US spec F12 TDF available? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

US spec F12 TDF available?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Stevenb, Jun 16, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
  2. Darthvader

Darthvader Karting

Jan 14, 2006
    new york
    Call them and ask the price.

3. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Frightening because of handling traits not power. 38 HP with lower gearing and 200 more RPM is the delta here. Its the handling that is strange and unsettling not the power as was the case with F40's turbos.

4. vaderinc

vaderinc Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2010
    Dubai, UAE
    Full Name:
    Mario
    There is one selling in Dubai right now for around $1.06M USD

http://tnydu.biz/DOt6j5

Not a bad looking car. Grigio Titanio with Nero interior ...

5. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    best, most succinct summary of Ferrari marketing I've read. Well done!

6. dimetal

dimetal Rookie

Aug 26, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Steve Roberts
    Regarding the tdf at Fusion it has not sold as of today. Sticker is 597k and are still asking 1.5M.

7. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Very interesting for the tF is still not sold?

I guess you can ask what you want but the market decides if it's worth it or not. ;)

8. GreenLantern

GreenLantern Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2010
    CA, NV, TX
    It's just sitting there to test the market, and to draw in publicity -- doing a good job at it, too, considering the amount we're talking about it on here, and the number of related threads.

The market isn't at $1.5m, nor $1.4m, or maybe even $1.3m. If it was, it would've sold by now (as it's been on their site since early June).

9. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    The market is settling but the spec on that car could also be an issue. At that high premium you have to really like the package. We have seen many here that were just fabulous.

10. Liquid Assets

Liquid Assets Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2009
    Cloud 9
    I tried getting an allocation through the Frankfurt dealer. Have 3 cars in order and the really awesome salesguy couldn't make it happen... He called me saying they have a red on black one for 1.1€ and I said no way that's crazy. He told me it sold the same week.

I truly don't think they are worth that money and I certainly don't think anyone who pays in the 1-1.5m is going to make a dollar on it even years down the road.

11. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    I think the primary difference here is the attitude of this car. In an era where cars are becoming electrified, ever friendlier to drive -- or even autonomous -- the f12tdf has an unusual "refined rawness" that makes it quite unlike driving typical ferrari's. I wonder what other Ferrari's have that same characteristic, and the closest thing I can think of is the F40. In both cases, if you don't really like to drive or want to drive (or more likely, don't know how to drive!?), these are not the cars for you. But, if you do, they will both be more thrilling than others.

Separately, if the successor car to the F12 ends up with a KERS (or turbo), I'd expect that would also have an impact on the market in the future.

12. dimetal

dimetal Rookie

Aug 26, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Steve Roberts
    #62 dimetal, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    When inquired I had thought maybe, maybe, a 250k premium was appropriate considering what's going on with GTO prices and even that would be almost 50% sticker. I don't think a secondary dealer would pay much more than sticker for this build and risk getting hurt. It's probably just on consignment from an owner trying to flip so the dealer has no skin in the game.

13. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I don't think you are correct if the UK achieved premium is anything to go by.

14. dimetal

dimetal Rookie

Aug 26, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Steve Roberts
    There is precedence for a TDF actually selling at 100% over sticker?

15. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    Not sure how much gtos are going in international markets but I can see the premium being double that of a GTO over sticker due to the fresh deliveries of the tdf. I think that may die down in the long term as it's just due to people really wanting the latest model. But I can't see it being worth less than a GTO even if the production numbers of the GTO are less.

16. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Which they may not be.........