Speciale wrecked at C&C | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Speciale wrecked at C&C

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by drcollie, Aug 6, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    Here's how she mounted her new tag: ǝpuoןq qɯnp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    The Mercedes could have just driven forward to exit her parking spot.

Totally stupid. Look behind and turn your head. I think she should have gotten a traffic ticket for careless driving.

3. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    $50k in repairs?

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I think that was "Cars and Irish Coffee" :)

5. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Interestingly, Katies Coffee is connected to and owned by the Irish pub next door. Not kidding.

Sent from my SM-N900A using Tapatalk

6. IcedAmericano

IcedAmericano Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2013
    SoCal.
    Sh*t happens. If you want a garage queen or investment car, keep it in the garage.

The way the comments were said, he sounded like a ***** to me. :(

7. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    how unfortunate!
    I think the driver was too shocked to say anything. I think she realized the magnitude of the price and was trying to take it all in. Had it been a Civic, methink she would have had her faculties.

8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Pretty sure if some lady backed into my Speciale causing the car to be away for God knows how long at a repair shop, and then to have now a car fax "story" attached to the car likely causing significant added depreciation....you'd hear an F-bomb out of my mouth...and likely out of 90% of all you as well.
    Gimme a break.

9. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    It's just a car.

You can tell a persons true self in trying situations.

10. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I'm betting stupid flip-flops. (To say stupid "girly" flip-flops would be redundant.)

11. 2Veloce

2Veloce Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2014
    annapolis, maryland
    Full Name:
    Al
    #61 2Veloce, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2016
    It was a bad date at Katie's CnC, a 28yo died in a crash on the way..They think he might have been avoiding a deer in the early am. Puts things in perspective..

Very sad news about the car crash that morning.
    Driver lost his life at age 28.

More info here:
    https://fcpdnews.wordpress.com/2016/08/06/fatal-crash-in-reston/

12. John458

John458 Karting

Nov 24, 2014
    Ohio
    #62 John458, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2016
    If you look at other videos on YouTube, the Mercedes was parked quite far from the Speciale so I have no idea what that lady was thinking other than she thought she was in drive instead of reverse.

I would think the Speciale owner will have to sue the mercedes owners for loss of value even after the Speciale gets fixed.

By the way, those of you calling names to the Speciale owner, do you ow a Ferrari? I get it that **** happens but it's a natural reaction to be quite surprised and upset. He handled it well IMO.

13. supratime

supratime Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2006
    Sucks for both parties.. Sometimes when there's no rational explanation, people seek a higher power for answers.. I'm gonna start attending church and repent my sins.. I'm a good person and not religious but seriously, this is the work of the devil. Very sad... any loss big or small..sometimes it's just not fair. Karma comes back around tho...

14. 458trofeo

458trofeo F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    City of Angels
    Full Name:
    101 aki
    Yessss!

15. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    All things considered I think the Fcar owner was a saint. If I was the husband getting out of the MB I would have been a lot more angry at my wife for doing that.

16. mswiek

mswiek Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Well, that's the way the Mercedes bends !!

17. Subarubrat

Subarubrat Formula 3

Apr 1, 2009
    VA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I try to go about once a month, and had already planned to go this coming SAT, I am betting on record attendance with people hoping to see a repeat.

18. GRZEPAPA

GRZEPAPA Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    Wow that is extremely bad. I would be very ticked off as well. He looked pretty calm to me. There was miles of room up in front of the car so don't understand why the driver was so close. One thing I noticed, and its hard to tell from the video but wow the car withstood very well. Doesn't look like any actual damage or broken parts. Sure probably an new paint job- not cheap but no broken front bumper, fins or event the light that I can see. If that is actually the case, well done Ferrari for building a very strong car!

19. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    #69 Stevenb, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Definitely damage. With it having the stripe as well, the repair will be very expensive
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Very sad, and totally unnecessary

21. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I'd be extremely pissed.....inside.....then I would cry profusely in front of everyone....

Does anyone know how they calculate diminished value on a car?

22. 458trofeo

458trofeo F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    City of Angels
    Full Name:
    101 aki
    Excellent!! Had me laughing out loud LMAO, same here btw xoxoxo

23. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    #74 KennyH, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My 360 Spider was in a low speed parking garage accident with the attendant at the wheel - and it appears to have had similar damage (bumper, hood, headlight, paint work) as this Speciale. On my end, the repairs totaled $44,100 and took ~9 months for the authorized Ferrari dealership to get it back on the road. Granted, they had to find brand new 360 Spider parts in 2013 - and a number of weeks were spent waiting for insurance to approve the repairs...

Diminished value aside (I paid up for a no-stories, clean car-- and it now had a story), a significant amount of time and energy was spent fighting with my insurance company, the offending insurance company, and pushing the dealership to complete the work. The loss of use of the car was also inconvenient as it was my sole car at the time.

While I had a different reaction when my car was damaged (I felt bad for the attendant as he likely was going to lose his job - so I tried to reassure him that it wasn't a big deal and not to worry about it), I don't blame the Speciale owner whatsoever. Assuming he has a similar experience as I did, he's looking at a meaningful amount of time on the phone dealing with insurance company BS and coordinating the repairs - not to mention the instant financial hit.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. aviator88

aviator88 Karting

May 13, 2015
    Johannesburg
    Agree this seems the most likely scenario. Although you'd think that when taking her foot off the brake, the car would start drifting backwards on level ground before putting her foot on the gas pedal, thereby giving her time to react. Unless she was driving a manual, or left foot braking!!