Ferrari Demonstration Day - Simeone Museum - July 23 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Demonstration Day - Simeone Museum - July 23

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Ney, Jul 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    #1 Ney, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    For those of you in the Mid-Atlantic Region, there is an upcoming Demonstration Day for Ferrari at the Simeone Museum on Saturday July 23.

Demonstration days start at 12:00 and selected cars brought out of the museum confines placed on display outside. After a brief explanation about the history of the car and its place in the history of automotive design by Dr. Simeone, it is driven for those in attendance to see, hear, smell and experience. It is rare for museums to get cars out for this type of event. Of course, the remainer of the Simeone museum is open for you to see the rest of the cars on display.

http://www.simeonemuseum.org/demonstration-demo-days

Cars slated for demonstration this Saturday are:

1954 Ferrari 375 MM, s/n 0412 AM
    This car had little race history, but was owned for some time by actor William Holden who is know for the movie Bridge over the River Kwai. Car was later taken to Bonneville salt flats where it was said to have achieved 165 mph.

1956 Ferrari Tour de France, s/n 0509 GT
    This car was a two time entrant in the Miglia Mille, both in 1956 and 1957, finishing 8th and 6th in class. It was later campaigned by Garage Francorchamps of Belguim and was first in the GT class at the 1958 1000k of Nurburgring.

1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa, s/n 0710 TR
    This car was raced extensively on the west coast events John Von Neumann, his wife Josie and Richie Ginther. It was also raced at Nassau Speed Weeks in the Bahamas.

1959 Ferrari 250 GT Interim, s/n 1377 GT
    This car was raced at LeMans in 1960 by a South American entrant from Venezuela finishing 6th overall and 4th in class.

After the demonstration, visitors can see the cars up close with engine compartments and interiors available for display. While it is not a track event, it is a chance to see and hear these cars moving and up close.

I have been to some previous events and it is a very enjoyable time.

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #2 Marcel Massini, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here's Jane and Bob Dusek's fabulous 0509 GT.

Marcel Massini
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Wow! Having been to the museums demo days a number of times, these are truly wonderful events, and even better when they include cars such as these that haven't been displayed and driven before at the museum! I'm not positive I can make it as I have a prior commitment, but I wanted to post as these events are certainly worthy of a visit!

Erik

4. izaacbrook

izaacbrook Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Izaac Brook
    Really looking forward to this. It will be my first time visiting the Foundation

5. TJsBeer

TJsBeer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 10, 2016
    Valley Forge, PA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Miller
    I'm going to try and go after C&C West Chester, but it supposed to be like a 100 degrees on Saturday and I melt.

1985 308 GTS (Grigio/Rosso)
    1995 911 Coupe (Fly Yellow)
    1987 911 Targa (Guards Red)
    1984 M635CSi Euro Spec
    2014 Maserati Ghibli