MAcarbon Products | FerrariChat

MAcarbon Products

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by gacab, Jan 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gacab

gacab Rookie

Jun 23, 2015
    Edmonton Canada
    Full Name:
    Gary Cole
    Has anyone purchased CF products from MAcarbon? I am looking at the paddle shifters for a F12. $4k less then the Ferrari part.

2. Tupps11

Tupps11 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2009
  3. imcarnuts

imcarnuts Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2011
    Steeler Country
    Full Name:
    Duffy
    Yes - many pieces but for Porsches. Great quality and wonderful people to work with.

4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I've never bought but I have heard positive things. The thing to be certain about is that the carbon weave matches the OEM in your car- unless this would be the only CF in the interior.

5. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    #7 Carbonio, Jan 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thank you for the positive recommendations guys. Just a few items of note on our paddles:

- YES they are a PERFECT match in weave to any factory carbon fiber on your Ferrari. We spec all of our materials to the exact specification as Ferrari which ensures a perfect match with no compromise on quality.

- If you are wondering 'how is is possible that Ferrari charges $4K more?' we can assure you that there are no quality differences in the product but that we pack ours in white cardboard boxes rather than the yellow Ferrari uses. It has been our experience that the yellow ink used by Ferrari is either made of pure gold or they just charge an exorbitant premium because they can :)

- Our paddles are longer than any of the others available in the market and are of almost identical dimension to those fitted on the TDF. Because the paddles do not move with the steering wheel, the extended length grants a great deal more access to shifting regardless of your hand or steering wheel position. The added length does not in any way interfere with your legs or the operation of the car.

- This is NOT a modification for track use only. In fact most of our customers use these exclusively for road use and rave about the added comfort they offer. These items have been universally loved and it transforms the driving experience; truly a MUST HAVE for any F1/ Dual Clutch equipped Ferrari owner.

More info and online ordering available at:

Carbonio Performance - Ferrari F12 Challenge Shift Paddles

To the original poster: We have distribution out of Canada and can ship direct to you without customs considerations :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. johnb@macarbon

johnb@macarbon Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    John Borchelt
    #8 johnb@macarbon, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I don't like to respond to threads asking about us as I feel its a bit self serving. But since everyone is piling on with other vendor's products.... I guess we better say something!

We do nice paddles for the F12. Ours are extended by an inch and a half. We feel this gives a useful amount of extra length without getting to be too large and in the way of everything. The third photo shows a OEM set laid on top of our paddles.

Our paddles are made by us. We mold the carbon and then apply multiple layers of clear coat. We do not use any airbrushing (to cover flaws) or anything to obstruct the view of the carbon.

As of today we have a set in stock. Feel free to give us a call at the shop and we can discuss it further.

Just another note, we can source for you (from the original manufacturer) the engine bay and exterior parts linked to in some of the other posts. Best to get those parts form a company that knows carbon finishes and can make them look as good as possible.

7. gacab

gacab Rookie

Jun 23, 2015
    Edmonton Canada
    Full Name:
    Gary Cole
    Thanks John, I will be in touch.

8. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Excellent products and service too.!!

9. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Not sure why anyone does lettering on these. Just skip it or offer a no lettering option at least. Much cooler without.

Further, the Carbonio lettering is not parallel to the earth, more to the curve. Looks bad IMO.

The size of he MACarbon I might prefer for the FF. Not such a huge moon.

I still feel like if these if these were $700 they would sell better.

10. Tupps11

Tupps11 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2009
    I personally like the angle on the Carbonio lettering cause (although slanted) it's not diagonal against the width of the paddle. I also like how much bigger the paddles are. My old Novitec ones on the Scuderia were similar in size.

MACARBON ones lettering does look more level with the earth, but the shape of the paddle is also slightly different. In both cases, i would still prefer to have lettering than not. And both solutions need to place the lettering slightly higher so its not hidden behind the 3 & 9 o'clock bridges of the steering wheel.

At the end of the day, they are similarly priced and it comes down to taste. I do agree though that they need to bring the price down. Carbon is very overpriced in the automotive industry.

11. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Just to address a few issues raised in this post:

- It has been our experience that the longer length of the paddles in the lower section turns out to be the area that gets used the most and offers the greatest increase in convenience and comfort when driving. The following video we produced (shot on a Ferrari 360 but the point is made) will show some of the convenience the longer paddles offer:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwXQA6EkKuc[/ame]

- The paddles can be special ordered without lettering and our current text is in the same position as stock. I can assure you that from the drivers seat their position and angle look right.

- Price is very much a subjective thing as to what something is worth to someone. In the aftermarket world of automotive carbon fiber (and particularly for a very limited market like the Ferrari world) you need to do development and tooling for a relatively tiny product life cycle and then the parts themselves are VERY labor intensive to produce. This is where all of the cost comes from as these items are not popped off of an injection molding machine by the thousands. The hand work for every set goes into many hours allied to the specialized infrastructure that supports the product both pre and post sale creates the price point you see.

Ferrari charges (and gets mind you) exorbitant prices for these parts so it always surprises me a bit when companies like ourselves and MAcarbon have their pricing questioned given our quality and service relative to the factory option. In our case we have OEM supply experience and it is shocking the mark up the factory is able to apply to some of its products especially when you consider how many more parts they are able to sell than we are because of the consumer confidence that comes from the 'OEM' endorsement.

12. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    I had them refinish the carbon in the engine compartment of my Scud and they did a great job!

13. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    I'm fortunate enough to live close to MA Carbon, so I've been able to visit them a number of times for multiple exotic car bits. Every time I'm there it's like visiting with family friends. There's always a piece or two more that I wind up wanting to put on a car, so it's a little dangerous going there, lol.

Bottom line is great service, people and products.

14. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    A couple recent examples of pieces I had added are:

Center tunnel carbon pieces for 12C and 650S including carbon colored start button surrounds, replacement LED steering wheel strip for Scud, carbon door sill replacement for GT3RS.

15. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I agree the lower end of the paddles makes the most sense for shifting while cornering, which is never recommended, but always done! It just looks a little odd :)

Price is your call of course, no disrespect, I just think you'd move more of them at 750 to offset the costs. Something that everyone would do and not think about.

Carbon from the factory is nuts. luckily I don't like too much of it.

16. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    So all those comments and you're not even a potential customer? Why waste their time??

17. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Why make your post? I am a customer. They are enjoying the dialog, you're way off.

18. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    Irony.

19. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Adding to the topical discussion, or posting an opinion on the products, would be ironic at this point.

20. gds7368

gds7368 Rookie

May 28, 2015
    Columbus, Ohio
    I purchased an entire interior carbon suite of products for my 2011 R8 (it's a shame that the stock center tunnel was cheap plastic), and more recently did an entire interior and exterior (except I had them leave the door handles stock) carbon package for my 2012 458. The engine bay looks particularly nice, and I love the extended length of the carbon paddle shifters. Made the Ferrari carbon shifters feel small when I test drove an F12. Their quality is excellent. Highly recommended.