Seventh Annual Frosty Balls Drive!!!! | FerrariChat

Seventh Annual Frosty Balls Drive!!!!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by JoeZaff, Oct 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Welcome my friends, to the Seventh Annual Frosty Balls Drive.

For those new to the drill,

Beginning in March of 1927, brave men in open cockpits braved the elements for days on end as they competed in the Mille Miglia 1000 mile drive across Italy.

In 1947, in order to fund his racing program, Enzo reluctantly produced his first road car. It had no top, no amenities whatsoever, and was a thinly disguised race car.

In 1968, ferrari introduced Air Conditioning and Power Steering to the American Market
    In 1976, Ferrari introduced the first car with an automatic transmission.
    In 1987, Ferrari introduced ABS into its road cars.
    On August 14, 1988, Enzo Ferrari died.
    In 1996, Ferrari introduced traction control
    In 2009, Ferrari produced its first car with cupholders
    In 2014 Ferrari ceased production of manual transmission equipped automobiles.

Do you see where I am going with this... For one day a year, we toss out modern conveniences and enjoy our cars in the elements in the seventh annual FROSTY BALLS DRIVE.

The seasonal colors should still be in full bloom and it should be thoroughly entertaining.

The date: November 12, 2016/rain date November 13th. Departing at 10:00 after C&C.

Returning 100 miles later for a nice lunch at a restaurant TBD.

Here are the rules.

For every participant in the drive that agrees to have his windows sealed in the open position with painters tape, my law firm will donate $10.00 to the Dupont Nemours Children's Hospital.

For coupe occupants, if the occupants also wear shorts or a T-shirt, our law firm will donate an additional $5.00 for every occupant. Every Convertible operator who keep the top down will get an additional $5.00 donation per occupant as well.

You can purchase back the use of luxuries such as radio, bluetooth, cell phone, navigation or anything else that plugs into anything, but you will have to make a $5.00 donation per amenity.

Now, if you are afraid of getting sniffle or messing up your finely cultivated bouffant hairdo you can roll up the windows and turn on the heat….but it will also cost you. Every participant who does not complete the rally in compliance with the above rules will be asked to donate $20.00 to the hospital.

Our firm will match donations up to $1000.00 total.

So, is there a competition you ask? Well of course there is

How do you win?

Stamina and creativity!

Like last year,
    Points will be awarded for flair devoted to the marque to which you are driving
    Points will be awarded for those braving the elements to the maximum.
    Points will be awarded for face painting, etc.

Basically, if you drive 100 miles without any amenities, freeze your A$$ off and look like a complete schmuck in the process...YOU WIN!

Finally, this is intended to be a relaxing scenic drive, this is not a RALLY. Everyone participating is required to obey all traffic laws. We are trying to raise money for charity, not kill a biker!

So whose in?

2. The_Pagani_Kid

The_Pagani_Kid Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2011
    MD
    Full Name:
    Eli
    My dad and I are definitely in

3. mondialmerle

mondialmerle Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Egg Harbor Township,NJ
    Full Name:
    Merle Graham
    Thanks Joe, I'm in with navigator.

4. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Joe,
    Great to hear this is happening again! Unfortunately, I will be traveling that weekend, but I will try and get my parents to go with the SLS again as they truly enjoy the event and it's a great cause!!!

Erik

5. AlanRS

AlanRS Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    DE
  6. rick8928

rick8928 Rookie

Nov 9, 2012
    Baltimore
    Full Name:
    Rick Soloway
    I'm in, either with my FFR Cobra or my new 2016 Porsche Cayman S if it arrives in time (my wife and I did a European Delivery last month and are waiting for the car to get here0.

Rick Soloway

7. hacktracker

hacktracker Rookie

Oct 18, 2016
    I'm Rick Soloway's navigator in previous years. I'll be participating this year in my GT350 with my son.

Also, my son had cardiac surgery at Nemours at the ripe old age of 1 year old. He just turned 17.

Great event, great cause!

Don Wood

8. michaelmodes

michaelmodes Rookie

Nov 3, 2014
    Last year I talked with David Shirey the property owner of the amazing collection of trains along Geigertown Rd. He rolled up on his electric wheelchair wondering what the amazing collection of cars was all about. He said it was pretty expensive to keep up things and hinted it would be helpful to him, if we use his property, to give him a gratuity. He was really very nice about the whole thing. I suggest, if we stop there again, we collect a few bucks from each participant and give it to Dave. He might have a bathroom we can borrow ... just sayin'.

Spencer and I will be there in our '73 BMW 3.0 CS. Looking forward to the drive, windows down all the way.

9. michaelmodes

michaelmodes Rookie

Nov 3, 2014
    I had a pleasant talk last year with David Shirey, the property owner of the Geigertown Central Railroad Museum, when he wheeled out in his electric chair to see why all the fancy cars were parked on his property. He didn't mind us being there however he did mention that he was having a tough time, and hinted that maybe we could send a little cash his way if we did it again.

How 'bout a few bucks per car if we are stopping there again this year?

Spencer and I will be there, hopefully in our '73 BMW 3.0 CS.

10. dadams73

dadams73 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Ocean City NJ
    Full Name:
    Dean
    I'm in with '73 Bora

11. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    South of the Mason-Dixon line checking in. I will be coming up for this. It will be great to see everyone again.

CC

12. B-26

B-26 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2009
    Glen Mills PA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I dont have a problem helping someone out, maybe at the kick off you can put it together.

13. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
  14. The_Pagani_Kid

The_Pagani_Kid Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2011
    MD
    Full Name:
    Eli
    +3 in addition to my dad and I

15. theallboarder

theallboarder Rookie

Oct 28, 2016
    Near Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Justin Cavallucci
    I'm in! I'll let work know now that i'll be late that day. I will also check with my father if he would like to join in and ride with me. Gonna be bringing my Stang.

What time would you say this event is going to run to?
    We will be departing from the West Chester Cars & Coffee?
    Suggested cash to bring? ($20 in ones, $50 in fives, etc)?

16. theallboarder

theallboarder Rookie

Oct 28, 2016
    Near Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Justin Cavallucci
    I'm in! I'll let work know now that i'll be late that day. I will also check with my father if he would like to join in and ride with me. Gonna be bringing my Stang.

What time would you say this event is going to run to?
    We will be departing from the West Chester Cars & Coffee?
    Suggested cash to bring? ($20 in ones, $50 in fives, etc)?

17. TurboRegal84

TurboRegal84 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2007
    Southern NJ
    Enjoy guys! I have a wedding to attend that day so I'm out.

18. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Oh man!! I have plans for that weekend but if those change I'll for sure be there. Thanks Joe

19. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    Sign me up!

20. NissanGuy23

NissanGuy23 Karting

Jan 14, 2011
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Andrew McQuaide
    I will be joining in my 1990 Nissan, windows down, and possibly shorts and t-shirt. And one other in a 2015 WRX, also windows down, possibly in bomber jacket.

21. Kubes

Kubes Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2011
    Phoenixville PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
  22. ZZM3

ZZM3 Rookie

Oct 26, 2012
    Maryland
    Hi Joe, I am in with a +1, 2004 M3, Always up for a ride for a great cause! Thanks!

23. modena2904

modena2904 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 6, 2007
    Ellicott City, MD
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Joe, I'm in. Looking forward to seeing everyone one on Saturday.

- Eric

24. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I am most likely in.

25. Pairodice

Pairodice Rookie

Nov 20, 2013
    Gwynedd Valley, PA