HRE Wheels | Ferrari F40 with HRE RS105 Wheels - Photoshoot Here! | FerrariChat

HRE Wheels | Ferrari F40 with HRE RS105 Wheels - Photoshoot Here!

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by HRE_Jurrian, Jul 12, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    Great photo shoot but those wheels really mess up the iconic nature of the f40. They just seem totally unnecessary. Unfortunately it looks some modified kit car now as opposed to one of the most known Supercars ever made. And HRE are my favourite aftermarket wheel brand and love the work you guys do.

2. marko.urbac

marko.urbac Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
    I hope Enzo Ferrari doesn't see this.

3. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    Looks beautiful, love it!

The purists make me laugh. Its just wheels people...

Edit: Is there any way to get wall paper pictures of the above? Beautiful pics.

4. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Wrong, it's the ugly black rubber add-ons and side markers that make it look like a kit car or something. Wheels are OK, even if black :)

5. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    do you know the wheel and tire sizes? I think it looks great.

does this car have the upgraded brake kit on it?

6. FiveLiterEater96

FiveLiterEater96 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2005
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Yea, what is all of that?

I think the wheels look great!

7. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    That's your federal regulations in all their glory :(

8. GRahal09

GRahal09 Rookie

Nov 28, 2011
    Ya this is my car, and its stock, so all the rubber add ons are just F40 parts lol. But I love the wheels and think it turned out great. I did the wheels for several reasons, I love working with HRE, I like doing things unique and different, and I'm 27 years old so its cool to modernize and icon a little. There are no other mods, and will be no other mods. I also found it best to try and preserve my stock wheels as I will definitely be driving the car, so I took them off, had them refinished and they will be preserved now.

Love all the comments though, to each their own. I love the way it turned out, and its no garage queen show car, its going to be a driver! If you're in Monterey for the Historic's, you will see it there and can judge it better.

9. e46m3

e46m3 Karting

Jul 20, 2006
    DC
    Full Name:
    Ravi
    ^^ 27yo and owns an F40...im doing something wrong in my life

10. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #11 freshmeat, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Take a close look at his user name. ;)

I think it looks awesome.

12. FiveLiterEater96

FiveLiterEater96 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2005
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #13 FiveLiterEater96, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    LOL!

Ha! This site never fails to amuse me.

13. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Looks great!

14. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    So... should we start adding enormous wings to our street cars? Seems like they complement black wheels nicely... :D

Seriously, racing is racing, those cars can't be compared aesthetically with road cars, even LaFerraris and such. And I know and remember all those cars very well (I'm 41, all those were my fave F1 cars), so not selective amnesia at all :)

Black wheels for road cars are trendy right now, trendier in fact than 5 years ago. I'm not saying it's a short term fad, in fact it could go on forever, I can't predict, but it is a fact that is something relatively new/trendy for street cars. How many Testarossas or 550s have you seen with black wheels?

15. lsmkr01

lsmkr01 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    VA
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    #16 lsmkr01, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    I think the car looks awesome. Personally i'd ditch the side marker lights and the rubber bumper trim but haveing them there is not an eye sore. Enjoy it to the fullest!

16. GRahal09

GRahal09 Rookie

Nov 28, 2011
    Agreed, but honestly again I don't like to modify these things really. I just did the wheels as I love cool projects with HRE and wanted to get some new tires and wheels on it to preserve the stockers.

The one thing i may do, and did the larger wheels to allow me to do it, is add in some new brakes. I work with Brembo in racing and they can do a great kit for it. One of the things that amazed me about the F40 was just how horrible the brakes were! Scary really for such fast car, so i may upgrade the brakes simply for a safety reason.

17. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    There is an aftermarket ABS kit for them which may be worthwhile if you are upgrading the brakes.

18. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG
    #19 Maranello Guy, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    Wheels look really good. Whish to see them in silver finish.

Also, where those pictures were taken ? Somewhere close to you guys? Seems like the 488 is the one which rolled out from TAG Motorsport lately.

19. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    Pictures of an Indy Car would probably be more appropriate for Graham Rahal.

Love the wheels, looks sharp. I am a big fan of aggressive fitment, but I am the very small minority on this forum. I would even add more personalization, and crank up the boost on that thing.

Congrats!