XBox Live question | FerrariChat

XBox Live question

Discussion in 'Technology' started by rdefabri, Nov 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    So I have an XBox Live membership, and it expired. I did renew it, all good there.

I tried to log in last night - no dice. Went to the online portal, logged in - again, no issue. However, I noticed my gamertag changed...not good.

For some reason, it's not associating my XBox gamertag with my online account. That probably explains why I'm not able to get on.

How can I associate my regular gamertag with my online account? So far, no dice. NEED HELP!!! :(

2. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  3. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
  4. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Ok so that (sort of) worked. It looks like I needed to change my password, which I did...all is well.

Thanks!!

5. 3rn3sT0

3rn3sT0 Rookie

Jun 15, 2017
    Great. i was going to ask if you were able to access your outlook or live id outside of the console. gamertag can't be changed for free btw. micro$soft charges for it.

6. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    So this happened again, and I suspect it was due to Verizon converting all email accounts to AOL.com. My email address is the same, but it's all accessed via AOL.

I went to try and access my account, and Microsoft tells me it can't recover my account because the account is with an "ISP". Doesn't make sense, the email is the same...I really do NOT want to lose the gamertag and associated records...any idea what I can do?

7. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Best to contact support on the xbox site.