warning Main Performance PC! | FerrariChat

warning Main Performance PC!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by rob lay, Jan 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    racing simulator chassis they carried was strongly recommended, so I ordered little after Thanksgiving. I received the 125 pound box with chassis, but not the seat. I just now got notice UPS couldn't deliver seat, so sent it back to them. Main Performance PC wanted to charge me $88 to reship it after I already paid similar amount for them to unsuccessfully ship.

#1 - They claimed the chassis was signed by me on delivery, I never signed anything! They just left the 125 lb box on front porch forging the signature.

#2 - They claimed the seat was attempted delivery 3 times, yet we never got a single note and although they left the chassis without signature they would leave the seat?

I realize not directly Main Performance PC's problem with the shipping, but I had zero fault myself and I would be the one paying for it with $88 shipping again. I told them to keep the seat, so I'm still stuck with the original shipping and they charged me $88 and a 25% restocking fee.

Do not use Main Performance PC even if you like one of their products, find it elsewhere to make sure they don't leave you hanging like me.

https://www.mainperformancepc.com

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I used to swear by UPS but they have become a complete disaster. They strive to achieve mediocrity and are proud of it.

In any event that company needs to learn their obligation to the customer does not stop at the door of the big brown truck. Putting the product in the hands of their customer is their responsibility. Amazon is another company that has not learned that either. Cannot believe they are still so popular.

3. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    The best line I ever heard about UPS is "There is a reason the truck is brown."

4. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I bought a Trak Racer seat and rig for my home setup - using Fanatec equipment - they shipped all the Fanatec stuff - and next day got the Trak racer seat and rig.. took about 1/2 a day to set up ... love it! I'm using X box asseto corsa... next will be moving into the computer stuff.. but I just hate all the hardware and etc.. I like plug and play. I racing is the goal...

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    We have neat group around DFW doing PS3 GT6 and PS4 F1.

6. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Fight back by having your credit card company issue MPPC a chargeback.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I was considering that, but finally just agreed to the refund and stocking free, I warned them that in long run they would lose out much more.

8. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    never heard of a major issue with Main, which is something of an anomaly in the specialty racing sim business (remember the guy making pedals who closed shop and screwed over hundreds of customers? he was an Fchatter).

besides this sounds like a UPS problem, not a Main problem. although you'd think a company based in Memphis would use FedEx ;)

9. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    if you have not tried asseto corsa... give it a shot, I think its much better than GT6... which I always thought was the best handling....

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I bought it, haven't played yet.

11. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    iRacing hands down... and I'm not sure about your MPPC warning Rob. They have to go by what the shipper said. And they've been very well reviewed both PC, chassis, and pedals. Shame the siuation happened but it's hardly a "warn everyone about the rip off" scenario.

Which cockpit did you get?

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Fact is as customer I did absolutely nothing wrong and fact Main Performance PC wants to charge me 100% of reshipping or restocking makes them a piece of **** company. If they will throw customer under bus for something like this, what else would they do it for?

13. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    haha, ok. You're mad.

So which cockpit did you get? Did you order their pedals too?

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think their nice one, seat and rail was part I never got, but Inhave extra Momo seats from racing days.

15. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Obutto Ozone or Obutto R3volution are the choices.

Luckily for me, they ship from Kent, WA, so I can go pick one up if I need it. Eventually I'll pick up an Ozone for a FlightSim. For my simracing I have a Hyper.

Anyway, good luck with it. I was curious if you got their pedals. They seem decently reviewed on the iRacing forums.

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    it is the R3.

17. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I'm late to this discussion, but both of you (Rob and Main) were screwed by UPS. It seems like the solution would have been for Main to open a case with UPS to have them re-ship it for free or to cover Rob's restocking fee. UPS claims to have a signature, which they won't be able to reproduce when asked. They tried to deliver 3 times without leaving a note, which is also not defensible. I have seen UPS leave "signature required" packages without a signature on several occasions.

What does tracking show for the frame and seat?

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I didn't look at tracking. I just know they left the frame, which was the most valuable, but of course it was very heavy and they didn't want to carry around anymore.