Expansion Tank Cap | FerrariChat

Expansion Tank Cap

Discussion in '348/355' started by Dave Monk, Oct 30, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave Monk

Dave Monk Karting

Apr 23, 2010
    SW Virginia
    Full Name:
    David Monk
    Gents, while checking fluids today the end of the expansion tank cap came off and fell into the tank. I pulled the coolant out and retrieved the part, which was the end of the cap - the flange on the end of the cap had cracked and allowed the end to fall when I tried to remove the cap. At any rate, I can get the cap from Ricambi, but also noted on Ricambi's site is a Stant 10331 cap (which you can acquire anywhere off the shelf quickly). I need to put one back on it fast as I just left the car be in the garage until I can get the cap. Are any of you running a Stant 10331 cap? Seems close in pressure (1.08 v 1.1).

2. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    any will do of the right rating IIRC 16psi

3. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Dave,

Both are in stock and you'd have tomorrow, with even the cheapest shipping option on our website.

4. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
  5. Dave Monk

Dave Monk Karting

Apr 23, 2010
    SW Virginia
    Full Name:
    David Monk
    Thanks guys. Daniel, if they have the Stant locally I may just pick one up tomorrow and order the other one later. I need to put together a list of odds and ends I need and I will get it with them.

6. emac

emac Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 14, 2014
    upstate SC
    Full Name:
    ernest
    Yet another advantage of living in the south......two day shipping from Ricambi!

7. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    #7 fatbillybob, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. fastradio

fastradio F1 Rookie
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 26, 2006
    New England
    Full Name:
    David Feinberg
    Probably not. Everyone knows that those inexpensive, aftermarket, but sold as genuine caps, only last a year or two. Hopefully, the newer two-eared ones that Ferrari is now supplying will last a bit longer. Somehow or another, I doubt it.