'Official' F12M Rumours and Launch | Page 71 | FerrariChat

'Official' F12M Rumours and Launch

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Traveller, Oct 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AutobahnAndTrack

AutobahnAndTrack Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2014
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stefan G
    we are entering an era of ridiculous performance of street legal cars or even daily drivers.

the cars performance is way easier to explore than in the 80s. BUT the limits are so fast, that it is just a matter of time, that customers will get killed in these cars more often.

The Huracán Performante is playing with active aero vectoring. Even experienced amateur racers will have difficulties to explore that without added risk.

Ferrari on the other hand is doing a fantastic job of adding emotionns and not only performance to the car and the whole brand experience. ssc 5.0 is a good example. way to go.

2. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Precisely - wonder if Mac will make a front engine soon. Its hard to stretch the brand with just mid eg 911/Cayman etc.

3. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    It's tuned for the street and yes can actually corner! There is less sensation of speed in the GTR, even so it will demolish any car you can think of on the street (not track).

But she doesn't sing to me and whisper sweet words when I want her to, like the F12 does.

4. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Like we spoke about before, our human limits are reached so much sooner then our cars.

Then what do have left? Indeed, the experience; emotion.

5. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Actually, we as consumers should rejoyce as competition breeds innovation and we're the one's profitting the most!

6. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thank you for the information and I swear that next time I'm on my Ferrari and I see a Nissan side by side on a traffic light I'll think twice…….

7. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    An F12 easy beats a stock GTR. Tuned one will smoke an F12 up to about 180mph

8. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Didn't take too close a look. Nothing dramatic or different if I recall.

9. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    How would you rate the M versus the B?

10. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    And, as per my earlier post, the tdf

11. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Thank you

I hope to see some pics of the car very soon, maybe from official release by Ferrari

12. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Looks wise I assume.

Interior - M
    Nose - M
    Side lines - toss up
    Wheels - M
    Rear - B

13. dud

dud Karting

Apr 30, 2016
    Boston
    I can't see them making both a new chassis and a new engine. If they don't do both it will be hard to complete with the F12.

If it is one or the other, let's see.

If they make a new chassis they could go after the Panamera, specially if they throw in hybrid technology like the upcoming super-panamera is supposed to have. The body would have space for batteries. A turbo v8 would be already accepted by the customers in that range. Problem is that I don't see large car bodies made as a carbon fiber one-piece. Or if they do they could pioneer that.

Making a v12, maybe they go like they did before with AMG and do like Pagani, which is buy a v12 from Mercedes. Or take the existing v8 and tug on a couple of cylinders. Can't see that happening, obviously they are more likely to develop their drivetrain to do more hybrid in cheaper cars than a new combustion engine. A pure mid-engine v12 with no hybrid is something Ferrari does not have and it could deliver an additional blow to Ferrari in the pure sports cars sector.

Doing neither leaves them with no-storage 2-seaters and bring down the price for hypercar-like hybrids. That isn't very attractive as far as customer base is concerned, and the NSX will probably cut down profit margins in that space.

So they will bite one of the sour apples. My view is that using as much of the existing partnership framework around CF chassis, engine and transmission to go after new customers with a 2+2 seater, possible 3 doors is most promising.

14. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thanks Challenge64. More ammunition for our imaginations! Wow, 800 HP + V12 engine = awesome!

15. Thelovelyrock18

Thelovelyrock18 Karting

Feb 15, 2016
    So the interior as same as the GtC4 LUSSO or anything special than that?

16. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I don't think that's the case. I understand, but Challenge will know better, that it is the F12 interior tweaked but with better passenger info panel a la Lusso.

17. Thelovelyrock18

Thelovelyrock18 Karting

Feb 15, 2016
    Ok, what about the central touch screen? Like the one in GTC4? I think he didn't even mention the new car has this or not. Anyway, I believe it should be good

18. Thelovelyrock18

Thelovelyrock18 Karting

Feb 15, 2016
    By the way, do you know what triple injection is? I'm not quite following it, is it something new or just another name of GDI?

19. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Can you describe the wheels? Maybe add some tyre info?

20. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    No central screen.

21. Thelovelyrock18

Thelovelyrock18 Karting

Feb 15, 2016
    Ok, thanks for telling me that :)

22. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Correct. No center screen. Larger passenger display and minus one circulat central air vent. Oddly filled in with black mesh between 2 remaining vents.

Was going to look at tires and write down size but forgot.

23. Thelovelyrock18

Thelovelyrock18 Karting

Feb 15, 2016
    So the dashboard remains the same as F12? Or upgrade digital cluster, like the one in laferrari?

24. XP1LM

XP1LM Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Truong
    Wow looks exactly like Ingenere's sketch.

25. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    #1775 ingegnere, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    Thank you for the pic and the kind acknowledgement!

So, my design with the backward sweep on the vent behind front fender was correct, but despite comments to the contrary by some supposedly in know, that graphic is showing some kind of flying buttress versus a more subtle inlet/outlet as drawn by me - is that right?