WUR (control pressure regulator) interconnecting line | FerrariChat

WUR (control pressure regulator) interconnecting line

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Stefan Elshout, Aug 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stefan Elshout

Stefan Elshout Karting

Dec 1, 2011
    Holland
    I was just wondering what the use is of this line connecting the 2 WUR's on a 400i.
    I understand that because of this line both K-jets will have the same control pressure. But is this really the case, if one independent WUR has 4 bar of control pressure and the other one 1 bar that they will both run on 1 bar control pressure?
    If this is the case why did they not choose to use just one WUR.
    I'm interested to know because I have a car that did not drive perfectly, one WUR was closed all the time so pressure test revealed 5.5 bar (system pressure) on this WUR all the time. Could this influence drivability if the pressures on the other side are spot on?

2. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    The idea is to allow for a slight variation from bank to bank, they spilt the difference. If you have a 4 bar difference side to side they the title of the thread would be "my 400i runs on one bank".

3. Stefan Elshout

Stefan Elshout Karting

Dec 1, 2011
    Holland
    Got it all sorted but I must say that with pressure gauges on both WUR's and interconnecting line attached it does bleed off to the WUR with the lowest pressure (which sounds logical because bleeding of to a higher pressure is kind of difficult I think) Even with one WUR fully closed it does bleed of thru the other WUR and it shows normal system pressure just like the other. But I agree that most likely they must both be spot on and that the interconnecting line is there for slight variation because otherwise it makes no sense to me that they used 2 WUR's

4. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    The CIS requires a WUR per fuel distributor, its just how the system was designed by bosch. Applying that system to a V12 (it was never intended for) by running a pair of independent fuel systems per bank is less than ideal like running two distributors on the ignition side.