Enzo 51080 Drug seizure auction | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Enzo 51080 Drug seizure auction

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Benternet, Jul 6, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. emcauto

emcauto Karting

Jul 1, 2009
    Were most of these owners drug lords or the less entrepreneurial ones like us?

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    KB! How are you, mate?!? I hope all is well. I've been pretty busy lately, and I haven't had a chance to go through my messages - please pardon my extreme tardiness, but I'm definitely not ignoring anyone.

The first Enzo I ever saw in person was 131242, and it was sitting right in the middle of the Ferrari of Long Island showroom. It was beautiful and perfect and polished and clean and shiny black - with a full red leather interior. I was mesmerized. Then, 11 months later, I was running around Monterey, and on the day of Concorso Italiano, I saw a red Enzo - just sitting there, on the freshly manicured grass, looking perfect - there was a cop standing behind it just throwing wads of speeding tickets at it, one after another, because it just LOOKS like it's going too fast, event when it's standing still.

But behind it - parked next to it, but behind it from where I was standing - was a black Enzo. Freshly detailed, gleaming and black and perfect. The doors were open, and the inviting interior beckoned someone - anyone - with its smooth, all black leather, to just get in and drive and never look back. It was all black, inside and out, and I was instantly in love.

And, sure, I've seen other black Enzos before and since then; I've seen other all-black Enzos, too. But 134282 was the first one I saw. Hell, I've even seen all-black Enzos with black wheels, which is even better! But 134282 was my first, and you never forget your first.

Only the cool Enzos are owned by drug lords; like my uncle, he has three, but they're all registered in my name. The less entrepreneurial-owned Enzos are boring; boooooooring. Except for 134282; the owner's not a drug lord, but the car is still cool. If you have an Enzo and you want it to be cool, it might be time to invest in a side business. Just remember, a mountain pound is 454 grams.

3. emcauto

emcauto Karting

Jul 1, 2009

real clown ? how old are you.............immaturity really shows

your a consultant? on the forum how sad

4. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    It's difficult to maintain this charade. I've been trolling you since the first comments. I'm just in disbelief that you'd get genuinely angry and frustrated by comments made on the Internet by someone you don't know and have never met. I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself; I just never envisioned you'd actually get irritated by my comments.

5. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Excuse me sir, but who the heck are you and what's with the pissy attitude?

-F

6. emcauto

emcauto Karting

Jul 1, 2009
    You have consultant that thinks drug lords are more entrepreneurial than the rest of us.

Hes trolling me?

That doesn,t deserve a comment.

You are?

7. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Let's settle down, Gentlemen....

furmano, NNO... come on... let's play nice.

emcauto. Some things you might want to consider:

1. There's a reason 134282 is a consultant. Perhaps you might want to find out why before getting your panties in a wad.

2. At least from a posting perspective, you aren't an FChat 'Power User.' So, you don't know the personalities involved.

3. Everything should be taken with a large grain of salt. Don't get stressed over what some apparently Enzo-obsessed smart alec says about entrepreneurs. You'll have a much better day by just letting it go.

NNO... stop trolling, regardless of how opportune the target.

Mike

8. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    I apologize for getting into emcauto's space when I probably shouldn't have. I was just getting defensive on Carbon's behalf. :)

-F

9. emcauto

emcauto Karting

Jul 1, 2009
    Why is 134262 a consultant I cant find this information,,,,,,,,,,

My panties are not in a wad ?

Sorry Im not f chat power user? How do you become a POWER USER??????????So I can get to know both personalities.

I do take everything with a grain of salt, I'm not stressed over it.

10. emcauto

emcauto Karting

Jul 1, 2009
    It is an old usergroup we have been intending to transition out for awhile. A little complex because everyone in Consultant will be spread into about 5-6 existing usergroups based on SME area, activity, etc. No one has been added to Consultant in maybe 5+ years.

Rob lays words

Consultants are users first. they all earned Consultant for being experts in particular areas that were of benefit to other users and FerrariChat. For example, Art is a great lawyer on top of being an ex-pro racer and long time Ferrari enthusiast. Art has helped numerous users over the years including FerrariChat with legal matters. Also keep in mind it doesn't matter if user is Moderator, Consultant, Honorary, etc. You break rules, you get moderated! I guarantee you there are a few Consultants with extensive moderation histories and there may have even been some in past perm banned.

11. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    emc - you're putting way too much of not enough thought into this.

Wisest words ever are "Let it go" and they certainly apply here.

>8^)
    ER

12. emcauto

emcauto Karting

Jul 1, 2009
    I have thanks

13. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    Heard from a reliable source that they were recently offered $2.6M for it and turned it down.

14. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Sigh. Okay, fine.

...Mike, you know I can never say no to you and your silky sexy radio voice.

I love this place!

It's not 134262, it's 134282 - 134262 is, like, a 360 or something; 134282 is the most beautiful black Enzo the world has ever known.

And I'm not really sure any more why I'm a consultant. I think it's because I write good. Or I think Rob really likes all the different usernames I've begged him to change over the years.

It kinda seemed like they were - which is why I even started trolling you in the first place. But it's humid out right now, and so once they get in a wad, it gets very uncomfortable. So it's best not to let them wad up in the first place.

Over time, users who participate and consistently contribute to the forum, and add quality via new threads, and add quality to existing threads, are eventually considered power users. The occasional argument with a fellow user won't detract from the possibility of becoming a power user - in fact, some users built their power user status on an infrastructure of arguing - but doing it all the time will chisel away at the proverbial welcome mat.

You did seem kinda stressed over it - hence the wadded panty comments.

15. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    With the car consigned to the auction, they likely want to see how that goes before considering other offers.

16. YellowF50

YellowF50 Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    K B
    Hi. Yeah I'm good thanks. !

Hope you are too, ! Thanks for answering the 134282 question. Who would of thought it would create more drama than an episode of the kardasians. Sorry for that.

Anyway I know you are extremely busy lately and constantly have a full inbox but I hope you still ploughing through your work and consider what I proposed regarding your treasure trove.

Just keep going with it.

KB

17. emcauto

emcauto Karting

Jul 1, 2009
    you're putting way too much of not enough thought into this.

Wisest words ever are "Let it go" and they certainly apply here.

18. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Indeed I have an inbox full of messages - hesitant to answer most of them until I'm prepared to reply right then and there, or else I'll likely forget about them altogether. My e-mail is my username at Gmail if you want to resend what you proposed.

19. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    Black Enzos matter....

20. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    Drug seizures and resulting sales by the Feds are responsible for a number of uber Ferraris reaching the open market and the government receiving a windfall----in November 1987 we bought our 250 GTO 4757 at the US Marshal auction sale in New Haven, Conn. for $1.6 million--today that would not buy an Enzo.

Going to keep happening as long as drug money chases collectibles.

21. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Well done !

22. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    and now it will be at mecum tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    No sale @ 2.2

24. GreenLantern

GreenLantern Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2010
    CA, NV, TX
    Completely missed that this went up at Mecum. Yeah, eh.

25. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    The highlight is when smoke was pouring out of the rear of the clutch as the mecum driver toasted the clutch. The whole room smelled and the had to push it from there on. Also no saled at $2.1 and I don't think it was live money. The red one no saled @ $2.5

PS. I have a short video with the smoke, gotta see how to post it