Thank You's for a Successful Cavallino! | FerrariChat

Thank You's for a Successful Cavallino!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by gbutler, Jan 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    #1 gbutler, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I wanted to thank several people / businesses for helping my BBi, SN 44213, achieve platinum at this years Cavallino. It has certainly been a long journey, made even more difficult having to achieve 97 points now. Nevertheless, it would have been impossible without the assistance of Automotive International and Sean Smith. Sean truly has a passion for these old cars and has that intellectual curiosity required when trying to get these cars back to as close to original as possible. Also, Paul Newman helped answer some of those detail questions that we all occasionally have, such as what is the correct finish on the front hood latches. And T Rutlands for letting me comb thru their hose clamp box to locate those last missing SERFLEX clamps for my engine bay. And last but not least, my fantastic detailer, Dave Eller who could not accompany us down to Cavallino this year due to undergoing radiation treatment for throat cancer. Nevertheless, he still managed to oversee and help out David Strum and a group of detailers prepare both my BBi and a friends flying mirror TR, which also took a platinum AND a major award for best preserved modern Ferrari (up to 1987). We are already planning for next year and can't wait to get started on my 246 GTS!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Congratulations on your excellent result. The car is gorgeous.

3. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Congrats Glenn thats awesome and Im glad to have helped even a little!

4. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    What a success, congrats !

5. pnorell

pnorell Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 24, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Congrats. Very difficult to achieve Platinum status.

6. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thats great, do you have some more pics you can post of your car at the show as well as others? Would love to see your a pic of your engine bay...

7. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Congratulations, beautiful car!

8. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Congratulations Glenn! Your BBi looked absolutely spectacular, and deserved its well-earned Platino.

9. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Congrats! And that is with the new scoring no less making it more difficult!

10. wjishi

wjishi Rookie

Nov 29, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    #10 wjishi, Jan 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I would also like to thank the same people too especially my friends Sean Smith at automotive international and Glenn Butler for their expertise, knowledge, advice and guidance thru this ... with their help I was able to win a platinum and the Classic preservation award which was a very special major award. It was a wonderful experience.

I also want to thank Dave Eller for his passion and despite his health issues he insisted to take care of these cars and bring them to the biggest stage.

11. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thanks for the extra pics both cars look great...

12. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Congratulations Wael.

We won the same award at an FCA National Meet with ours. The preservation award is a real honor.

13. SEAN@TEAM AI

SEAN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Sep 22, 2006
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Sean Smith
    #14 SEAN@TEAM AI, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    Glenn
    It has been a pleasure and dare I say fun. Moving up the curve on the details on the BBi certainly was made easier teaming up with you on this car. And the whole time we drove the car often, many owners probably cant say. That car is very well sorted. Lets move on to that Dino.

Wael
    You bought an excellent beautifully persevered car. Glad i could help with some of the smaller details. I want to see Brian's notes from Cavallino so we can make it even better.

14. simchanova

simchanova Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    Congrats!!, outstanding car ..l own a 1984 white bbi..I judged the 308/328 class this year...

15. wjishi

wjishi Rookie

Nov 29, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Thank you Brian.. it is an honor for sure. Would love to see your car if you would like to share some pics?

I agree with you Sean, I would love to see Brian's notes too, we have a good example and won't hurt to make it perfect ;)