1990 Corvette ZR-1 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1990 Corvette ZR-1

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by shmark, Sep 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well, they started the modern era Corvette revolution. There were these things called L-88's, ZL1's, Fuelies, Z06's, 427's,etc.

2. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I will not buy this car. I have the funds but I own the first Maserati four door built. The $20,000 will build the motor. Thank you

3. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks Mitchell, good luck with the Maserati. And let me know if you change your mind!

4. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Corvette has always been a performance car, but very much in the American muscle tradition. My brother had a couple early C3s and while they are cool cars, they never really did anything for me. But I still remember the first time I saw a C4 in late 1983, a brand new black machine I thought it looked like a spaceship, just stunning to me. They went in a very European direction with clean lines and a design that spoke for itself without lots of window dressing, and I love it. The ZR-1 with its wider body just looks right to me, and it's my favorite style of all Corvette generations. Throw in a very European engine and it's the ultimate Corvette as far as I'm concerned. It definitely started the modern performance revolution, and the performance envelope is huge, even 26 years later.

5. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    It was the "King of the Hill" :) I still remember the magazine covers...

Funny enough, I remember there was a cutaway illustration of the LT5 motor on the cover of one of my friend's engineering textbooks when I was in college (I wasn't in engineering classes but several of my friends were engineering majors).

6. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    This is really a fair price for a first year ZR-1. I like these cars and always admired them. Pity they do not get the respect from the collector market. Some of the later model versions - 94 and 95 - have tried to push the envelope on pricing, shooting for $45K+ but the availability of C5 Z06's I think sets the limit on what the Corvette market will pay. Sad because of the history and design of this engine. I always referred to it as a GM Ferrari motor - similar to a 348 or 355 engine, V-8, twin cam 8000 rpm beast. And 5.7 liters. Yeow!

I secretly want a 94 in my garage, but doubt this will ever happen. GLWS! Really priced for a quick transaction, IMO.

7. bcfos

bcfos Karting

Aug 15, 2016
    Birmingham, Al
    Full Name:
    Brian Foster
    Well most of those were before my time. I was in the era of slow cross fire injection. lol

8. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Fchat special $17,000.

9. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    This won't lAst for long at that price-plenty of folks know what these are. Great car!

10. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    lot of car for only 17g.
    you should post a pic of the rear of the car.....really shows off the ZR1 lines.

11. Protouring442

Protouring442 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Harriman, TN
    Full Name:
    One Stupid SOB
    Good grief I wish I had the cash!

12. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    (little bump)

13. shea

shea Rookie

Jan 29, 2005
    St.Louis
    Full Name:
    Shea Hughes
    Is the car still available?

14. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Killer car for the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Sorry hadn't been on here in a while, yes the car is still available. I'll send you a pm.

16. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Someone needs to buy this car, if only to save some red misted teenager with a newly minted driver's license from wrapping it around a tree!

17. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Don't worry Vince, this new wave of CA snowflakes would never fall for an American Muscle classic with a monster of a V8, destined to be a classic. Perhaps a Nissan leaf or to have their parents drive them to sensitivity class or coloring class in their Tesla.

18. ferrarisun

ferrarisun Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2011
    Would that be one of the early 60's Q-Ports? Got to drive one of those many years ago, put about 1200 miles on it. A really nice road car. And good luck with the sale of the Corvette, that is a LOT of muscle/sports car for the money!

19. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Still available, currently in Memphis under the care of fchatter Thomas Magnum. The reason is that I no longer have a garage and he offered to keep it in his for a while. Happy to connect anyone who would like to see the car.

20. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #45 Thomas Magnum, Dec 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Happy to do it Mark. I drove the ZR-1 from Atlanta to Memphis recently. Car is in outstanding shape and performed flawlessly. A very nice trip! Hagerty recently published an article on these ZR-1s. Worth a look. I think Mark is being very generous here at $17K.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2016/10/31/corvette-zr-1
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Great car and I wish I had the money/space to get it.

PDG

22. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I would love to have this - I have the typical road blocks in place (wife not interested, no money, etc).

I'm assuming you aren't open to trades of any kind? I'm a bit of a tire kicker, but this is sitting too long and has my name all over it (I geeked over the ZR-1 back when these were introduced, and I want one). Prefer the later models, but this is well taken care of.

Anything you would be interested in trade wise?

23. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    LMAO

24. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Hahahaha, love it. Our precious snowflakes. Each one is unique and they are sooooo delicate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Friggin' skinny jeans-wearing, man-bun wussies that have never thrown a football!
    Our culture/society is doomed!!