SSC Factory any activity?? | FerrariChat

SSC Factory any activity??

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by alan, Oct 31, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    So back in June it was reported work would start on the SSC factory for the Tuatara, in August and that it would be completed in February 2015.

SSC Plans To Open New Factory To Develop Tuatara | car News @ Top Speed

I have not heard a word about this anywhere since. I am thinking maybe it was all a pipe dream, I really would love to see this car come to fruition. So I was wondering is there anybody in the local area who can vouch that building activity has started? is this project really underway?
    Please can anyone in the vicinity tell us, is there activity at the site or is this project as dead as a Dodo??

Thanks in advance. Alan W

2. DFexotic

DFexotic Formula Junior

May 5, 2012
    Chicago/Indiana
    As I don't live in the area, i can't say for sure. I thought I heard that it was delayed indefinitely. The Venom GT hit 270.49 MPH not too long ago so it isn't unreasonable to think they might be making some changes.

3. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
  4. DFexotic

DFexotic Formula Junior

May 5, 2012
    Chicago/Indiana
    Hopefully they finish it relatively soon. I also hope its not just another one of "those" cars that gets a crap load of hype and then disappoints.

5. Jeff Pintler

Jeff Pintler Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2005
    Richland
    Full Name:
    Jeff Pintler
    The site for their new building hasn't changed in 2 years, footings poured covered in weeds.

Jeff Pintler
    89 348tb, 86tr, 99 360 3-pedal, 05 S-160 Bobcat

6. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
  7. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    No activity at the proposed site for the factory I take it? Or somebody would have posted about it. At least, I would have hoped someone would, if any building was taking place. Anyone??

8. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    More weeds covering the footings? Footings covered in snow?

Inquiring minds want to know.