2009 Maserati GT S F-1 SuperFast with 24k miles (FL) | FerrariChat

2009 Maserati GT S F-1 SuperFast with 24k miles (FL)

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by uberwag, Aug 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. uberwag

uberwag Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 17, 2016
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    Preston
    #1 uberwag, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I think many know the background of these cars, but here is a brief summary from 355dreamer (who just sold his):
    "For those who might not be familiar with this particular model, Maserati began importing these cars into the US in 2009 with a rarely selected option, the F1 superfast transmission from the Ferrari 599 GTB. As the story goes, the EPA or some other group of Feds noticed the change from the ZF transmission, and told Maserati they need to crash test this particular car as it was "different" from what had been previously approved. Approximately 300 of these rare touring beasts made it into the US prior to the notice, and Maserati ceased importation in 2009 for the US, but continued to produce this ideal combination of the 430 inspired 4.7 and 599 F1 for the rest of the world."

I've owned my car for about 2 years now, and it has been perfect. Though I've had faster cars, nothing has the class of this shape, and nothing has the presence of the exhaust note. The leather is well conditioned and the car is detailed often, and driven regularly. I am selling this to convert some metal to money to target a future FF, and to make sore driveway space for an incoming Audi RS7. Both are cars I hate selling, but I can't keep them all (as my significant other is always quick to remind me).

Exterior is Nero Daytona, interior is red
    Full service in December 2015 (9mo ago) - belive clutch life at that time was 65% but will confirm on Monday.
    Current milage is 24,600
    Tires are brand new-about 1500 miles, Michelin Pilot Super Sports
    Car has wheel spacers (Formula Dynamics spec)
    Full clear bra on front bumper, side mirrors and gas cap.
    Has manuals, tools, air compressor, etc. I believe I still have the car cover but still looking for it-in storage.
    No accidents, no leaks, no mechanical issues, no modifications. Serviced at Central Florida Ferrari/Maserati as long as I've owned it.

100+ pictures and an exhaust clip: https://goo.gl/photos/t6nuwrNAWLEHzv2E7

Located in Orlando, FL, asking $58k obo
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

FCat360 likes this.
  2. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Love those cars :) Good luck with both!

3. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Good luck with the sale buddy. That's a great example.

4. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Glad to see that the ad was restored. ����

5. uberwag

uberwag Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 17, 2016
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    Preston
    Me too! PMs responded to, let me know if there are other questions or if anyone has problems with the google photos link

6. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    glws I am about to post mine as well. Its been a great car coming from three F cars and one Lamborghini. Nice to have four seats and cup holders but time for another toy. My clutch will be brand new at sale its going in next week for replacement.

7. uberwag

uberwag Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 17, 2016
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    Preston
    Mods - Please delete-going on consignment and Ferrari Central Florida will be marketing

8. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    We don't usually delete threads. I've tagged it as "Take off market."

9. uberwag

uberwag Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 17, 2016
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    Preston
    Update: back on market!
    Three updates, and a price update:
    1) I was wrong, and it will need the annual service in the first half of next year (I thought it was done when in the shop in December, but that was just an inspection with a new battery replacement).
    2) The battery is new from December!
    3) Clutch life is at 55%. Clutch was at 70% when the 15k mile service was done in 2013 (at Ray Cantena Maserati in NJ, before I bought the car), so it is averaging about 15% life per 10k miles. Maserati recommends replacement around 20-30% life left, so there is about another 30k miles at that wear rate

Considering that the annual service will need to be done within the year, dropping price accordingly to $55k or best offer. Thanks all-

10. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    Looked at a few of these but no dealers ever have service records.

11. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    very nice :) GLWS

12. uberwag

uberwag Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 17, 2016
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    Preston
    Have had a few PM's - all replied to! $55,000

Always open to offers/adjusting price as needed, just make a good argument and I'll listen! I just took a look on the web and seems like there are only three similar cars in the country that are less expensive than this one, and all have significantly more miles and/or issues.

13. MaseratiCorse

MaseratiCorse Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Sunning in every way.

14. uberwag

uberwag Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 17, 2016
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    Preston
    Post Hurricane bump! Car didn't fly away. Found a new build so less interested in trades, but more motivated to sell. Will be putting up on eBay in a few weeks, let me know if you have offers beforehand!

15. uberwag

uberwag Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 17, 2016
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    Preston
    Sale pending. Few thousand less than ideal, but glad it is (hopefully) going to a good home!

16. uberwag

uberwag Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 17, 2016
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    Preston
    Sale fell through, available again

17. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    This is a very pretty machine. Plus the rarity of the trans option makes it potentially collectible. Fellow FChatter Chad had one at the Stoogepalooza at TrojanSC's house in the Valley last week. This car definitely has presence, as in this thing is easily the size of a Scaglietti! Same color combination too. Molto bella!

18. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    Do you think the rarity, which is in the US only I believe, will translate to collectibility? I know it translates to additional expenses given the eventual clutch and pump replacements as needed, but if the rarity is limited to one country, I don't know if it will ever be worth more than other US versions of other years. I spoke with the local Maserati shop and they said the F1 version is "bad ass". They told me not to avoid the F1 but cautioned me on repair costs.

19. uberwag

uberwag Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 17, 2016
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    Preston
    #20 uberwag, Dec 11, 2016
    I recently found out I had a friend with an unlimited carfax account, so I figured I would share it for the car! No accidents or buybacks. I never cared number about number of owners, but someone did point out that CarFax says 7 transactions...but I only know of 3 owners:the owner before me, and the original owner that he knew. Maybe lien payoffs and lease re-ups being recorded as new owners? Who knows, but that's what CarFax has either way!

Also: still listening to whatever offers come before Christmas and enjoying the car while I have it :) I am going to be doing the service for next year in January/February, and will probably take it off the market for a while.

20. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    I wonder if the car world is ever going to realize how great this car is - truly feels like a Ferrari when pushed

21. uberwag

uberwag Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 17, 2016
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    Preston
    Agree. I have no problem keeping mine (as apparent considering how little effort I've been putting into selling it ha). Well, there's a problem: if I keep it, I know I'll want to do stuff to it and that means a big check for Foula Dynamics parts... ;)

22. uberwag

uberwag Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 17, 2016
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    Preston
    #23 uberwag, Jan 18, 2017
    Turns out, I was wrong - clutch life is at 53% left (less than half worn). I think I misheard them the last time it was in service and flipped the numbers for worn vs remaining, and then assumed it was wearing down faster since the last service. Amazing to think that this is the original clutch and not even half worn - they did good with this trans. See attached for printouts.

Still driving and enjoying it as a 4th car now, but know that I'll want to sell it sometime before fall this year, so trying to keep this ad up to date. Thanks all!

23. uberwag

uberwag Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 17, 2016
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    Preston
    Price and mileage update: $49,000 and miles are now 26,700. No rush to sell (it really is a great car), but ready to do it if anyone is interested! Looking to trade up into Ferrari FF (or maybe high performance wagon/SUV/sedan) - let me know!

24. FCat360

FCat360 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2014
    Radical Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Lam, Blama Lam
    Love the story on the history of these cars.

So damn tempted by this car.

But I'm already trying to move one of my "children" (Rossion Q1), as I have no space myself.