Buyer Beware: 146563 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Buyer Beware: 146563

Discussion in '360/430' started by 134282, Feb 27, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Living4life

Living4life Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2008
    Well its back on Ebay AGAIN for $135k with no accidents listed on its listing.

Its like they are playing a game. I've seen it on ebay several times off and then back up. Seems like they are hoping people forget about the issues they may have heard about it before. I only found it after searching on google with the VIN.

2. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Penske. I bought a car from one of their dealers many years ago. It had been in an accident and this was never disclosed to me.

3. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    THAT IS TOTAL BS! Buyer beware

4. OST

OST Karting

Jan 23, 2012
    How do the laws operate in the US? Don't you have Contract Laws that protect buyers? Eg if a man brought this car from the dealer who failed to disclose the facts or tells only a portion of truth, isn't that misrepresentation of half truths? Where a reasonable person believed the car had no damages and was presented a false or not am honest fact but a salesman who is a well knowledgable person conceals it from them. That is not an honest opinion, rather a misrepresentation of half truth.

5. Monza 456

Monza 456 Karting

Sep 15, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Craig Nelson
    Carbon, It seems to me you should be careful on what you post. You seem to be going on hearsay, who is this "potential buyer"? and how extensive is the damage? You are potentially damaging a dealers reputation. Did you or anyone you know ever see the car damaged? Who is the person that did the inspection? are they credible?

So, based on this, the inspector could be exagerating, the potential buyer could be exagerating, you going by hearsay could be exagerating and it could have been something very minor. It could be a very nice car.

At this point you have slammed the car, possibly unjustly, slammed the dealer, possibly unjustly, slammed the whole Penske organization possibly unjustly and who are you??? Just some poster on Ferrarichat who possibly trys to look important by spreading mis information.

If you put out posts like this proof is very important. please post proof.

Also I dont know the car or the previous owners or the dealership.

I do know that I bought my 16M from Bentley of Scottsdale (Penske dealer) was treated very well, got a wonderful car at an outstanding price. I would buy another car from them in a heartbeat.

6. OST

OST Karting

Jan 23, 2012
    I'm guessing Contract Law or Torts don't exist in the car selling business...

7. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    You got me! I'm trying to look important - I just want you guys to like me. Is it working yet? I'm the Tom Green of the Ferrari community - please like me!

Did you read the whole thread? The person to whom I initially referred eventually chimed in with his accurate and first-person perspective. I appreciate that you got a nice car - and I'm not suggesting that every car Scottsdale sells is misrepresented - but this one is being misrepresented, and I thought people needed to know. If you read this thread in its entirety, you'll see that this isn't the only car they've misrepresented.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have other threads to post in - gotta look important so people on the Internet can validate me as a person!

8. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

atta boy!

9. Monza 456

Monza 456 Karting

Sep 15, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Craig Nelson
    Still not seeing who it is that chimed in, or exactly what was found, or who found it?? So what exactly is wrong with the car? Where is the damage? What isn't fixed correctly that you can tell it was damaged?? I don't see anything wrong with you saying this stuff but you should back it up with more story.

10. OST

OST Karting

Jan 23, 2012
    You guys do have Contract Law in the States, bunch of geezers trying to avoid my concern for you all!

11. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I really should invest in some tastier sneakers - so that at least I can somewhat enjoy myself when I stick my foot in my mouth. I'd like to apologize to you - the information about this car's damage is not in this thread - I'm sorry.

Back in August, another FerrariChat member started a thread about this car, and that's the thread in which this car's damage and dubious history was disclosed. That thread is more or less no longer than this, but the important posts are 31 and 39 (with emphasis on the latter), but subsequent comments also hold weight concerning this car and the selling dealership.

Again I'm sorry, and I hope you can look past my brazen attitude; I forgot that the information was in another thread, and I just assumed you came in here making comments without reading the thread in its entirety.

12. djh2627

djh2627 Formula Junior

Apr 20, 2008
    Weston, FL.
    Full Name:
    David
  13. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
  14. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
  15. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    How could this happened ? if someone knew the car had collision reported but carfax showed nothing ; it could be lasting for so many years ....on the market selling like a normal car ???

16. MPtolomey

MPtolomey Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2014
    Odessa, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark Ptolomey
    A clean CARFAX means NOTHING. Some of the insurance companies don't even report to CARFAX... The only way to know if the car has any accident history or prior paint is with a PPI.

You can NEVER rely on CAFAX

17. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    No disclosure

18. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Ick! Select Luxury - I would stay FAR - FAR away. I looked at a car from them, then got the PNA to run a history - damaged - salvaged title in NJ... nothing from Select..... when you see the place and walk in and see & hear the folks - it reminds me of the old Auto Toy Store down in Fla... back in the 80's - slimy slimy slimy. Cavat Emptor. maybe its just me.

19. cwilson13

cwilson13 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 20, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    CWilson
    #70 cwilson13, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    I called their place years ago on an M3 they listed. Had about a 60 second conversation with a sales guy. That told me all I needed to know. Didn't bother stopping in.

But I saw the 430 listed and thought I would poke around a little. Loved the racing seats.

Google VIN search, F chat (and spidey-sense) are much better than any Carfax report!

How's the 328 running? When is the next coffee get together?

20. m3doc

m3doc Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2008

It's not just you.

21. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    "It's just a car."

That's blasphemous and in some countries, would get you flogged.
    Enzo just rolled over in his grave.

I urge you to reconsider and edit your post.

22. darkostoj

darkostoj Rookie

Aug 30, 2016
  23. boostd

boostd Karting

May 4, 2014
    I guess the car got wrecked again. It looks like a giant mess to me.

24. darkostoj

darkostoj Rookie

Aug 30, 2016
    I own an exotic salvage yard, and my main purpose is mostly for parting out.