Awesome Review From Bold Ride on Mondial t today | FerrariChat

Awesome Review From Bold Ride on Mondial t today

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by paulchua, Jul 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Awesome review:

Going the Distance With a 1989 Ferrari Mondial T

"Obviously smitten with his peach of an F-car, Kovac has some final choice words for the keyboard jockeys. “I am no longer a believer in anything that gets posted in an automotive, online forum,” he declares. “These days, careful research and taking the plunge into ownership is the only true measure of reality. Had I listened to all the naysayers, I might still be driving something a bit more arcane and truck-like, with the engine slung out over the rear axle, but no less fun or engaging. Real car enthusiasts understand there are no wrong answers, only different remedies to cure our ill for driving pleasure. The Mondial definitely delivers.”

2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
  3. Roc

Roc Karting

Nov 19, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Rocco LaBriola
    Thanks Paul! Very enjoyable.

4. davebdave

davebdave Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 18, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dave W
    Nice video and article but "ouch" if you own an early Mondial.

5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Unfortunately, his good intentions to highlight the positive things about the Mondial, once again spreads myths.

He said the older Mondial's had flabby handling = false
    His comments on power only were relevant on the 8, which was on par to others cars of 1980. They didn't even mention the very awesome QV and 3.2

It's telling that these cars just seem to have a perpetual shroud of mystery, even to well meaning commentators.

6. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Mongo only pawn in great game of life.
    Fun to see that article. I always liked Mongos, then SNJ5 created his, and I like them even better. I may need one one of these days.

7. docvb

docvb Rookie

Jun 6, 2010
    Nice video, appears the dash and steering wheel as well as center console are updated too vs the 87 Cab, although I prefer the flat Momo steering wheel, just in the smaller size. I'd prefer the door mounted window switches as well.

Hope my "old fashioned" transverse ferrari V8 sounds as nice as that one to any trailing verhicles. I do wish my 5th gear ratio was a little steeper for lower-rev 70+ mph cruising however.

8. TMan

TMan Formula Junior

May 13, 2006
    Colorful Colorado
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Excellent Paul! A must read and look for all of the naysayers.
    Thanks Paul.

9. Allen S.

Allen S. Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen / AKA tCoupe
    Thanks for posting Paul.
    Nice read and video as I prep for my Friday F-drive.

10. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
  11. davebdave

davebdave Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 18, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dave W
  12. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    I assume this is a US car. Crema leather with Rosso carpets. Does anyone know the car?

13. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Let's see if the owner responds ��

14. s38junkie

s38junkie Karting

Jun 18, 2011
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike K
    Thanks to Temple for alerting me about this thread. I've been away from the Mondial board for a while... too many other cars and projects! I am the owner of the Mondial in the article and video.

When my friend and I shot the video we hadn't scripted it or "designed" an overarching theme. The goal was to capture raw, unfiltered commentary and footage on the Mondial. Obviously, quite a bit was edited to keep my rambling to a minimum. I didn't mean to offend anyone with an earlier Mondial. The opinions expressed are just that... opinions, and you are free to disagree with them. In the interest of brevity, we didn't expound on the QV and 3.2, although I feel they are indeed excellent driving cars.

My car is a US car and was bought last year from the original owner with 21,900 miles. It now shows just a tick under 24,000. I find myself reaching for the keys every chance I get.

15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hi Mike,

Your article and video are awesome! I think only the most sensitive 8,qv,3.2 would be offended by your wonderful video. As I said earlier, it is obvious by your article and video you meant only positive things about the Mondial. My post was to point out that the other models are also suffer from the same misconceptions that you were aware of the t.

Drive in good health my friend! Also great job-this video/article was very enjoyable to me, and I can't thank you enough.

16. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Ah yes, I remember the car for sale on FChat about a year ago. Great buy, and the car looks fantastic. Congratulations! And the video is great.

17. s38junkie

s38junkie Karting

Jun 18, 2011
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike K
    Thanks for the kind words from both of you. I'm humbled to be part of such a terrific community of enthusiasts.

18. jbh1126

jbh1126 Rookie

Aug 1, 2011
    Hey thanks! I wrote that!

19. jbh1126

jbh1126 Rookie

Aug 1, 2011
    :) Finding this thread was a real treat.