Ward Burton #22 Caterpillar NASCAR Stock Car | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ward Burton #22 Caterpillar NASCAR Stock Car

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Racersdrive, Jan 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    Hi Scott: Relatively inexpensive to run as most parts are available off the shelf and for a lot less money I imagine than running an F3 race car. The NASCAR Cup Cars are very durable and with that big roll cage are safe as well. Mike C.

2. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    #28 Racersdrive, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Bo. This is a road race car squared up and set up to run anywhere. Last time this car was on the track was at Buttonwillow in June at a test day. I've run a number of historic NASCAR stock cars at tracks around the country the last 15 years including Laguna Seca, Sonoma, San Jose GP, Road Atlanta, COTA, Portland, Thunderhill, Miller, Phoenix, Watkins Glen, Lime Rock, etc and they are always appreciated and welcome This would be an affordable track day, vintage or historic race car. Ive included a pic of my #7 Alan Kulwicki Hooters Thunderbird plunging through the corkscrew at LS as an example. It will be auctioned off at Russo & Steele in Scottsdale in a couple of weeks. Mike Cesario
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    Thumbs up JJMCD.

4. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    If your not interested then why don't you move on? What is the point of trying to degrade the car? Why do you care unless you plan or buying it. You the Seller Classified Police?

5. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    Thanks for the support Robbie. I didn't restore the car myself nor do I claim to have all the answers or be a tech official but I couldn't believe the stink threepedal made about a coolant overflow tank and upper brakes hoses. And then the guy sends me nasty and insulting private messages about how much he knows and his experience relative to mine. He needs to be removed from this site which he only joined this past December.

I've worked with the Nascar team (Jack Sellers Racing) who restored this Ward Burton/Bill Davis Racing #22 Caterpillar Pontiac Grand Prix stock car. They are professional racers who I know and trust and they know what they are doing. In addition I was testing myself at Buttonwillow when they ran the car during a test day this past summer after restoring it in 2015 and early 2016. It's a fast, really nicely restored road-race Nascar stock car that I'm going to find an appreciative owner and a good home. Thank you again. Regards, Mike Cesario, Racers Drive Motorsports, Campbell, CA

6. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    That depends on the neighborhood......;)

7. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    ����

8. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    ���� Jack.

9. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    Sorry Jack. Tried to post a smiley face with Sunglasses and a checkered flag after your comment but it didn't post that way. Mike C.

10. threepedal

threepedal Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 26, 2016
    By Apple's Spaceship
    Full Name:
    Mark Joey
    #36 threepedal, Jan 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    Since I'm being constantly defamed by the seller & sticky, I felt it only fair to support my observations...

"1"...The moderator found my Observations Accurate, Pertinent & comments well within the guidelines set forth here on FerrariChat.

"2"...The seller points out & makes an issue over my recent involvement on FC & limited number of posts. Point in fact, the seller has been on FC for over 3-1/2 years with LESS than "1" post per month, extremely limited involvement & the vast majority of his posts being him SELLING & on this thread.

"3"...The seller claimed this race car was & I quote "Race Ready"...it is NOT!
    Just look at 1 example being the image/photo the seller posted showing the fuel cell system consisting of a short filler hose capped with a aluminum plug that is hose clamped on.

This NASCAR car was claimed to be "restored" & "race ready"...Question...WHAT NASCAR car uses a fuel cell filler configuration that REQUIRES the trunk to be unfastened & opened, then a hose clamp to be UNSCREWED & a plug to be removed in order for the fuel cell/tank to be refueled & THEN the plug installed & the hose clamp attached & re-tightened the trunk then closed & refastened???!!!

The unequivocal answer being NONE!!!

Must make for some real quick fuel pit stops

Don't falsely claim that your NASCAR car is "Race Ready" & "Restored" when it is not!!!

I'll forfeit my membership & involvement in FC if the seller can PROVE that this car for sale will PASS a NASCAR safety inspection for sanctioned race events.

Link to NASCAR fuel systems rules/requirements...

NASCAR graphic

I'm SURE the seller will NOT make the same arrangement/agreement.

