should i buy a 458 spider or speciale coupe? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

should i buy a 458 spider or speciale coupe?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Fezza328GTS, Sep 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F12Berlinetta

F12Berlinetta Karting

Apr 7, 2012
    I find my Speciale sublime and almost too fun to drive. But one thing I can say is that you will still miss the radio in a Speciale, even though it absolutely does have a radio. It's the most confounding thing that Ferrari designed one of the greatest cars in history in the Speciale and installed one of the weakest radios I've heard, even worse than the old Blaupunkt in an old Fiat station wagon I drove in the early 80s.

2. AC318

AC318 Rookie

Dec 15, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Fezza328GTS

Fezza328GTS Rookie

Feb 11, 2015
    Ferrari cutting corners? :p
    I have a test drive on the speciale tomorrow afternoon so I shall report back!

4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    You know, in my Italia I didn't need a radio, in my Speciale I wanted one such was the diffference in sound between the two engines.

5. Fezza328GTS

Fezza328GTS Rookie

Feb 11, 2015
    I don't know how many of you are still following this thread, however as promised id update you on how my test drive went! I think I can say ive made my mind up... what an amazing machine! Just as described by many of you here. It truly is special! The amount of power it has is ridiculous, but maybe it is exaggerated by the fact I only drive my pre 80's Ferrari. Regardless I loved every minute of it and cant wait to buy my own!
    Thanks for the help!

6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Which one?

7. F458Spider

F458Spider Karting

Apr 12, 2015
    With spider you get two experiences. Speciale amazing, but I hate the stripe.

8. Fezza328GTS

Fezza328GTS Rookie

Feb 11, 2015
    no doubt the speciale, they really do feel like 2 different cars (the 458 spider and the speciale). it was surprisingly more comfortable than I imagined.

9. Fezza328GTS

Fezza328GTS Rookie

Feb 11, 2015
    I don't mind the stripe... I do like the purity of the car without and therefore being able to see the real Italian/Ferrari design. But, the stripe makes the car stand out! The car I drove today did have the stripe.