Looking for info on Ferrari France Challenge Cars | FerrariChat

Looking for info on Ferrari France Challenge Cars

Discussion in 'France' started by Robb, Sep 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Looking for help in identifying a friends livery for his F355 challenge car from '97 to '99. It was raced by Bernard Goury for Ferrari France in '97.

Are there Ferrari specific magazines from those years that discussed the Ferrari challenge races / results and had photos of the cars? Anyone have any scans they can share?

Anyone in France that can contribute some history of the series in Western or Central Europe?

How can he contact Ferraris France? Were there multiple dealers in France competing or just one? Pardon my lack of knowledge of Ferrari in France. Feel free to give us a rundown.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Robb

2. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Robb,

At the time the sales' network was still the historic french Ferrari sales network, structured by Charles Pozzi, the "historic" french importer, who was a close friend of Enzo Ferrari, having the same role - in a way - that Luigi Chinetti has had for the US.
    Pozzi was the importer, his "right arm" being Daniel Marin, who dealt with all commercial aspects.

The hub was in Levallois, a suburb very close from Paris. Cars sold in Paris and the Parisian region ("Ile-de-France") were sold by, and at, the Levallois hub, which was, to many young kids, "THE" toy store/factory...
    There was then a network of regional dealerships, depending from Pozzi, and representing them in the various different "provinces", for those future owners not living in Paris. So no competition.

Pozzi is still doing business under the same name, but it is not "the Pozzi of old" anymore; after Charles Pozzi's retirement and death, Daniel Marin stayed a few months more and then retired also. The Pozzi name was an asset bought with the importer's business by a company named Neubauer, but even if they still sell Ferraris under the "Pozzi" name, "it's not what it used to be", as they say...

They do not always answer enquiries, but it might be worth a try?

Rgds

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Pozzi

http://www.charles-pozzi.eu/

3. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Thank you for the background. We will get in touch. Hopefully they can provide some much needed historical info.

Robb

4. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    In the meantime I shall translate your enquiry in french and post it on our french Ferraristi forum (www.theferrarista.com) like some kind of “message in a bottle”: perhaps someone would know?
    Most forum members there also roam “ferrarichat” as well, but not all, so who knows, a stroke of luck might be possible? I’ll post a link here for you to access that message as soon as I’ll be done.

Rgds

5. MBPaki

MBPaki Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2008
    TURIN
    Full Name:
    Miki Bellagarda
    #6 MBPaki, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ecco, ciao, Miki.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login