Ward Burton #22 Caterpillar NASCAR Stock Car | FerrariChat

Ward Burton #22 Caterpillar NASCAR Stock Car

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Racersdrive, Jan 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    Ward Burton #22 Caterpillar Pontiac Grand Prix NASCAR Stock Car - Professional restored and Ready to Race.

Our newest arrival is the #22 Bill Davis Racing Caterpillar liveried Pontiac Nascar road race stock car as driven by 1999 Daytona 500 winner Ward Burton. Hutcherson-Pagan Chassis # HRP-3027 - December/1997.

Restored in 2016 by a professional West Coast based Nascar Race Team, Jack Sellers Racing, this is a fully-set up road race stock car and boasts a dyno and track tested. Hutchinson 700+ HP period correct NASCAR small-block power plant.

The car is available to lease or purchase and It would be an affordable track day ride as well as a competitive car for historic and vintage race events arouind the world. Lots of opportunities to run this very well built, distinctive, recognizable, and authentic NASCAR race car.

This car has all the good stuff - Brembo brakes up front, Wilwood in the rear, Bilstein Shocks, 4.44 Nodular third member, Nascar fire system, NASCAR certified cage and race seat, cool suit and cool helmet hookups, radio hookups and only one hour of dyno and test day time on the engine. Everything you need is in place and ready to go.

Asking price is a very competitive $35,000 US - you cant get more bang for the buck or a safer and more fun race car.

Contact [email protected] or call Mike at 408-220-3167 or Neil Lazzarino/Outlaw Performance at 408-374-4706 for more details or to schedule a viewing at the Racers Drive Motorsports shop in Campbell, CA.

2. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    That sure seems like a lot of track day car for the money. Question is, will it turn right too? ;) Would be fun to show up at an open track day with that.

3. threepedal

threepedal Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 26, 2016
    By Apple's Spaceship
    Full Name:
    Mark Joey
    #4 threepedal, Jan 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    Would question the extent of the restoration as the radiator overflow hose does not comply with NASCAR rules...

NASCAR Officials
    allow teams to relocate the radiator
    overflow tube at the rear of the car. But
    whether the tube is at the front or the
    rear, NASCAR rules state that a onehalf
    gallon minimum overflow container
    must located at the end of the overflow
    tube.
    “The radiator overflow tube can be
    relocated at the rear of the vehicle to
    keep coolant from draining onto the
    tires and causing traction loss,”

There is also a triangular shaped metal piece missing atop the driver's side caliper/rotor shroud as indicated by the open hole ( compare to passenger side) Sloppy & unsupported zip tied wiring, the engine oil catch can does not appear to be plumbed, etc, etc,

Compare engine compartments...

http://racersdrive.com/wp-content/uploads/engine-bay-2.jpg

Caveat Emptor

4. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    This car was run in the K&N series by Jack Sellers prior to being retired from Nascar competition and has the K&N stamp on the roll bar to prove it. It was restored in 2015 & 2016 to period correct status as it was run by Ward Burton in 2000. I noticed the lack of an overflow coolant container on the radiator which can be easily corrected but which, according to Jack's partner, crew chief and former driver himself, John Krebs, was not needed as NASCAR vents the overflow tube out the top of the rear of the cowl.

This is a squared up road race car and is set up as it was driven by occasional K&N West Nascar racer Mike Shawhan at a test day at Buttonwillow this past June.

Thank you.

Mike Cesario
    Racers Drive Motorsports
    Campbell, CA
    48-220-3167

5. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    By the way the link to the other picture you posted I believe was in a Dave Marcis Oldsmobile #71 Transmissions Unlimited NASCAR stock car I owned, raced and sold a couple of years ago to an enthusiast in Germany.

Also I notice you are a new member of the Ferrari Chat group and would question your use of the Caveat Emptor phrase and comments about sloppy work in regards to this car. If you want to come inspect it - be my guest. If you are not interested in purchasing it then I'd appreciate it if you'd keep your smarmy comments to yourself.

6. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    Yes. It is a road race car.

7. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    John. Call me if you'd like to discuss this stock car. I am open to reasonable offers.

Thank you.
    Mike Cesario.
    408–220-3167.

8. threepedal

threepedal Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 26, 2016
    By Apple's Spaceship
    Full Name:
    Mark Joey
    My number of posts does not negate the accuracy of my observations.

You claimed this car was "Ready to Race"...the FACT the radiator overflow hose fluid discharge is NOT plumbed to an overflow reservoir tank means the car is NOT "Ready to Race" to comply with Nascar or Track regulations & safety rules/guidelines.

I know of NO tracks that allow fluids to be discharged directly onto the track's surface.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

9. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    So easy to correct its ridiculous to make an issue about it. You are just being a jerk

10. threepedal

threepedal Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 26, 2016
    By Apple's Spaceship
    Full Name:
    Mark Joey
    I always have to laugh at & question your reply of..."So easy to correct".

my response being...Then WHY wasn't it done?! during the so called "restoration"...if as you stated something this easy to correct WASN'T done during the restoration, then what other "easy to correct" issues were not corrected/fixed?!

You stated & claimed this car was "Ready to Race"...it is NOT!

Why are you attempting to defend your erroneously claim?!

There is A LOT more than just the missing overflow capture reservoir to make this car "Race Ready" & PASS a Safety inspection.

The picture of the engine bay is patiently self evident of the numerous issues that need to be corrected prior to any track time.

The brake cooling intake ducting is missing on both brakes, must have also been missed as part of the "restoration".

Last post on this.

11. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    What happened to the rule about threadcrapping on sales listings??

12. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    The rule is:

I consider what is being posted as "accurate, first-hand information" on this specific car.

You'll note that the seller isn't saying that the observations are wrong, just that those issues would be easily fixed.

Additionally, in my experience, sellers who call potential customers a jerk are usually less than successful. And, that's just an observation.

Good luck with the sale.

Mike

13. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    Sorry I lost my temper with the mean spirited nitpicking from this new subscriber. I just get tired, whether it's on EBAY or sites like this, where self-important, know-it-alls, aren't happy unless they are putting someone or something else down.

Why write a critique of an ad or a car unless you just want to hear yourself talk, see your words in print and keep the safe the world from itself? Is the attachment of a coolant water tank on the firewall connecting it to an overflow which we normally vent out the top of the hood cowling a big problem or is the re-attachement of a couple of brake cooling lines an real issue. I think not.

Once again come inspect the car if you're really interested in it or do me a favor and keep your opinions to yourself.

Thank you.

Mike Cesario
    Racers Drive Motorsports
    Campbell, CA

14. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
  15. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    True but the caveat emptor comments were a bit much don't you think?

16. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals

Personally, I think that's good advice for any buyer of any vehicle.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    OK - back to the car itself - looks cool, I'd love to have one myself. Not in the cards for me, but must be a blast, and the price is very right.

GLWS!

18. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    Thank you rdefabri.

19. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    True but in this context the connotation was that the seller was someone not to be trusted. But you are correct Caveat emptor is something that should be employed by all of us in most every transaction.

20. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Hard to believe restored stock cars sell for $35,000. I have no idea what it costs to run something like this but it looks insanely fun for the money!

Scott

21. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    $35k is worth the looks on the neighbors faces alone.

22. Mr Turbo

Mr Turbo Rookie

Apr 1, 2012
    Sebastian, FL
    Full Name:
    Jim H.
    LOL...Love it
    GLWS

23. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Can a car like this run in hpde on a race track? Or, practically, is it functional on ovals only?