50 Million Dollar Ferrari Collection | FerrariChat

50 Million Dollar Ferrari Collection

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by fredhassen, Sep 16, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fredhassen

fredhassen Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Fred Hassen
  2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    What an awful video. Sorry. How can that guy manage to make it boring to look at David Lee's collection?

His collection deserves a better video.

3. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Totally agree with you. I saw an excerpt from Jay Leno's Garage last night, regarding Lee's 275 GTB4. He seems like a really nice guy, respect the others and he is very approachable. I follow him in IG and it is really a nice person. He also owned a 288 GTO Evoluzione.

4. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    lol

5. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I almost killed it after the first 60 seconds. Don't need to see this guy preening in the mirror and spinning in circles with his selfie stick.

Awesome cars though.

6. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    You got to hand it to him though, he at least gave us a chance to see those beautiful cars. Not everybody is as photogenic as me.

7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    There have been a few threads here about David Lee, and his Ferrari collection. He seems a cool guy and they're much better quality than this video IMO...T

8. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    His shirt is way too big....nice collection though!

9. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I know David through car meets, events and have bought watches personally through him. He's a very nice guy. He has two watch stores in Walnut and San Gabriel which are amazing.
    I've been to his garage and his collection is drool worthy. He also hosts his collection at Quail and Concorso Italiano.
    He also hosts regular monthly car meets at his Hing Wa Lee store in Walnut. In fact, just this past Sat he had one and was displaying his Pagani and LaF.
    Couple years ago, I was following him in his LaF on the Italian Stampede - there were a whole bunch of us in a pack of some 20 cars. Aircraft patrol pulled quite a few of us over. Fun times. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    David Lee has certainly reached celebrity-like status here in Socal with impressive Ferrari collection. It seems as if he is buying a million dollar car every month nowadays, but most people don't know the younger aspiring David Lee. It wasn't always this easy.

His pops and my pops were literally next door office neighbors in Downtown L.A for at least a good 10 years during the 80's and 90's. David would come over to my pop's office just to talk cars amongst other things. My dad purchased an NSX when it was released in the early 90's. David was intrigued by it. My dad gave him the keys and said, "go drive it for a few days." David Lee was probably 18-20 years old at the time. He was ecstatic. That might have very well been his first exotic car experience. He might not have had a sports car at the time, but was thinking back and forth about what he should get. It definitely wasn't good like these days where he can get whatever he pretty much wants. His pops might have had a say in what he could drive too. Loved his pops. Funny guy. Always laughin and crackin' jokes. I was only a kid back then. I met David again about a year ago and he said to me, "I can't believe your pops let me drive his car back then. I was just a kid."

I believe he went on to acquire a few Porsches here and there a few years later. Knowing my pops, he most likely gave ribbed him for it. My pops was always about aiming for that Ferrari dream and I am damn sure he played a part in putting some impression in David's head. But never would we have thought David would amass one of the greatest Ferrari Collections ever. I am happy for him and the successes of the Lee family.

I don't know David well as I am in a much younger age group, but as long as he doesn't forget where he came from, he's cool in my book.

11. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Cool story. Thanks

12. FerrariFire

FerrariFire Rookie

Mar 16, 2015
    Gotta say it's an ugly garage for such a nice car collection.