Mangusta thread | Page 58 | FerrariChat

Mangusta thread

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by Mang, Jan 10, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks guys! I'll keep you posted.

2. vallelunga67

vallelunga67 Rookie

Jan 24, 2016
    Basel, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Chris Beck
    could be also a project car.
    Chris
    Switzerland

3. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    Hi Chris, I noticed yesterday that mrspeedlux.com in London are expecting a 1972 Mangusta into stock according to their website...I have no connection to, or experience of this vendor, and no other car details are supplied. May be worth a call though.

Good luck with your search.

Mark.

4. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Chris, meet Chris. One Chris seeking a Mangusta, I realize you want a 'euro' car, BUT thinking out loud - other Chris (cnpapa) is selling an awfully nice example. Seems a good time to acquire a good car if you are in the market.

5. DenisC

DenisC Formula 3

Oct 11, 2009
    1972 would make it one of the RHD cars they were the very last built.

6. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #1431 cnpapa24, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks, Mike. Chris - I do have a very low mile and original Mangusta for sale. Feel free to PM me for further info.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. puebla

puebla Karting

May 31, 2007
    Attn. model collectors: Tecnomodel has produced a 1/18 scale, resin, closed model of the 1971 Mangusta in silver, orange, red and blue for $280 USD.

8. Daryl

Daryl Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Barrington Hills, IL
    Full Name:
    Daryl Adams
    #1433 Daryl, Dec 27, 2016
    I checked out the Tecnomodel Mangusta and something seemed a bit off. I couldn't put my finger on what exactly it was, so I pulled out a photo of my car that was similar, but shot from the other side. After flipping the image it is fairly close to the view of the model they have on their web page. (see below) I can see now that the model has a bottom window frame on the door that does not exist in the real car. Also the track seems a wee bit wider on the model, pushing the tires out. The steering wheel is also a bit too high. It's interesting how such small details can distort the visual balance and proportion of the design. Still, it's a good looking model and overall seems more accurate than the 1/12th version posted here some time ago. I may get one and try to make some "adjustments".

9. prototypefan

prototypefan Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2005
    ab, canada
    I'm appreciative of any model of these wonderful Italian jewels but the badging on the rear hatch has to move!

10. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    My Mangusta is sold. There was a lot of interest in the car; more than I expected actually. The final sales price was not full ask of $375k, but not far off either. The car is going to a true enthusiast who has been searching for the right car for some time and I am excited to see that it is going to a good home.

Michael Foertsch of M Brandon Motorcars (also an FChat sponsor) did a fantastic job facilitating the sale and I would not hesitate to recommend his services to anyone else considering a sale. At this point, I am certain he has a few other potential Mangusta buyers on the Rolodex.

So there you have a real world first hand comp sale in the U.S. of a very nice and original Mangusta. I hope that this information is useful for anyone out there looking to buy or sell.

11. Mark Charlton

Mark Charlton Karting

Jul 17, 2006
    Ottawa, ON
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Congratulations Chris. It is sad that the car has moved on but you were the right owner at the right time for it. Thank you for sharing the car with us, and also the sale details. It's nice to know the softening market hasn't really impacted the best cars. Best of luck on the next project. I look forward to seeing what it will be.

Mark

12. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks, Mark. I enjoyed the process of bringing the car back to its original livery and its design is up there with the best of them. It was sad to see her go.

13. aerokurt

aerokurt Rookie

Feb 4, 2011
    SW Fla & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricci_Martin

Ricci Martin - Wikipedia
    Ricci Martin September 20, 1953 – August 3, 2016 was an American musician and singer. He was the son of singer Dean Martin and his second wife Jeanne Biegger and ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricci_Martin

14. DenisC

DenisC Formula 3

Oct 11, 2009
  15. puebla

puebla Karting

May 31, 2007
    Unpacked beautiful, silver version of TecnoModel/Mythos' Mangusta today.
    Wheels don't roll, the badge in front grill bezel is mounted upside-down, and nothing opens. Oh well, I've waited years for this model.

16. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    not having the wheels move sometimes is a blessing.

17. Candide

Candide Formula 3

Apr 6, 2017
    Monaco
  18. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    They appear to be in mint condition. Are they original?

19. Candide

Candide Formula 3

Apr 6, 2017
    Monaco
    100% original.

W/ the period stamp, coupons...

20. dwil

dwil Karting

Nov 8, 2003
    ozarks
    Full Name:
    Dave Wilson
    Finally decided to sell my mangusta project (see other cars classified) I wish i had the
    time and energy to complete, but then probably wouldn't want to expose it to the
    roads, uninsured drivers, ect we have here in arkansas.

21. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    #1446 Mang, May 5, 2017
    Back in '08 I passed on this Mangusta project. I yielded to Jerry M. (Mangustaman) here. It went on to England not too long after. A LOT of work, wonder what became of it? Very interesting is that this photo is inside a garage about 1/2 mile from my present house.

22. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
  23. DenisC

DenisC Formula 3

Oct 11, 2009
    I was looking at that one too. The seller's representative was very firm on the price I was offering $10k at the time. Jerry was smarter he offered 12(or 14) with a contract specifying any items missing to be discounting the amount and he ended-up paying 9k or so.

24. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
  25. GaetanVDK

GaetanVDK Karting

Oct 20, 2015
    BRUSSELS, BELGIUM
    Full Name:
    GAETAN VDK
    If anybody is interested in a Mangusta project car, please PM me.

Full restoration needed, car stayed outside for 30 years.

All the best

Gaetan