over 4 years.

16. ByeEnzo

ByeEnzo Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2008
    Tejas
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo Bandini
    I had a DME downloaded on the GT3RS yesterday. 16400 miles, 460 hrs on motor (that equals avg speed of 36 mph), 0 overrevs in any range (0-6). Clean DME.

17. ByeEnzo

ByeEnzo Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2008
    Tejas
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo Bandini