Why are some members so adverse to myself holding this seller accountable for his description & portrayal of his car for sale?!

Is the truth held in such disregard & disdain as to find it worthy of ridicule to it's opponents here on FerraiChat???!!!... if it is...then surely I'll find the exit door of my own accord!

11. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    #37 Racersdrive, Jan 9, 2017
    Heres a picture of my partner in this car, Neal Lazzarino, owner of Outlaw Performance which has been in business in Campbell, CA for over 30 years.

12. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    This is a vintage/historic NASCAR stock car. No one ever said it was legal for current competition. We don't do pit stops in vintage racing.

Mike Cesario

13. threepedal

threepedal Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 26, 2016
    By Apple's Spaceship
    Full Name:
    Mark Joey
    #39 threepedal, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    This is your claim & I quote......"Restored in 2016 by a professional West Coast based Nascar Race Team, Jack Sellers Racing, this is a fully-set up road race stock car and boasts a dyno and track tested. Hutchinson 700+ HP period correct NASCAR small-block power plant".

Definition of "Restore"...

re·store
    rəˈstôr/
    verb

........repair or renovate (a building, work of art, vehicle, etc.) so as to return it to its original condition.
    "the building has been lovingly restored"

This "Restored" for sale NASCAR as you claim, would/should have been "restored" to the NASCAR specifications & systems mandated by NASCAR rules during the time period it raced!

When this NASCAR raced it did NOT race with the current fuel filler system configuration & various other incorrect systems!

Therefore it is NOT restored!

The way a car is represented has meaning & justifiable consequences..as this thread so quintessentially demonstrates...489 pages worth & going...

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/vintage-thru-365-gtc4-sponsored-vintage-driving-machines/423520-one-only-0846-debate-thread-489.html

I know when the horse is being whipped to death...I'll retire my whip as it's meaningless to present the FACTS before you as seemingly you steadfastly chose to either refute or ignore them or both.

14. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    Really, sending the seller private messages, and pushing the restored issue,
    what no life dude ? Just joined, not subscribed, and has made this his crusade.

On the restored part, he never said it was restored to 100% show winning level,
    millions are spent on cars that are "restored" and do not get a 100% perfect
    score at a concours ........

Instead of just simply pointing out some accurate deviations, such as :
    "Nice car, but I would like to point out that such and such is not completed,
    and would recommend that be done before track time, etc. " you took
    the low road.

Lastly, on the posting of Caveat emptor in a for sale ad, that apparently
    was condoned by the admins, I want to see what happens when I post
    "Caveat Emptor" in every for sale thread, this would be ok right ?

15. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    #41 Racersdrive, Jan 15, 2017
    As I head to Scottsdale for auction week the #22 Ward Burton Caterpillar Vintage NASCAR Pontiac Grand Prix is still available. Asking price is $35k and I am open to reasonable offers.

16. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    Price reduced to $25,000. Need to make room for new arrivals. Contact mike at 408-220-3167 for details.

17. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    What a cracking deal, a piece of this kind of history for $25K. A bargain. Wish I lived in USA
    Incidentally I don't think pointing out what is wrong with it is wrong, could have been said a bit more diplomatically, but not wrong. Mods were correct to allow it.

18. Detour_racing

Detour_racing Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    What an unbelievable deal! Wish I had more room...

19. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    #45 Racersdrive, Feb 2, 2017
  20. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Wow...at another time in my life, this would be irresistible!
    Glwts

21. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    #47 Racersdrive, Feb 12, 2017
    Here are the dyno sheets of the Hutchinson engine with a 650 CFM carb used instead of the normal 850 HP. The only time on this engine is dyno time and a partial day testing at Buttonwillow.

Call Mike @ 408-220-3167 if you'd like to discuss this very nicely restored and setup historic NASCAR stock car.

Thank you.

Mike Cesario
    Racers Drive
    Campbell, CA

22. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    If I still lived near race tracks like I did in Florida I would buy this in a minute - brings back great memories of Daytona - he was my wife's favorite driver - I loved to hear him talk - you couldn't understand a word - love it but it will not work in Western NC

23. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario