The Swiss Thread | Page 48 | FerrariChat

The Swiss Thread

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Pav, Aug 29, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Will, that doesn't make sense - contact Filipe at Niki Hasler in Basel - not only do they keep tires on stock, they don't rip you off.... I just did 4 new shoes for my F12 after our Stelvio trip, all-In with tax and mounting etc was 1800chf --- and that's for F12 tires which are bloody expensive

2. MrFloppi

MrFloppi Karting

Mar 15, 2014
    1800 CHF sounds really fair for switzerland!
    I've paid approx 1.600 Euro / 1.750 CHF in december in Germany for 4x MPSS tires on my F12.

In this case I don't have to double the costs from Germany to Switzerland to get the same products ;-)

3. William Tell

William Tell Karting

Sep 2, 2014
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Villi
    So I should just get the two Bridgstone from Foitek?
    Forget Germany?

4. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    #1179 F12KID, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    it's fair for mpss in F12 sizes - seems almost the same price, or close to it, for willtell's 360 spider sizes.
    @william tell - check with the gents I suggested-just for your reference. pm if you want their contact details etc

5. Federico368

Federico368 Karting

Aug 26, 2011
    Hi guys, I wanted to share with you a pic about yesterday drive on the Nufenen Pass , amazing!

[​IMG]

6. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Hey Fede - Nice pic indeed!!

Markus

7. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Philipp – Welcome to the Swiss thread on F-Chat!

As Villi mentioned (thanks Villi!!) we would be glad if you would join our Ferrari Drivers Club. I will send you a PM with more info.

Re tours:
    - 27./28. August we do a weekend in Allgäu including visiting the car collection of a friend of mine
    - 25. September is the Zurich/Aargau tour that Villi mentioned
    - 15. October we have rented the small track in Lignieres exclusively

Let me know if/when you want to join us.

Markus

8. MrFloppi

MrFloppi Karting

Mar 15, 2014
    #1183 MrFloppi, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    F12Kid and Marcel recommend Niki Hasler dealership in Basel to me and with F12Kid's mentionend price for the F12 tires their prices seems fair to me, if I compare to my old dealer in Germany. I get discounted prices due to the lots of cosmetic works on my F12 (re-painted the whole car, carbon parts, etc.) and my tire price was nearly equal to F12Kid's price in Switzerland.

I would give them a try and let them give you a quote for the Bridgestones.

I will contact them too in the next weeks to help me with the outstanding MFK and some service works.

Best regards,
    Phil

9. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013

Will you post some pictures of your F12 on the F12 picture forum please ? What colour was it and what colour is it now?

10. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Villi
    Don't buy your tyres from an F Dealer, totally over priced. Go to a good tyre shop.

A good tyre shop is like a good mechanic, once you found one, never let him go :)

11. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Philippe, welcome to Fchat. Pics of your F12 please :)

12. mdoc3

mdoc3 Karting
    Owner

Jun 12, 2014
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Martin

William, I order all the tires for my cars here:
    Reifen online @ ReifenDirekt.ch: Winterreifen, Sommerreifen, Pkw-Reifen und Reifenhandel

Very competitive prices, you will save more than 50% on your Bridgestones. I remember some review about the Michelins being the better choice for the 360 though.

Martin

13. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Martin, in my experience, the only problem with reifendirekt is then finding a friendly shop to fit them. Most are not happy.

A bit like taking your own food to a restaurant and offering to pay to use their knives and forks :D

14. NelsonAbreu

NelsonAbreu Karting

Feb 6, 2016
    But I'm pretty they have partners shops where you can fit them with no problems.

15. mdoc3

mdoc3 Karting
    Owner

Jun 12, 2014
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Simon, they have around 2000 partner garages, you can look them up using your zip code. Costs include shipping to any designated adress in Switzerland, including one of these garages. Very happy with this service in the past (shipping takes around 2-3 working days).
    Martin

16. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    This is just my experience, but the 2 times I order from reifendirekt, the partner garage still was not 100% happy fitting the tyres. They even charged my more for fitting than if I had bought my tyres from them.

I agree their prices are low, but I tried it a few times and probably won't do it again.

17. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Villi, I don't know what size you use 275 40 R18 or 285 35 R18? but a quick price check on reifendirekt shows from 220-290chf for various Bridgestones in those sizes. Add on 20chf per wheel for mounting and balancing and you could be perhaps 200chf cheaper than the dealer per tyre. Go to a tyre shop and perhaps you pay 30-50chf per tyre more than Reifendirekt. Still a big saving over the dealer

Just a quick back of a beer mat calculation.

18. William Tell

William Tell Karting

Sep 2, 2014
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Villi
    Thanks guys. My rims are stock and I currently have Bridgestone Potenza:
    Front: 215/45/R18
    Rear: 275/40/ZR18 (99Y)

ReifenDirect is less than half the price, and I am sure mounting them will be twice as expensive at Foitek, so looking at savings of ca. CHF 500.00 for just the two back tires.

May change to Pirelli, but then I guess I have to change all four.

Will pop over tomorrow to a tire shop in Germany and see what they have on offer. Will let you know how that goes.

Foitek also pointed out that I should replace the break pads and disk on the front left hand side. A bit odd, as I thought you change the pads on all wheels at the same time, and the disk seems ok (no wobble when breaking). Quote was around CHF 1500.00 so I figure I will take the car to Romanshorn and have them do it.

19. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Villi – Taking your car to Karl in Romanshorn is a good decision for sure. He will sell and mount tires too. Sure cheaper than Foitek but not as cheap as Reifendirekt I assume.

Re tires: I would avoid Pirelli PZero. I had 3 sets of them on my 575M and they lasted between 4 000 and 5 000 on the rear axle! If PSS (Pilot Super Sport) are available in your size then these are the tires to go. They last much longer and stick better to the road in dry and even in wet conditions.

I had Potenzas on my 512 TR and was quite satisfied with them.

Markus

20. MrFloppi

MrFloppi Karting

Mar 15, 2014
    The color was and is rosso berlinetta 3-layer paint. I had the car at the dealer for re-painting the front and fenders due to rock chips and after that, they should vinyl wrap the front.
    But the color didn't match 100 % to the other parts and the new paint was miles ahead from the factory paint quality and I decided to ra-paint the whole car.

The paint is now nearly perfect without orange peels or something like that.

At the moment I'm unable to upload my pictures, but you can see the car at the website autogespot.nl

Here is a picture of my F12

http://ag-spots-2016.o.auroraobjects.eu/2016/07/17/ferrari-f12berlinetta-c714717072016221002_2.jpg

Best regards,
    Philipp

21. NelsonAbreu

NelsonAbreu Karting

Feb 6, 2016
    Do you have some interior shots? Thanks

22. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
  23. NelsonAbreu

NelsonAbreu Karting

Feb 6, 2016
    Yeah, where most of the car spotters are.

24. MrFloppi

MrFloppi Karting

Mar 15, 2014
    Yes, they are on my PC. I'll check later and searching for webspace.

25. barabba

barabba Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2007
    Ticino / Zurich
    Reifendirekt has the Bridgestone rear tires for the F12 for approx CHF 300...