Forza Horizon 3 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Forza Horizon 3

Discussion in 'Technology' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
    I already thrown my gamertag here (nicocodu57) ;)

2. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    My confusion was at their ''after xbox launch'' comment, i.e. no date set. I'm so out of date on console gaming and demo's etc.

All is well now though, can also game on it on PC from tomorrow onwards, though I'm just waiting on the normal release on the 27th. Reviews/gameplay vids look excellent. It's like Test Drive Unlimited and Need for Speed rolled in one, but with decent physics, not that mario kart **** from the other 2 games.

4. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I played it a bit this morning. It's Best game eva!!!!! :D

There was some confusion about Windows 10 version but it seems you can play it now if you bought Ultimate Edition so there should be PC reviews out soon.

There is a bug with FFB steering wheels so just be aware that you need to set your wheel to 540 degrees (not 900+) or FFB wont work properly.

5. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Good stuff! What's the physics like? Looks hell of a lot better than TDU, lol (as I expected). Apparently toned down a little from Forza Motorsport, but I can live with that...as long as it's not anything like TDU!

How big is the map? I checked a bit on youtube and it seemed rather...small? It seemed about the same size as GTA V.

I'll be getting mine on the 27.

6. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    I'm downloading it now. It's been 5hrs and I'm at 50%

My xbox shows the current download speed and its fluctuating between 5-11 mb/s :(

I just ran a speed test on my wifi and got 30 mb/s download

7. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Just a reminder it's a console game with a PC port ;) Don't expect a simulator. Like the other Horizon games it's not trying to be Forza Motorsport saying that tho the handling is good.

TDU2 had the worst handling physics ever haha :eek:

The map is double the size of FH2 which means nothing to you but it's large for a game of this quality but even the last game the map was fairly large.

8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Haha, no not expecting a sim, all I want is reasonable physics. As long as it's not TDU like. I remember turning on hardcore mode and all it did was turn the car into an airplane :D.

At double FH2, it looks to be around the same size as TDU. That game was huge!

9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Played it briefly (bought ultimate). Runs fantastic on my pc, no lag (though others with superior computers have huge issues).

Game is great so far, love it. Obviously not super realistic but not really looking for that in this one anyway. Got the Lamborghini Urus, and all I'm wondering is when they'll release this thing to the real world? Thing sounds awesome. **** a Cayenne or anything like it. I want an impractical, brutal sounding lambo :D

10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    About to buy the Xbox one s, can I use the Xbox 360 games I have with it, or is it a case of out with the old, and throwing it all in eBay for £10? Also going to go from PS3 to PS4, and already been told this is totally non backwards compatible, which sucks

11. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Some games are backward compatible.

There's a huge list of them on the Xbox website

12. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Awesome, I will check. Seems the ps4 is a no no, you have to buy them again

13. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Here's a link
    Xbox One Backward Compatibility | Xbox

It's not a great list but depending on what you play they might have a few games you like

14. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I bought the Ultimate edition. It gives you a bunch of free cars including the Koenigseg Regera. I got mine upgraded as much as possible to the point its too fast. Having only one gear and 1500 hp it gets to 250 in no time. Great game.

15. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    They recently announced a new deal with Porsche so hopefully that means Porsches will come in future games as standard and not DLC.

Next DLC looks like fun :eek:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxyLKhYdajk[/ame]

16. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Nice!!! On both counts!

17. leoparker990

leoparker990 Karting