348 Serie Speciale availability | FerrariChat

348 Serie Speciale availability

Discussion in '348/355' started by Ferrariboy, Aug 18, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrariboy

Ferrariboy Rookie

Mar 16, 2009
    Toronto, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Anyone know of any 348 Serie Speciale available for sale or coming up for sale soon in Canada or the US ? Must be Rossa Corsa with either a black or tan interior and must have the carbon seats. tb preferred.
    I know of the 1 ts in Philly but asking money that is a way too high in my opinion.

Thanks

2. itsablurr

itsablurr Formula 3

Dec 9, 2005
    Carlisle, MA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #2 itsablurr, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Ferrariboy

Ferrariboy Rookie

Mar 16, 2009
    Toronto, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yes, sorry, and that one. Thanks. The belts and roll cage and all the other changes make it seem a bit of a pain to get back to original. Looking for 100% stock car in excellent condition. Anyone know or seen this one ?

4. Ferrariboy

Ferrariboy Rookie

Mar 16, 2009
    Toronto, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I meant bar behind seats for belts., not roll bar.

5. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Just keep bumping this thread weekly
    Most of the 348 and 355 special editions are trading privately and keepers right now.
    Those 2 are pretty good examples.

I only know of a couple 355 challenges for sale or trade at the moment

Good luck in your search :)

6. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    Everything is for sale at the right price ;)

heck I'd even sell mine for the right $$... ok maybe not. :D

7. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What is the asking price that you say is too high, and what is your budget?

8. ghardt

ghardt Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    A nice SS will cost $$$$$ today.

9. Ferrariboy

Ferrariboy Rookie

Mar 16, 2009
    Toronto, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    The $$$ ts one is asking US$165,000 which is way out of wack. THe other is US$125,000 which is still high considering the money that would have to be put into it to get it back to original. I could see spending US$100,000 or so. That seems a fair figure for a excellent condition SS with seats and lowish miles.

10. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I know you are looking for red with tan, but I have yellow with black interior. #79 of 100.

It has 28,000 miles, is in immaculate condition, and 100% original except for the ball on the shift knob, as well as most of the interior sticky has been corrected.

Major service was done in April 2015. Every receipt/invoice is available.

I live in London, ON, which is only 1.5 hours or so west of you.

11. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    I agree 100k for a good stock orig one is a great buy it now price. I would take 2 :)

12. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    Interesting...i hadnt thought prices had climbed that high. Only issue with mine is miles...61k. All major services done, no stickies, consistent platinum Concours winner. All original items go with car too. Looks better than most of the garage queens.

Kamikaze coated too. Rims will be gyeon r2 coated this week.

71 of 100. Red over tan.

Mobilized reply by Dahveedem

13. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee

All the special edition models are really climbing. I think were not close to where its going in the near future.
    I'm holding and buying

14. 2000C43

2000C43 Rookie

Nov 28, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Full Name:
    Dean Sioukas
    The red/tan Speciale is mine. It has the original wheels and original side scoops which can be put on at no cost. It is an easy bolt on bolt off. The only other components that are not original are the four point harness and harness bar, but that is the way I received the car and the work was performed by a challenge car prep company (Algar Ferrari) and are period correct. For what it is worth, the Speedline Challenge wheels are difficult to obtain and these were purchased new by me directly from Speedline. The modified side scoops are original 348 scoops with the strakes ground off and are period correct from Challenge cars of the era. Expensive to acquire and modify. In any case, it is personal preference and this car has all the original parts, tools, books, records, two keys, and has no issues whatsoever.

15. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I have a close friend with a 348 Speciale in Ontario that he is looking to sell. All I know is that it is a Canadian car and that it is red. If you are a serious buyer I can put you into contact with him. This car is 100% unadvertised and is my friends personal car that he has had for quite a long time and he wants to move on to something else. What I do know is that he is a very neat and tidy guy and having only briefly looked at the car it looked extremely nice and well kept. PM me if interested and I can make the introduction. Please note I have no interest in the sale of this car and will profit nothing from it either.