VIN check/emissions in Fairfield county, CT | FerrariChat

VIN check/emissions in Fairfield county, CT

Discussion in 'New England' started by jlclt348, Jul 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jlclt348

jlclt348 Karting

Jul 7, 2013
    Ridgefield, CT
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Just moved to Ridgefield, CT from Charlotte, NC. Trying to find an emissions testing station that either has a pit or can get my 360 up on a lift. No luck so far. Can anyone recommend a shop where I can get this done, so I can transfer my registration? Thank you!

2. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #2 johnk..., Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    Can't imagine why you are having a problems. Lots of 360s around CT. Your car does not need to be run for emissions. The emission is just and OBD II plug-in. Shouldn't need to be placed on the dyno. But, for what ever reason, if it's a problem with the car being too low you will need to find a test center with an in ground dyno. There aren't too many in the state. The DMV can help you locate one. Call 1-888-828-8399. You might also check with Miller Motors (Ferrari dealer) in Greenwich. Any test center can do the VIN check.

3. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    Go to the Shell station on US1 in Greenwich, CT they have a flat floor and just plug into OBDII port. They are open Saturdays too. Most places have those stupid old style ramps needed for OBDI cars and low cars can't get up.

I just had my 430 tested here a few weeks ago.

I think a VIN check can be done at Norwalk DMV right near Route 7.

4. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    He is having problems because most places have ramps he cannot get on. It is a real hassle to get the test done in CT as the places are for regular cars not these cars. Miller will not do emissions tests as they would have to accept the general public and all cars and it is not worth the $20 fee.

5. mulo rampante

mulo rampante Formula Junior

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
    A lot of the places that do the emissions test will also do a VIN verification. The official list of places that will perform the VIN verification is here: DMV: VIN Stations

6. Edc2104

Edc2104 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2011
    Greenwich CT
    Full Name:
    Evan
    P1 Motorsports in Stamford.
    Tommy and his crew are THE Ferrari guys.

7. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Yes, I understood that. Having brought a non OBD II 355 in from out of state I am aware of the routine. DMV can provide a list if station with in ground dyno (flat floor). I figured Miller could direct him to a suitable station, not test. But a 360, being an OBD II car doesn't need to be dyno tested and some stations will simply run the connection to the car, if it will reach, w/o placing it on the dyno.

Either way, I'm sure the OP will not have a problem getting the car tested.

8. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    ? I just checked the Connecticut site for emissions test centers and P1 is not on the list.
    Find a Test Center « CT Emissions

9. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.

Before you go make sure you pre test it with a scan tool to ensure all monitors are on otherwise you will fail for car not ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.

I hear those guys are great for repairs. I bet they send people to Hank Mays Good Year around the corner that Miller recommended to me. That place has a short steep ramp and they back the low cars in. My buddy with a Gallardo went there too as he had trouble finding a suitable place. Only problem is line is long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. StallionRx

StallionRx Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    South CT
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Ugggh yes....I waited almost 2 hours mid-day Wednesday to get my car tested at Hank Mays.

Late to the discussion, but in case anyone else is wondering...

I recently went to Broadbridge Automotive in Stratford on a Saturday morning and it was only myself and a shelby mustang waiting.

They let me drive in and plug the scanner in myself. They didn't even touch the car.

Super easy...only thing is the shop opens at 7, but the emissions computer doesnt log into the state until 8.

12. jlclt348

jlclt348 Karting

Jul 7, 2013
    Ridgefield, CT
    Full Name:
    Justin
    FYI - I ended up taking the car to Miller so they could clear some codes before taking it over for testing. Thanks for all the info.

13. MikeS

MikeS Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Mike S
    Briggs Firestone in Norwalk has a flat ramp tester. Could not be more helpful or careful with your car. Not long lines. Show up at 8am.