HRE P101 Fitment Issue | Page 2 | FerrariChat

HRE P101 Fitment Issue

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by phanliu, Nov 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jrodrig688

jrodrig688 Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2012
    FL
    Full Name:
    Jose Rodriguez
    Both hre and wheels boutique as the original post and no issues. Just to add that they did it right for me. I left offset/sizing up to them and came out fine. I hope they help resolve the op dissatisfaction.

2. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Guys all I have to say is got a call from David and finally HRE. They are standing by their product. Tito from HRE got on the phone with me and right away said they will forge a new set of wheels and have the issue corrected. Once they get the new wheels they'll have them shipped to my local installer and change the tires to the new wheels all covered for by HRE. If they can do that and have it corrected I'll be satisfied. Will wait and see when it's actually done but in all honesty HRE is a brand you can depend on if things go south.

It's part of life things can go wrong but what's more important is what can the company do to remedy and correct the issue and that's what HRE and WB did to come thru. Thanks Tito and David for standing behind your products and service!

3. andrewecd

andrewecd Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Good to hear. Maybe you could post some pics with the wheel specs, including offsets and tire sizes when all fitted correctly?
    Also interested (HRE) to know if the incorrect wheel offset had ever been made in that spec before? What I mean is, if you receive a wheel order with an incorrect or unusual offset request, wouldn't you question the order before manufacturing? I hope to have some HRE's made for 488 soon so interested in this topic.
    Pics of different wheel and tire sizes, with offsets and fitted to cars would help in picking the correct combo. Want the rim further out but definitely no spacers.

4. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You are responding to 2 year old thread.

5. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    What had occurred here was that the offsets were built for a lowered 458 rather than an OEM ride height 458. When a car is lowered the wheels will naturally camber inward which allows for the wheels to be pushed out a few extra mm's and still be flushed. But if you are to use that same fitment on OEM height the wheels don't camber and those extra mm's end up poking out a bit.

Before an order begins manufacturing HRE reviews everything and sends an order confirmation to be signed. We've taken extra precautions during this confirmation process so something like this has happened since.

6. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    Great followup by wb and hre great service

Wheelb likes this.
  7. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    2 years after and changing a few F cars the 458 is gone. Still have the wheels and sitting on my rack. Yes, WB does have a point to drop the vehicle but that’s if you went with the 355s in the rear. I did not go for the 355s as I wanted to use Michelins and for that reason 325s were the widest for the rears. Settled for 12 inch wide for the rears and not HREs traditional set up which may have affected the offset. Even if I dropped the car by 15mm the tires and wheels would still stick out by a few mms for my type of setup.

Overall HRE is great to work with. Hope this helps your setup and not to make the mistake I did.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Wheelb likes this.
  8. andrewecd

andrewecd Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Thanks for replying. HRE has contacted me also.

9. andrewecd

andrewecd Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the PM too.

10. andrewecd

andrewecd Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Yes, however, I have had responses from the op and WB so all good.

11. arkone

arkone Karting

Nov 20, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Mo

You interested in selling them? I assume you have the corrected set of HREs?

12. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Well I have them on my rack and just collecting dust. Like WB said that if you drop the car it may become flush to the body but I’m not sure.

If anyone want to take them off my hands send me a PM - Paid over $12K. Willing to make a deal to sell. Contact me if interested.

HRE P101s - 20 Fronts and 21 Rears - Brushed Aluminum finish
    Michelins 245 for the fronts and Michelins 325 for the rears - Pilot Supersports.

Thanks,