Does the new GTC4Lusso have a start/stop feature? | FerrariChat

Does the new GTC4Lusso have a start/stop feature?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Future328, Jul 31, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Future328

Future328 Rookie

Sep 9, 2014
    SoBe
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    As the title says. If so, can it be turned off?

Seems like the FF had it (could you turn it off on those?), but it seems from what research I could do that the GTC4Lusso doesn't have it?

Anyone know?

2. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    I don't think it does. It's not listed if you check fueleconomy.gov that lists all of those sort of specs on cars.

I have a question though, does the GTC4 have cylinder deactivation? And if so, is it defeatable?

3. Replevin

Replevin Karting

Oct 29, 2014
    Washington, DC
    Yes, it is available with the HELE system (don't know whether this is an option as it was in the FF). Assume you can turn it off. You can in the FF.

See Fuel Consumption tab.

http://gtc4lusso.ferrari.com/en_us/technical-specifications/

4. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    FF has it - all Swiss models come with it, like it or not. There is a button where reading lights are that activates/de-activates it. The cars that do have HELE have "quieter" fans and upgraded alternator - so I'm told

Re GTC4 Lusso - same HELE system and activation/de-activation will be possible

5. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    It is standard on the Lusso and yes it can be deactivated by the button on the top centre console

6. Future328

Future328 Rookie

Sep 9, 2014
    SoBe
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    #6 Future328, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I don't know if the GTC4Lusso HELE system includes start/stop to be quite honest.

A few websites mention the HELE, but it seems to be a different system than on the FF.

I found this which specifically mentions the lack of start/stop.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Future328

Future328 Rookie

Sep 9, 2014
    SoBe
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    #7 Future328, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Do you know what button would deactivate start/stop if it has it? Seems to have six buttons, two rows of three...I was able to find two shots, one is kinda far away, the other doesn't show the other row of buttons though. It seems the closest row of threes outer two at least are just light switches, middle one as well. Can't tell what the three further away ones are though...

Thanks.

8. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    No sorry can't help there but my dealer confirms it has HELE and that it has Start Stop as a part of the function but it has to be activated rather than deactivated. In other words it wont work unless told to.

Who knows, he maybe wrong. Wont worry me if he is frankly as athough I had it on the FF I only ever used it once to see if it worked.

9. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013

Same as current FF

10. Future328

Future328 Rookie

Sep 9, 2014
    SoBe
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Ok thanks, as long as it is 100% defeatable I would be okay with it...

11. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    The Renault Megane that we leased to tour Italy and France this summer has start/stop. It is heinous. Even happens on steep hills. Does not seem defeatable.

Glad to hear it is not (yet) mandatory to use on the Lusso. Ranks with the stupidest governmental reg-driven features ever created.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. shrews

shrews Karting

Jun 13, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Just spec'd my Lusso and unlike the FF HELE is no longer an option but standard feature. Also hoping it will be something you turn on if you want unlike my RR that I have to turn off manually every time I get in the car...

13. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    After specing mu GTC Lusso at the Atelier, myferrari.com showed the HELE which I did not order on my order spec as an addition option. I called my dealer and they told me they would have it removed. Most of what I did order as options are also not correct. I was told it would be rectified as it came closer to production. I also requested a list of all the options that were not available when I was in Maranello in early May and haven't received that yet. Does anyone have an updated option list?

14. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Such a feature should be made user-selectable. It will most likely increase the wear on the cylinder walls and stress the already incompetent and weak oem battery.

15. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Yup...

According to the other posts it seems like it is the drivers choice of if they want it on, or off...

16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I recently bough a vw golf and you can turn it off wenever you want.

17. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    RR uses a small LiON battery pack to run their stop/start. If you don't like the system, have your dealer simply disconnect this. It is very easy for them to do. Then you will always have the stop/start icon active on the speedo/tach but the motor will never turn off at stops. :)

I agree with you guys, this is a really annoying system. I am conditioned to think when the motor stops suddenly like that- it is dead. But I can admit there is a benefit for urban areas where cars are often stopped in traffic. There will be less emissions. I still don't like it though!

18. wab0625

wab0625 Karting

Jun 2, 2013
    From literature it seems you have to order the HELE option in order to turn off stop/start. Is this true? I don't want to pay for the HELE option just to have the ability to turn off stop/start.

19. DaveMc

DaveMc Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Palm Coast, Florida
    But then at night time, you will constantly have an annoying "idiot light" lit on your instrument cluster? Really? In a Rolls? Unconscionable!