New Ford GT | Page 34 | FerrariChat

New Ford GT

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by atomicskiracer, Jan 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Well said, and I agree with it all !

2. humdizzle

humdizzle Karting

Mar 9, 2016
    personally I feel that its a slap in the face that ford did not give first allocations to American buyers. Lets not forget whose tax dollars bailed them out.

3. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    It's hard to give 500 Cars to 3000 people! By the way, I didn't get one and I am an original owner. Very disappointed!

Joe

4. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Ford didn't take a bailout.

They sold off excess brands to focus on their core business, and secured extra financing prior to the market crash.

5. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Congrats!! I look forward to seeing it around.

6. vyprgt2

vyprgt2 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2005
    CA
    Full Name:
    John
    #831 vyprgt2, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    Ditto here. It would have been great if original owners who applied could all have been given allocations or wait-listed (first-in-line vouchered) for next time.

Congrats to Sinovac, ByeEnzo and the many other well-deserving lucky ones- have fun with the cars and hope you get them soon! Hopefully, the rest of us will join you in a couple of years!

7. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    Get your facts straight before you open your mouth.

8. SteveA

SteveA Karting

May 21, 2006
    Sandpoint Id
    Full Name:
    Steve Ard
    Agreed, not to mention that very very few cars went overseas. DBK may know that exact number but it's low.

9. humdizzle

humdizzle Karting

Mar 9, 2016
    oh please. call it what you want.. they lobbied for the bailout of GM and took a 6 billion dollar loan at 0.25% (pretty much free money) to keep themselves afloat. And still haven't paid it back. Why would they at that low interest rate.

Ford Motor Co. Does U-turn on Bailouts

10. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    Thank you very much. I hope all our FordGTForum friends can get a car. The extension of the race program to four years bodes well for another run of 500 or so cars. While the homologation rules don't require continued production, it makes perfect sense from a marketing and customer relations standpoint to continue the production run until the end of the race program.

11. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    How many Preston Henn's are out there? He's distraught over not getting the LaF spyder. Surely he is deserving of the factory's attention and allocation?

12. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    What company wouldn't want a $6B line of credit at that rate?

And of course they wanted GM and Chrysler to survive. If 2 of the big 3 had failed, many of their suppliers, and the entire city of Detroit would have gone under. a good leader can see the big picture and in some ways predict the future.

13. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
  14. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Seriously guys????? These people got cars over some long term Ford owners?

Amy Macdonald, Scottish singer-songwriter

YouTuber Shmee150

deadmau5, music producer and performer

C.J. Wilson, professional baseball player

Brooks from DragTimes

Sanjay Mehta, brother of The Truth About Cars writer Sajeev Mehta

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRYvuS9OxdA[/ame]

15. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    deadmaus (Joel Zimmerman) is a huge car guy with multiple McLarens, Ferraris, Porsches etc. does Gumball and other car rallies.

CJ Wilson owns a racing team and a handful of car dealerships, including a McLaren dealership in Scottsdale.

so it's not like they're not car guys at all....

16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Deadmus is only interested in publicity for the cars he buys. He immediately butchers them to promote himself on social media.

17. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    butchers?

18. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    To continue bludgeoning you with your streak of endless public cluelessness, both of these guys are long term Ford GT owners, both cars are modded and raced, both have large collections, and both of them post on this website. One of them frequently. OH THE HORROR.

You should seriously considering pushing the chair away from the keyboard.

19. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I always find the outcry from wealthy people who get denied something for perhaps the first time in many years amusing. Happy for those that are getting a GT. Simple as that. If you aren't (read can't) getting one straight from Ford, oh well, there are far worse problems in the world.

20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #845 TheMayor, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    Your problem is you can't defend what Ford has done and is doing.

Look --- I said -- take all the names of the 6500 screened applicants and put them in a hat. Draw out 500. What in heck would have been wrong in that? Wouldn't that be really fair to everyone???

EXPLAIN why it's a bad idea....

We're waiting

Well, while I'm waiting I'll explain to you why they didn't do that.

1) Because some went to people that Ford likes. Investors, bankers, suppliers, race team owners, owners of mega dealers, "friends of Ford", etc. So, it would reveal that there is a privileged class. The actual number of the 500 going to "ordinary people" will never be known.

2) Some of the people chosen were chosen for maximum PR payoff and not their "loyalty" to Ford. Just look at the people on the list. There is no other explanation.

Sorry if the truth hurts. Or, you don't mind the truth.

21. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    You are seriously the ****in gift that keeps on giving.

Ford GT owners were given the vast majority of the allocations. That is a fact. I will leave it to Ford to give you specifics that information, which they will, soon. And if you were a dealer or a fleet customer or a supplier that got an allocation on that basis and you happened to own a GT as well (which of course a great deal did), you were not counted against the pool of allocations granted to GT owners. This further inflated the total of prior generation GT owners who received allocations.

The thing is, when Ford does detail some of the breakdown on how many allocations were given around, you will be shown to be completely wrong, and will find some new divergent path to claim you were correct, all while ignoring any factual information.

This has to be some kind of treatable disorder.

22. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    another way to look at it is Ford allocated 500 cars and everyone is *****ing about 5-10 of the people who got them....so I think Ford did a reasonable job.

23. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    I am very disappointed and I am waiting for a letter from Ford that they realize their mistake. It might be a long wait.

Joe

24. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Funny, Capt. Sparklez pretty much sealed the fact that he'll never get another LE car from McLaren...referring to his 675LT as the "Toyota Corolla Super Sport" near the end of this video.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJIi_94RKvY[/ame]

Btw, what is he driving - a Bentley?

25. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion