Marriage For Men SUCKS! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Marriage For Men SUCKS!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by modernman, Jul 16, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. modernman

modernman Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 2, 2012
    If people went sky diving and were told that in over 60% of the cases the parachute won't open, I doubt anyone would take that jump. However, with weddings men are somewhat more gullible. The women that existed 40 years ago, are long gone. You were one of the last generations to have more or less "decent women". The game has changed now with third wave feminism creating wyMEN... not women.

The way I see it, the best choice is being single, especially if you have finances, property and F cars.

2. richard k

richard k Karting

Nov 2, 2009
    Irricana Alberta
    Would I ever marry again probably not. Odds are over 55% will end up in divorce and I am betting another 25% are not happy but stay in there marriage for whatever reason. So 80% and that is 1 in 5 will work. Men really don't change much but ladies sure do. I laugh when I here of someone I know getting married. I think it should be mandatory for all couples who are getting married to spend a few days in divorce court just to get an idea of what is in store for most of them.

3. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Marriage is a life lottery, the odds are not good but some folks win and I was lucky ( although were warned by family members that I was doomed from the beginning for marrying a model and former finalist of Miss Universe, well, 25 years later I'm still as happy as ever).
    Btw, there is this saying: Men marry hoping that the women would never change, women marry that the men would change and both are wrong in the end.
    In my personal case that hope really became a reality as I am different person now and she is even better then before.

4. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    It is no wonder you are single. With that attitude no woman would want to be in a relationship with you.

5. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I said the same exact thing in the other thread. BTW, did you notice he's now banned?

6. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Not going to shed a tear over that one..

7. shootermcgavin

Jul 10, 2016
    i was wondering what was wrong w/his medula oblongata?

8. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    I was married once...for 3 years, made a great son during our union, lost/sold a great Countach to 'settle$' with the mother of said son. Took me 15 years to find my way back to another Countach - whew :D

Congrats to those of you that found and were able to stay/thrive with a good woman over many decades, wow. Personally love being single, have cars, $, gf's...'big Pimpin ain't ez!' :)

9. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Pm sent.

10. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    After seeing how ugly my parents divorce was in senior year of high school as well as some other close friends the same time and what it did to us and our younger siblings, I decided marriage is not for me. 13 years later I still feel the same.

I still think the idea of marriage is great in theory and I can see it being a lot of fun if it's the right person that also ends up being your best friend. But since I've seen things go downhill that started with the best intent and to this day things are still bitter it's not worth it IMO.

11. Kravchak

Kravchak Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2005
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Married 31 years and still having fun... Pick wisely grasshopper

12. Kravchak

Kravchak Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2005
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I Have to Agree with you on this, I see the women my kids come home with and i just shake my head, different generation than us 50s and 60s kids

13. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Nope don't believe in marriage.
    I won't support anyone except my dogs
    Everyone else is on their own to support themselves or die. I'm a realist.

BTW I been living happily with the same girl for 15 years :)

14. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    My divorce almost put me underground. I was so depressed.

Acceptance is one of the stages of grief. Sometimes it never comes. Not sure if that's your definition of it here. I'm glad that you're doing better.

15. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I've been married twice. I would never have married either of them had I lived with them for even a few months.

16. efoss348

efoss348 Rookie

Aug 15, 2016
    Oklahoma City
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I'm a divorce mediator. I own a website that specializes in Oklahoma Divorce. We try to help couples settle their divorce out of court, instead of going through lengthy litigation! I'm convinced that lawyers cause more issues that make divorce ridiculous than what the couple's arguments/disputes actually do!

I had a client couple who actually spent $125k EACH on attorneys, lasted 5 years, and still weren't divorced! After selling a couple of rent houses to pay for lawyer fees, they came to us and settled.

GET THIS! I had an Uncontested Divorce setup for them to file about 6 years earlier! They had everything split equally, and they had agreed upon custody, visitation and child support of the children.

The wife's best friend convinced her that she should get a lawyer to "protect" her.

I wonder how much protection she gained after 5 years and $250k and 4 rent houses down the drain?

Guess what? After we completed Divorce Mediation, we ended up using the uncontested divorce papers, minus a little reduction in the property area. Oh, and one child graduated high school, so had to remove him from documents!

WOW!

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Eric is a tournament fishing buddy, I said he could post here answer any questions etc.

18. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    How??? How can a judge award her more money 11 years after she stopped being part of your life???

19. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    A few months???

Me:
    Knowing her closely since 38 years.
    Living together since 36 years.
    Married since 31 years.

Still ... ;o)))

20. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Well , it's either let go or get dragged. I've made complete peace with the situation after being dragged for some time. :)

21. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    Because we're not getting the full story, that's how.

22. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011

Self inflicted. They both had to sign court documents.

you got them after they were done fighting but place blame on a third party for their own bull****.

I am still certified as family law mediator in three jurisdictions. I trained court magistrates on the process. It's infair to get people when they're finally ready to settle but say they would have done the same but for divorce attorneys.

23. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

The rest of the story is because I was making more money and if you go to trial it's open ended forever unless there is a permanent settlement. I could also take her back to court today if there is a substantial change in my income and visa-versa.

24. big ease

big ease Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2008
    I got life time without the possible of freedom!!!

25. ginge82

ginge82 Formula 3

Jul 23, 2012
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Art Corvelay
    A woman who won't sign a prenup isn't worth marrying.