Ferrari Pics, But Not Necessarily 365/400/412 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Pics, But Not Necessarily 365/400/412

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by OttoB, Feb 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    #26 OttoB, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Cavallino is around the corner once more (literally, for me) next month, although for years I instead opted for the 24 Hours of Daytona. This past year was my first one attending, and below are pics of the private party launching the event on the Thursday evening where to get in, you have to donate one kidney and then agree to donate the other one a few years down the road - or something like that... Don't ask me how I got a ticket, but out of the 100's of other attendees, I could not imagine how everyone else got one since they are not for sale... Oh well - its always all about the cars and I apologize for the quality of my cell phone pics in advance!

However, I do have dozens of really tasty ones for the main event at The Breakers from that Saturday that will follow...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    #27 OttoB, Jan 9, 2017
    Last year at Cavallino weekend that takes place at The Breakers hotel on Saturday, and Mar-a-Lago on Sunday (open to other marques besides Ferrari), it was my very first time attending... I was dealing with a move, my son that weekend, and the 24 Hours of Daytona was the preceding week, which I normally would otherwise attend.

It is coming up again at the end of this month, but still not 100% in. The asking price at the door is exactly just that - so steep so as to keep the common folks out. It does not include food, beverage or even a decal, just your ability to peruse these marvelous cars... I live 5 minutes away and frequent The Breakers for drinks - I will figure it out then and likely to attend the Friday track event at Palm Beach International Raceway. Either way, enjoy the pics from the 2016 event taken by yours truly with my iPhone!

3. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    #30 OttoB, Jan 9, 2017
  4. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    WOW!! Thanx for sharing Otto.

5. Temerian

Temerian Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2014
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Rick Temerian
    Great work Otto! That SuperAmerica looked unbelievable! Was it Argento Fumo?

6. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    I was fortunate enough to be introduced to BR and had an occasion to chat. What a nice and funny guy, so unlike the showboating egotists that get all the press today.

While standing at the pit wall with him at Road America as Matt Drendel coaxed his 917-30 around the course with a friend aboard (hanging on for dear life) during a demonstration run after the historic races. I asked BR if he'd like to drive it. "Not like that" was his dry reply. I love the Brit's sense of humor.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoZNMVklkiAapX5IfqcHMtfmlVZuq_XQFicogbYeYxKASEJNv3kznAPLE

7. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    #34 OttoB, Jan 11, 2017
    Rick, none of the cars had any info made available to those attending and I did not purchase a program. Perhaps someone else who attended can verify? Its one of the few cars I took more than 2 pics of, out of the sheer scarcity of seeing them around - certainly interesting to look at and has quite a presence in real life.

8. Temerian

Temerian Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2014
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Rick Temerian
    My dream car....Thanks for more pics Otto!

9. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Oh man, fantastic!
    Two of my favourites: the 206 Dino, followed by the Alfa OT.
    Wow! Thanks for sharing.

10. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    #37 OttoB, Feb 7, 2017
    I didn't manage to go to this year's Cavallino, but luckily, there's always a next time! If anyone did go, by all means this would be an ideal thread to share pics of any cars taken to the event.

Nonetheless, I consider myself incredibly fortunate to live in SoFla where many car events are held throughout the year. The pics below show Brian Redman's Targa66 event held at Palm Beach International Raceway and this year, its taking place next weekend. Here is the link to the website:

Brian Redman Book. Daring Drivers Deadly Tracks

It was cool to have seen Denis Gauge there last year from the show My Classic Car - I couldn't believe it took almost a year (just last month) for that episode to have aired. Alas, his coverage of the event did not do justice to the caliber of machinery present. Enjoy the pics and yes, I will be there again this year!

11. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    As indicated above, Auctions America swings into Ft. Lauderdale every spring. For those of you familiar with the "What's My Car Worth?" show on Velocity, you will agree with me that they shoot quite a bit of feature cars from this particular auction. For me, its simply amazing to go on Fridays where I can check every nook and cranny of all the cars there - very impressive offerings (not just Ferrari). Hope you enjoy these pics from last year's event.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Having a busy schedule, sometimes things get in the way that keeps some of us from getting to cross off the to-do's from our lists... However, we eventually get around to it. Here are Ferrari pics from Barrett Jackson in West Palm Beach from some time back and, if memory serves me correctly, I attended with Gary (Part Time). Not sure what the cars ended up selling for, but that 330 GTC has been to several auctions throughout the country a number of times - still nice to look at. I have more pics of it that I will be sharing later.

Image Unavailable, Please Login There are pics also of the twin turbo 400i discussed here previously and I was surprised that based on the amounts supposedly spent on the mechanical end to make it a super 400i, that the cosmetics and aesthetics of the car were not looked after in the same regard... And, who cannot resist checking out a McBurnie Miami Vice Daytona Replica?

Attached Files:

13. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    I will post additional pics of other cars from the Larry Wilson Collection - but the ones here are Ferrari-related from when he opened the doors to his man cave for the SoFla. PCA Chapter. Two of the hand formed aluminum cars are based on 400i chassis, hence why they sell off parts from those donors... To attempt to describe his massive collection as impressive is simply not enough. I was at the racetrack this past weekend and Mr. Wilson, who houses the collection less than 5 minutes away from PBIR, had the least assuming trailer of the bunch and racing his 4 cyl. Ford-powered race car (white and yellow) included below.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

14. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    I have the fortune of living in car crazy, car culture South Florida - which means, there are tons of cool events taking place on a regular basis which showcase different types of vehicles for every person's tastes and preferences.

The pics below were taken in Bal Harbor and although the amount of cars was not in high number, the quality was superb!

Attached Files:

eyeman1234 likes this.
  15. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL

Attached Files:

eyeman1234 likes this.
  16. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
  17. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
  18. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    We are all car guys... but I don't want to cause any waves or apprehension when I post cars that aren't Ferrari in this thread. The F-cars are usually a small percentage of any car gathering, but I take pics of all cool rides and glad others enjoy those cars also!

Attached Files:

Il Tifoso likes this.
  19. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Otto I think you'll find that the bulk of us here DID NOT start their enthusiast driving history ............with a prancing horse parked in the shed!!

20. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    #48 OttoB, Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    So... growing up with an appreciation for old race car machinery, I tend to go in November and/or December to the Historics held every year in Daytona and then a couple of weeks later, in Sebring. Its fun to see cars getting flogged like they were meant to, and enjoy being a spectator as much as the owners enjoy racing them!

Anyhow, this particular car is up there in my book, hence the many pics from a couple of years back at the grid in Sebring. The other Ferrari in the pics, in my opinion, perhaps embodies its more contemporary counterpart and equally as brutal but elegant!

Attached Files:

Il Tifoso likes this.
  21. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    This blue number also captured my attention (in Daytona) a couple of weeks before, since it was incredibly impressive in person...

Il Tifoso likes this.
  22. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    I happen to live in Florida, which means that I am fortunate enough to be surrounded by car-related events on an almost monthly basis. With Mecum Kissimmee auctions coming up in 2 weeks, which happens to be the world's largest collector car auction with up to 3,000 cars, it is definitely worth a trip to go there on opening weekend (despite running for 10 days - once a car sells, you can't come anywhere near it)! Anyways, some Ferrari + other cool stuff from there a couple of years ago... Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files: