NASCAR 2016 | Page 14 | FerrariChat

NASCAR 2016

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tervuren, Feb 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nice. :(

2. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    #327 tervuren, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    Awww, you've offended Dale Jr. No Mountain Dew for you young man!

If you want to know my credentials, the next time you run into Joey Logano, ask him if "Flange" was any good in a go kart. ;)

3. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    +10 and thanks for saving me the time of having to write out how rude I find his remarks.

4. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011
    it would be a way of doing away with the restricter plate racing.

thinking a "bus stop" could be enough to reduce speed and separate the cars... kill building up momentum running in the draft... "two car tango"... pack racing etc and let the drivers race with unrestricted power... large packs of cars racing is boring, drivers waiting for the "big one" to happen from some unseen aero effect to upset a car and remove half of the field from competition while relegating some hulks to circulate .... the shorter tracks put on a better show than the plate tracks

NASCAR has bought up a few road course tracks and could easily integrate them into the schedule or create a separate road racing series for the cup cars...

5. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    Yup, I'd love to see one of the second daytoner summer race use the bus stop. Also take one of them thar tallerdayger races and use that wide back straighterway with the spiffy paved run off area and set up a few curves on it.

Although I think mentionin' more road courses is just NASCAR's way of telling the existing tracks "you need us more than we need you."

6. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    they own most of the existing tracks ;)

of course they also own Sebring and Road Atlanta....:)

7. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The Infinity guys trying to run in the rain at MidOhio. USA network.

8. I goes by Billy-Bob Jones an I drivin a Nissan 962 in Indy 500 on 1964. I kant say anyeethin smart wit an IQ of 62, and wernt "criticizing your criticisms", jus the "facks" they wuz based on.

I'm outed, you gots me. Ime is a stoopid "internet troll" and I luv to go frum bord to bord cirticizin an beeliddlin. Ise doan member demandin no bodies rispect and hafta go back an reeds what I writ.

I thinks i bee bettuh to piss off then bea pissed on.

Mize attitude? Most folks that is confidint in thays oan ritin isent fended by it, likes I isent fended frum no one heeah. But, use knows, wit that thair scor of 62, ignorentz am bliss.

But, have a nice day. Back to the "taxis " in da rein.

9. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Phase Dance?

10. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    That race was very entertaining. I may go next year, even if it's dry.

11. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have a season pass and 40 mile south. Just couldn't make it. I would have goretexed me and the camera up and got out my ladder with a bracket for an umbrella. Oh well.

12. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

lol...well played:)

13. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Chris Buescher finished fifth at Bristol yesterday, putting him 30th in points and thereby earning him a Chase spot.

:cool:

14. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Looking at comments on racing sites with regard to NASCAR, people are actually blaming
    the low TV ratings and noticeably fewer fans in the stands on (wait for it...) Toyota.

Yes, Toyota, who's participation in NASCAR goes back to 2004 when they entered the
    Trucks division is the culprit for ruining NASCAR. Not the ever changing rules, the ever
    shifting landscape on who gets into the "Chase" or the completely over the top television
    broadcasts that hype events to levels no event may ever live up to.

Nope, NASCAR's demise is all on Toyota for forcing NASCAR to make these rules changes
    in order to accommodate dem dere furrin cars. Because, of course, one of the world's
    largest automobile manufacturers could not be successful on their own.

Let the finger pointing begin!

BHW

15. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    Take a normal street parking curb that people run their front or rear tires too to know when to stop, and make that a front and rear ride height check. Cable Tow the car over an aggressive speed bump, if anything hits, fail.

They were able to get away with a cookie cutter car with stickers, when the body work didn't stay touching the ground. I tried watching the restart of Bristol, but lost interest fast.

Pocono was pretty decent, and NBC didn't live up to their normal horrible coverage.

16. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
  17. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
  18. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    Wow, I'd be pulling my sponsorship were I in that position. Way to put the officials and photographers at risk there.

19. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    A few years ago I was asked on the NASCAR site with a pop up to take a survey. I took the survey, and it had a "comments" at the end. By the next race event, my cheif problem with the website that I put in comments section was fixed.(Unable to find qualifying results setting the starting grid on front page of race day.)

Their "new" website that is I think still the current model, is unusable to me, it no longer contains real journalism. Its just a lot of video adds and clickbait titles.

20. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Whatever will keep NASCAR Trucks relevant and in the news. Who even knew they were
    racing at Mosport this weekend?

With names like Cole Custer and John Hunter Nemechek coming along, makes one wonder
    if NASCAR is breeding future stars at their Technology Center in Charlotte. Next thing you
    know, Custer and Nemechek will be banging rental car fenders out on Daytonner Beach.

BHW

21. Aaaahhh, you're at it again. So shall I.

'Know nuttin' 'bout Cole, but, 19 year old John, yes.

'Ever heard of his father, Joe?

22. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    From the same hometown, Lakeland, as Joe.

We're from the same neighborhood.

BHW

23. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    Cole Custer has got it, any race I've seen him in, he's driving above his pay grade. The harder the track, the more it depends on the driver, the better his result.

24. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Commiserations for Custer as it was his race until Nemechek started banging into him
    and then deliberately pinned him to the wall.

It would be interesting to see on-board footage from Namechek's truck as it appears
    as though he just grabbed the wheel with both hands and yanked full opposite lock
    left.

Has NASCAR leveled any penalties or are they still huddled deep in the fake wood
    paneled offices in Daytonner trying to figure it all out?

BHW

25. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    Actually, it was Nemecheck's race until the race was put into an "overtime caution" that let Custer by. Custer did similar himself last year to Matt Crafton, but didn't get away with it as it wasn't a last lap move.

Penalties are announced today, Tuesday. I doubt it. Nascar did not initially declare a winner, so I think it will stick.