Who's in Orlando/best roads in FL? | FerrariChat

Who's in Orlando/best roads in FL?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by ThatAussieGuy, Oct 16, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ThatAussieGuy

ThatAussieGuy Karting

Oct 5, 2016
    Orlando, Florida
    Hey Fchat,

My F430 Spider is being delivered on Tuesday sometime and I was wondering if anyone wanted to catch up and go for a spin in the afternoon? If not then let me know who is around and we can meet another time. :)

Also what are some cool roads to drive in Florida? Me and my fiancé are going to drive to Key West on Wednesday to go on our first trip with the car! Any other awesome drives around?

2. craterface

craterface Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2011
    Sanibel Island, FL
    I ordered one on Amazon for about 25 bucks, and it shows all the little roads. Just look for the squiggly lines. Many are in or around the mid-Florida ridge.

You will be criss crossing highway 17 and 27.

Since you will have a navigator, that helps a lot.

The Lake Wales area is pretty and there are a few hills.

South of Wachula, Sweetwater to Crewsville road is fun. Use and the book and look on google earth to find more.

Old Highway 8 is straight but has a fun rollercoaster section.

Scott

3. ThatAussieGuy

ThatAussieGuy Karting

Oct 5, 2016
    Orlando, Florida
    Thank you Scott :)

4. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    My family and I drove to Key West from DeLand (where I picked up a Kia Rio I purchased from my parents), it's quite a drive. Watch out for the Key Deer and traffic is always a concern. It's picturesque, but take your time.

Strongly recommend a stop at the Fish House in Key Largo, looks like a dump, but it's fantastic!!!

5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Lots of scenic drives throughout Florida, especially for newbies. Any that are intended/conducive for a sports car, in the traditional sense? Other than the northern parts of Okaloosa and Walton counties (panhandle), not really.

6. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Head towards Clermont. The hills surrounding the area have some nice roads, though you'll have to contend with the bicycles. Weekdays are better. Enjoy the keys, the traffic can be a pain though.

7. awo

awo Rookie

Oct 15, 2010
    I actually set up an 80 mile route out in Lake County for this weekend. We are meeting in Clermont this Saturday 10/22 at 8:00-8:10 and plan to head out around 8:30. We have R8's (new and old), 911 Turbo / GT3's, F-Type R, maybe a few BMW M cars. Feel free to PM for more details.

Alan

8. Goonthree

Goonthree Karting

Nov 28, 2010
    Orlando
    I know two routes done by BMW club. They were nice enough to have file to use with OsmAnd so basically it provide you term by term navigation. One goes fro Sanford to Yahala, the other from W. colonial to Bushnell go kart place (60 mi). The Yahala one is better as 60 miles of back roads + small section of unpaved road was tiring for me.

9. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Just FYI, there is a big bike race this weekend around Clermont, so keep an eye out.

10. awo

awo Rookie

Oct 15, 2010
    Thanks for the heads up. I just made a change to the route to hopefully avoid their race.

11. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    No problem. I know all too well what it's like getting stuck on the race days. Enjoy the drive, it's going to be a beautiful weekend.

12. Goonthree

Goonthree Karting

Nov 28, 2010
    Orlando
    Awo, thanks for organizing the drive it was awesome. Awo provided water, coffee and a nice place to hang out then the 80 mi drive. He even bought us lunch!!! Thanks again,

13. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Spiro is an incredible host!!

14. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    Would someone be good enough to email me the Clermont drive please
    [email protected]

15. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Kevin, that wasn't me.

16. Goonthree

Goonthree Karting

Nov 28, 2010
    Orlando
    It is Alan that host it in Clermont. The drive is over as it was yesterday.

17. awo

awo Rookie

Oct 15, 2010

It was my pleasure. I'll try to set something up in the next few months and let you guys in the Orlando area know.

Phil, I just sent you an email to stay in touch for the next time I set something up.

I live out in Clermont and drive the roads quite a bit in Lake county. I had a good friend from S. Florida who just bought a new F-Type R and invited him up for the weekend. I extended the invite to others and a few more guys were able to make it out for the drive on Saturday.

If any other members are interested just message me your number, I can keep in contact when I set something up again.

18. marlow3

marlow3 Karting

Jan 20, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Marlow Miller
    Pop in to our Ferrari Central Florida dealership and ask for Curtis. He will be able to show you some great drives in the area.

19. awo

awo Rookie

Oct 15, 2010
    Curtis was supposed to drive with us on Saturday, but he had to work. ;-)