Ferrari Ford at Le Mans movie | FerrariChat

Ferrari Ford at Le Mans movie

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by -K1-, Oct 19, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ggjjr

ggjjr Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    George
    Thanks for posting!

2. Krummudgen

Krummudgen Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2015
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    Andy Horn
    Greetings fellow tifosi! For years I've been a huge fan of comedian/podcaster Adam Carolla. He is also an avid car enthusiast and racer. He recently turned his talents to making documentaries, starting with last year's "Winning: The Racing Life of Paul Newman" which was fantastic.

As good as that film was, it doesn't compare to what we're about to be treated to. I knew the next topic was going to Ferrari vs. Ford at Le Mans and have been waiting anxiously all year for it's completion...

The trailer was just released yesterday, and I can't remember the last time I got chills and teary-eyed from a 2 minute movie trailer! Watch it on the biggest screen you've got with the sound up!

The 24 Hour War - Movie Trailers - iTunes

(I'm in no way affiliated, just a loyal fan of everything Ferrari and Carolla)

3. Krummudgen

Krummudgen Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2015
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    Andy Horn
    Greetings fellow tifosi! For years I've been a huge fan of comedian/podcaster Adam Carolla. He is also an avid car enthusiast and racer. He recently turned his talents to making documentaries, starting with last year's "Winning: The Racing Life of Paul Newman" which was fantastic.

As good as that film was, it doesn't compare to what we're about to be treated to. I knew the next topic was going to Ferrari vs. Ford at Le Mans and have been waiting anxiously all year for it's completion...

The trailer was just released yesterday, and I can't remember the last time I got chills and teary-eyed from a 2 minute movie trailer! Watch it on the biggest screen you've got with the sound up!

The 24 Hour War - Movie Trailers - iTunes

(I'm in no way affiliated, just a loyal fan of everything Ferrari and Carolla)

4. Kitbash

Kitbash Karting

Dec 13, 2012
    Oh man, I'm drooling. Did they digitally enhance some of that footage?? It looks amazingly clear and in-focus....

Can't wait!!

5. Krummudgen

Krummudgen Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2015
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    Andy Horn
    Oh man I was so proud of myself for thinking I introduced this to the forum, I just posted in General Discussion and Other Racing this morning.

In this case coming in 2nd is ok. :) I can't wait for this!

6. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Looking forward to this as well. The Paul Newman doc was excellent as is his Car Cast Podcast.

7. schao

schao Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    S Chao
    First I've heard of this movie coming, I remember those times, thanks!

8. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Ghoulish: lots of bodies in the trailer......

9. Bigilo

Bigilo Karting

Sep 28, 2013
    San Antonio, Texas
    It is available on Netflix and is very interesting. Has a few of my favorite car builders and cars in it.

10. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Once you get past the strap line is there anything more to the story other than typical rivalry between manufacturers and teams?

I don't see a mainstream audience, with Hunt/Lauda they had the basis of a story they could juice up a bit that the man on the street found a bit interesting, I don't see one in this scenario, just two old men bickering about money.

11. Krummudgen

Krummudgen Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2015
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    Andy Horn
    Gotta love the internet, for all it's contribution to humanity our favorite use remains nay-saying. :)

You don't see an audience for an epic battle involving two of the most famous brands in the world (of any product let alone cars), at the most famous automotive event in the world, containing all the basic elements of a Hollywood blockbuster (heroes, villains, action, drama, love, loss,...)????!!!!! Watch it again, I think you missed something. :)

But it is worth remembering that this is an independent documentary for a target audience, it's not trying to be 'Titanic'!

12. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    That one is also good. I like the Koenigsegg focus.

13. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Well lets just see what the box office decides shall we and revisit this thread after that.

14. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    It might make a few hundred or thousand bucks at best in the theaters. Maybe they'll show it on a screen or two in LA or NY. Like the Paul Newman documentary, the income will come from Amazon, Netflix, etc.

15. nschots

nschots Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2011
    Buenos Aires.
    Full Name:
    Nicolás Sch.
    Wonderful documentary. Its great when they mix period images with modern ones of the same cars.

¿Is there any preview of the movie about Enzo´s life, which is said that is performed by De Niro?

16. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    I am making this one a top priority to watch. Thanks for sharing

17. Peter Tabmow

Peter Tabmow Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Surely this trailer is for a documentary, not a dramatisation...

18. hhibbett

hhibbett Karting

Aug 24, 2008
    It is a documentary. I saw the entire film at a pre-release showing a few weeks ago. It takes one through those few years where Ford was going to buy Ferrari but was spurned at the last minute, then decides to develop its own racing team. There are quite a number of interviews with people who were there during the time. They also interview some of the members of the Ferrari family. If you are interested in the history of racing between Ford and Ferrari during the mid 60's, especially LeMans (but also some of Daytona), then you would like it. I did.

19. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Fair enough, I imagined it be be a dramatisation.

20. ;)

Methinks (no, meknows...) some don't get it. Sign of the times I'm afraid.
    There are real racing fans and there are "fans", or even less, observers. This doc could not possibly have been made expecting to make mega $$$. Like you said, it's for a target audience, not the masses (I'm grateful for that). I haven't seen it yet but I'm sure I'm gonna love the hell out of it. :)

21. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    #22 Ferrari 308 Vetro, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This will be more then hot

Link to the Trailer The 24 Hour War - Movie Trailers - iTunes

Link to the YouTube Trailer [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csFnDoXQKvg[/ame]

The Ford/Ferrari rivalry at Le Mans is one of the most famous in racing history. It started in 1963 when Henry Ford II tried to buy Ferrari to save the ailing Ford Motor Company, which was being crushed by GM and the Corvette on the track and at the dealerships. After months of negotiation, Enzo Ferrari said no, refusing to allow Ford to interfere with what he loved the most: racing. Henry Ford II was furious and vowed to build a racecar that would dethrone Ferrari.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Wasn't this posted a couple of weeks ago ?

23. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    sorry dont know.

24. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Ford spent many times in money to finally beat Ferrari at Le Mans. When Ferrari finished 1,2,3, at 24 hours of Daytona 1967, I bet Ford of Detroit was livid!