Current Testarossa Values | Page 71 | FerrariChat

Current Testarossa Values

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by UAS, Nov 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    When you die, money means nothing. No pockets in a coffin. Enjoy life for what it is.

2. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    #1752 vincenzo, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    Not "when the entire economy collapses".

But

"After the dust clears".

Remember.... economic collapse is only one (draconian) potential solution. I'd suggest massive inflation as a more likely outcome.

Cheers!
    Vincenzo

3. Ferrarifan2016

Ferrarifan2016 Karting

Oct 26, 2016
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Jack
  4. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    There are four red Testarossas being sold with no reserve at the RM Sotheby's Duemille Ruote auction in Milan later this month. In the current climate, bargains to be had - four at once, all of which have to sell in the same place on the same days, suggests a mini market flood.

5. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    so you see that your BIG BOSS increased the debts within 8 years by about 50 %
    if we all would do business so we would be bankrupt already

so better to enjoy our nice cars and be happy after a drive that all will be ok and working fine :)

6. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    What did the TR's at Mecum Dallas sell for? I recorded it, but NBCSN screwed me again with NASCAR.

7. pnorell

pnorell Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 24, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Peter
    1990 red TR at Auctions America sold for $100k last weekend and the 1989 blue TR bid to $100k and was passed

8. pnorell

pnorell Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 24, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Peter
    1988 TR sold at Mecum Dallas for $76k and the 1987 red TR bid to $100k and was passed

9. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    And more ....

I may be the only one here telling some months now that all the time prices of the Testarossa family is drastically coming down ....

Too many are on the market, sold by non-passionate owners ... and (over here in Europe,) it will continue to do so ...

10. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Thank you!

11. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    The majority of TR's currently for sale on Autotrader.com still have "asking" prices of $150-$200K. When will these sellers mark their cars to market?

12. ricmat

ricmat Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Ricardo

They are just stalling... I have been following the market on a weekly basis.. these are all you see, because they don't just move! And sellers seems to be out of the market and not get it... it's not helping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

1988 Ferrari Testarossa TR | eBay

How long has this one been for sale now? 3 years??!?

LOL

Yep, hope they aren't leveraged too much on those! Bank's going to want that full amount when they eventually sell.

14. ricmat

ricmat Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    Brad,

I wasnt refering to that one. I was refering to the average ones on autotrader.com - as per Parnelli's comments.That one is up for bidding, and is not listed at $150-200k (although lets see what the reserve price is)

Anyway - still, if you think 3 years is a fair time to have a car for sale, then we have different visions of when cars should sell.

Regards

15. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    What do you guys think the current market commands for 1987-1991 "no needs" "no stories" TRs with

5K-10K miles. $95K ?

10K-20K miles. $85K ?

20K-30K miles. $75K ?

30K-40K miles. $65K ?

The rest $55K or less. ?

16. Shopcat

Shopcat Karting

Nov 14, 2015
    NLA
    Probably more like

5K-10K miles. $105K+

10K-20K miles. $95K

20K-30K miles. $85K

30K-40K miles. $75K

The rest $65K or less depending on needs. Know of multiple cars sold(and unsold) in this range.

17. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Our visions are different, fair enough. I'd say if you have the car for sale a year and half and it still hasn't moved, then your price must be pretty unrealistic.

18. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    When a car is properly described and priced it should sell within a few weeks. If not you are fishing.
    When I sold mine I advertised it only here in Canada and sold within 3 weeks. At the time the price was right for me and the buyer.
    Most of my friends say I sell my cars too cheap, BUT they sell! I don't want to look at it for sale for years or months.
    Set a realistic price you are comfortable with with good pictures that put the car in value with honest description. IT WILL SELL

Keep in mind a car has to be attractive to sell. If it's the same red on tan Testarossa as all others for sale then the price as to be attractive.

I'm talking about selling a car not market check or fishing.

19. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
  20. Total Recall

Total Recall Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2014
    East Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Dominic Bradley
    Hi, I don`t have my Testarossa any more but still take an interest in them!

I was at the NEC classic car show in the UK over the weekend and saw a Testarossa on the auction there. I didn`t watch the auction and so didn`t go in the auction area to have a closer look (there was so much to do!) but here are the Testarossa results from it:

`87 LHD Red/Black, 32k miles, serviced. £82K GBP / $103K US.
    https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/1987-ferrari-testarossa-8851

There doesn`t seem to be much cooling off with Testarossa`s over here at least - as that`s about the same as a LHD with that mileage was fetching 12 - 18months ago....

Also - there was this! Didn`t actually see it though:

`87 Koenig Evolution II LHD Red/Red, 29K miles, serviced. £106K GBP / $132K US.
    https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/1987-ferrari-testarossa-koenig-competition-evolution-ii

Have to say, seeing the side profile and those strakes of that first `87 amongst the other cars there got my pulse racing like nothing else I saw at the show (appart from a lovely white Countach on a trade stand).

Even the multi million £ La Ferrari in the hall next door got my attention for all of 10 seconds before walking away thinking "is that it?"

For anyone who still has their Testarossa it really makes you realise how special they are!

Happy motoring :)

Dom.

21. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    may be it once has been a competition or evolution, but this what have been sold is only a wide body koenig with the original brakes ( as far as I see it ) and with a "normal" engine, no turbos like the competition and also the evolution had.
    and for this koenig the price has been to high, except there are more technical good things inside what was not in the description.

22. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
  23. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    christmas present in november?

24. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    That car must have had stories! Even if it did I think that price is strangely low. You cannot trust an Ebay ad tho. Fake bids, cars labled sold then reposted often, scam ads, etc.

25. pnorell

pnorell Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 24, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Peter
    First time Ebay user who joined this month - 86 would have a flying mirror (although the single knock-off wheels look correct).